As Long As I Have You

Guest callyha

Sorry! Had too much going on in my personal life that I forgot to comment so I apologise.

Chapter 2: Brax and cagefighting... that cannot be good, as much as I dont want to, I think I am beginning to hate Angelo...

& the recent chapter was good to read as well :)

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Danni, Carina (hope your migraine is nowhere to be found) soph1303 (Ruby does exsist.....hehe) elikell, Lucii & Zetti (Hope your ok) for the :wub: comments xxxx

Chapter 4

Angelo continued to stare at the door that Charlie had slammed on her way out. His hands clenched together as he tapped them on his chin as he sat at the desk; papers littered the table top underneath his elbows. His face contorted as he wondered why Charlie was beginning to pull away from him; he couldn't understand it. She had nice clothes, a nice house to live in, friends of plenty, money to spend whenever she wanted. Her life was great, and Angelo was the one who made that happen.

Slamming his hands down on the desk, Angelo rose to his feet, knocking the chair he was sat on over with the force of his legs straightening out. Angelo had a problem, and he needed it to be sorted; if his rivals found out about any problems Angelo had -either in business or pleasure- they would sink him.

Angelo rushed over to the door and opened it, looking out over the sea of customers he had in his club. He saw the blonde hair of Bianca stood in front of a man with messy mousy-brown hair. It had to be Liam. Angelo made his way throught the crowd, smiling briefly at the many people who congratulated him on the sucess of his

business.

"Where's Sid?" Angelo asked as he stood beside Liam

"He had to go" Liam replied after pulling away from Bianca

"You find him" Angelo pointed to Liam "And you, you find me Charlie and bring her here. I want to talk to her" Angelo pointed to Bianca. Liam and Bianca looked from Angelo to each other "Now!" Angelo shouted, startling Liam and Bianca "And don't come back without them!" He added as Liam and Bianca made there way through the crowd. Angelo turned to the bartender "Whisky on the rocks"

~*~

"And then my dad died" Brax continued "Mum just gave up after that. She'd go to work when she felt like it, she'd spend most of her time at the pub. Heath was getting into loads of trouble at school, Casey was only three and still needed mum for everything. I could see things falling apart around our heads and I couldn't do anything -I was seventeen, I still had school to go to"

A tear rolled down Charlie's face "So what did you do?"

Brax sighed "I dropped out. It was the only thing I could think of. I looked around for a job, anything that would give me enough money to keep Heath in school, Casey fed and the social services away from our door"

"Oh Brax" Charlie's heart went out to Brax "I'm-"

"Nah, Its fine. I think I've done well, I mean, Case is still in school and Heath passed his HSC so I can't complain. Its just mum now"

"I'm sure she'll come around" Charlie smiled as she placed her hand on Brax's "You've given so much of your life to help your mum and brothers, she has to recognise it"

"Yea. Well I wouldn't hold my breath" Brax sighed after a long pause "anyway, what about you?"

"What about me?" Charlie asked as she pulled her hand back and placed it on her knees with her other hand

"I've told you about my family, now its your turn" Brax looked to Charlie, who had her lips pursed ready to say she had no family "I know you said you have no family, but I genuinely believe that you have to have some family out there, other than the happiest man on the planet" Brax smiled at his last comment, happy with the fact that he got Charlie to crack a smile too "See, doesn't take a lot to smile you know" Brax said as he gently touched Charlie's face. Charlie closed her eyes as Brax's hand touched her face

Charlie paused for what seemed hours. Swallowing hard, she licked her lips, and began to speak "My mum died when I was thirteen; she'd gotten really sick with cancer and it was just slowly killing her. When she died, my dad and I were sort of glad -Not because she was dead or anything, but because she would not longer be feeling the pain of the cancer eating away at her" Charlie opened her eyes and wiped the tear from her face, Brax nodded at Charlie's rebound from the 'glad' part; his face saddened with news of Charlie's mum "That was the beginning of the end for me really" Charlie looked to the ground "Things happened, and before I knew it, I was fourteen -nearly fifteen- parentless and all alone" Charlie's eyes glazed over with tears as she looked back to Brax "My dad was killed in a hit and run after I came out of the hospital" Brax leaned over to Charlie and pulled her close, Charlie never faught against him; she needed the comfort, and she let Brax hold her. His arms enclosed her, making her feel the safest she had done in a long time.

~*~

Bianca watched the scene from the pavement. Unsure of what she should feel about what she was witnessing; She could see how at ease Charlie was, but she could also see what would happen if Angelo caught them togehter. Bianca sighed as she placed her hands in her pockets; she glanced over her shoulder to the club she had just walked out of after been given her orders.

Bianca walked across the road, closely looking around her to make sure none of Angelo's moles were around, checking up on herself and Charlie. "Hey" Bianca spoke softly as she walked behind Charlie and Brax, who quickly pulled apart "I hate to break this up, but he's wanting you" Bianca said as she looked to Charlie

"Oh, now he wants to talk" Charlie shook her head. A choky voice laced her scoff.

"Yea" Bianca sighed "He seems pissed though, just watch yourself"

"Where's Liam?" Charlie asked as she stroked her arms

"Angelo asked him to find Sid. You don't know where he is do you?" Bianca asked as she looked to Charlie

Charlie shook her head "Haven't seen him" she answered before looking to Brax and smiling softly "I'll probaly see you in the club when you clean"

"Aye" Brax replied. Charlie nodded and headed toward the club. Bianca watched Brax as he gazed to Charlie as she walked across the road and into the club

"I'd be careful" Bianca sat herself down next to Brax "Angelo can make very bad things happen to you if you mess with Charlie" Brax turned to face Bianca

"I was just talking" Brax held his hands out "Is that a crime now?"

"I have nothing against it -I think its nice that Charlie has someone other than Sid, Liam and I to talk to- Its Angelo who'll have the problem. Charlie and him have been together for twelve years; thats a really long time" Bianca explained

"You seriously think Angelo loves her?" Brax asked as he looked over to the club

"Not in the way Charlie wants to be loved" Bianca shook her head "I've seen her look at Miles and Leah. They hold hands when they walk along the beach, they look deep into each others eyes, they smile, they talk. They love each other in every possible way. Charlie would love a small piece of that; they used to talk, but then power and money went to Angelo's head"

"How did you get messed up in all this?" Brax asked

"I was a dancer. And Angelo's was hosting a dance competition. I won it, and I had three other clubs offer me a certain amount of money to dance at their club; but Angelo gave me the best deal" Bianca answered "So I started dancing here, and then after a couple of years I was offered chance to work at the High School as the dance teacher" Bianca smiled "But then something happened, I'm not too sure of what it was, but something bad. And that's when Angelo employed Liam and Sid. Liam and I hit it off and I've stayed ever since" Bianca looked to Brax "I can walk away from that place anytime I want to. So can Sid for that matter"

"So why don't you?" Brax asked

Bianca looked around to Brax "Because I'm scared of what could happen if I do"

~*~

Liam had walked back toward Angelo with Sid by his side. Chef's were walking in and out of Angelo's office as Liam and Sid looked to them with confused looks on their faces.

Angelo placed some money in one chef's hand as he shook it "Thank's mate" Angelo slapped him on the back gently as the man walked away with the money "About time!" Angelo said as he look from his watch to Liam and Sid

"What do you want?" Sid asked as he stood with his arms crossed over his chest

"For you two to stand out side my door when I have Charlie in here" Angelo answered as he pointed to his office.

"You're not going to be 'honeymooning' are you?" Liam asked as he did air quotations

"No. Charlie wants to talk, so I'm going to talk" Angelo replied before walking into the office.

Oh you updated... They are both great chapters...

Sorry if this question has been asked but is Ruby not Charlie's daughter in this...?

Oh no The talk Angelo now wants to have doesnt sound good... Poor Charlie..

Charlie and Brax talking on the beach was so cute... Awww :)

Update soon plz... :)

Angelo needs to go and get himself shot or something, because he really is not a nice man!!

I hope that Charlie is okay after their "talk". He better not hurt her!

Loved Charlie and Brax on the beach. It was nice. I'm glad that Charlie has someone she can talk to.

Another wonderful update.

Hmm interesting chapter. So Ruby does exist - intriguing! Loved the talk between Charlie and Brax. And it was interesting to find out a bit of background info on Bianca as well. Angelo really is a nasty piece of work in this fic isn't he? Great stuff - more soon please :D!!

Thank you Angel90, Carina, elikell, soph1303, Chickiboomxx and Danni :wub:

Chapter warning: One mention of abuse

Chapter 5

Charlie walked into the club and saw Liam and Sid stood outside the office door. Charlie closed her eyes for a moment, trying to prepare herself for whatever Angelo had planned. Sighing heavily, Charlie made her way to the bathroom, to rid herself of any sand that may have been on her clothes, and to apply some lipstick and some mascara. She always felt the need to wear make-up when she was near Angelo -he always commented on her appearence, showing her off as much as he could to his competitors-

The bathroom was cold and empty. Charlie thought how it reminded her of Angelo and herself; Angelo was cold, and she was empty. Approaching the large mirror that greeted women upon entering the bathroom, Charlie proceeded to open her bag and grab her lipstick and mascara. As she applied the mascara to her eyelashes, she wondered why Brax was still bothering with her; he was pleasant to her during his working hours sure, but, that was it. Brax would never talk to her. And suddenly, now he was.

Charlie couldn't help but smile to herself as she applied her lipstick. Her mind full of wonder and questions for Brax. She could happily spend a day with him, just talking and becoming a friend. He had already to her so much about his family; and she had barely even scratched the surface with her family.

Charlie placed the mascara and lipstick back into her bag before she left the bathroom and headed for the office. Sid and Liam stood to the side as she apporached; both reaching for the door handle to open it for her "Thank you" Charlie smiled briefly to Liam and then Sid.

Charlie's mouth opened with amazement. In the middle of the office there lay a table set for two. An ice bucket stood to the side with a bottle of champagne in, candles burning in the middle of the table, crockery shining brightly against the flames from the candles, soft music playing in the background. Charlie stood and took it all in. Angelo DID care.

~*~

Because I'm scared of what could happen if I do.

Bianca's final words echoed through Brax's head as he walked home. What could be happeneing to Charlie and Bianca that had them so worried? Had them so scared?

An outsider looking in wouldn't see what Brax saw. No one would, and no one would believe it. Brax didn't believe it until he saw it with his own eyes and heard it with his own ears. Charlie and Bianca were trapped -in one way or another- and couldn't get out.

"Yo Brax!" Heath shouted as he ran down the street

"What mate?" Brax replied, shaking his head to get away from his thoughts

"I sold that scrap metal. $400" Heath smiled "I need your truck to pick up some more metal"

"$400, not bad" Brax was pleased "You aint theiving it are ya?" Brax asked as he placed his hand into his pocket and fished out his keys

"Nah man. Clean stuff" Heath replied "I can cut you in if you want" Heath offered

"Nah, this is your thing" Brax hit Heath on the shoulder as a gesture of good will "Case in there?" Brax pointed to the house

"I think so. If he aint in there, he's at the skate park with a few lads from that Summer place" Heath replied "I'll try not break the truck" Heath said before running to the back of the house to start the truck up. Brax waited and watched as Heath pulled away from the house. Brax smiled as he turned to face his home. It didn't seem so bad now; more so after his conversation with Charlie who had no family.

Brax still found it hard to believe that there was no one in Charlie's life that she could call 'family'. But she herself said her mum and dad were dead, and had been for thirteen and fourteen years. Brax re-evaluated his relationship with his mum: Although he wished she would do something and take care of her three boys, he was glad in the fact that at least he had a mum.

Brax stood infront of the last family picture. Heath and Brax had their arms around each others neck as they stood in front of their mum and dad, who placed on hand on each shoulder of their two eldest sons. Casey stood infront of Heath and Brax, looking up to his older brothers as they messed around.

They might not have been looking to the camera, but it was the Braxton family photo.

~*~

Charlie sat at the table opposite Angelo. Uncomfortable as she fed herself the latest food craze Angelo was on. Sid and Liam stood like bodyguards near the door, just adding to Charlie's uncomfortableness.

"Do they have to be here?" Charlie asked as she placed her knife and fork at the side of her plate

"Yes" Angelo replied without stopping to look at Charlie

"Why?" Charlie asked as she glared at Angelo

"You ran off once. I can't have that happen again. Besides, I need you for something" Angelo replied, this time placing his cuttelry beside his plate "That cleaner guy. I want him"

"He's not your type" Charlie replied as she took a sip of her wine

"I want you to get him to sign this" Angelo said, ignoring Charlie's little remark

"What is it?" Charlie asked as she placed her glass on the table and took the paper from Angelo

"Its a contract" Angelo replied

"For who? Why?" Charlie asked as she quickly scanned the writing on the page

"For that cleaner. He can fight, I need a fighter"

"Why do you need a fighter?" Charlie asked as she placed the paper on the table and picked up her glass of wine and brought it to her rouge lips

"Cage fighting. The winning club recieves $100,000. 5% of which will go to him" Angelo smiled

"So you are going to give him $5000 to get his head bashed in, whilst you keep the rest of the money?" Angelo nodded "He wont sign it"

"Oh he will" Angelo smirked as he folded the paper up and slipped it into his jacket pocket

"Why do you sound so sure of yourself?" Charlie asked as she poured herself some more wine

"Because you are going to get him to sign it" Angelo looked to Charlie "By any means nessecary"

Charlie swallowed hard "And what if he doesn't sign?"

"I don't know of anyone who can say no to you. Put that tight fitting dress on with those high heels and he'll eat out of the palm of your hand" Angelo sat back in his chair, smirking.

"And what if I don't want to?" Charlie asked

Angelo leaned forward and placed his hand gently down on top of Charlie's "Then, I guess I'll have to do it myself" Angelo squeezed Charlie's hand

"Ow, Angelo, you're hurting me" Charlie cried as she tried to take her hand from under Angelo's

"Are you going to get this signed?" Angelo asked as he used his free hand to take the contract out of his pocket

Charlie looked to her hand which was screeching out to her to be saved, and then to the contract in Angelo's hand "I'll see what I can do" Charlie said softly

"That's better" Angelo replied as he let Charlie's hand go. Charlie grabbed her hand and rubbed it to try and ease the pain. She looked to Angelo and wondered how he could have turned so maleovelent "You have three days" Angelo added "Now go". Charlie sniffed back tears as she rose to her feet. Her hands trembling as she walked over to the door.

Liam and Sid were now at the bar. Angelo had given them 'the nod' to leave "I guess he wanted to have a bit of privacy" Liam smiled as he drank his tequila shot

"Privacy? Angelo?" Sid drank his shot "Don't make me laugh. everyone knows what his game is"

"The girl, the power, the money. By any means possible" Liam smiled

"He may have the money and power, but I don't think he has the girl" Sid chuckled

"God no. What is it now? twelve years? And for seven of those she has spent more time away from him then she has actually with him?" Liam laughed

"Sounds abpout right" Sid laughed "Hey, when you asking Bianca to marry you?" Sid asked as he drank another shot

"I don't know. With this thing Angelo is planning I don't want to have to be all over the place with proposing and getting wedding things sorted and having to babysit Angelo" Liam replied as he lifted his bottle of beer to his lips "What about you and Roo?"

"Roo and I are a few years off thinking about marriage" Sid replied

"Not that you dope" Liam punched Sid in the arm playfully "I mean, how are things there"

"Oh. Yea, they're good" Sid smiled

"Just good?" LIam asked but Sid never replied "Oi, Sid" Liam waved his hand infront of Sid's face

"Hang on a minuted mate" Sid never broke eye contact with what he was looking at. Liam watched as Sid left the club -follwing someone

"Charlie, you alright?" Sid asked as he followed Charlie across the car park

"Yea, I'm fine. Just, leave me alone Sid" Charlie cried as she sprinted off. Sid stood alone in the dark, looking at the figure running away from him, dishearted as he wasn't much help.

Archived