As Long As I Have You

Guest callyha

Oh wow, another interesting chapter.

I feel so sorry for Charlie. Man, Angelo is not a nice person at all, is he?!

Get out while you can Brax. And please take Charlie with you. Or kill Angelo. Either is fine with me!

Poor Ruby wanting answers, but at least she got them. I'm really not sure if she'll like what she finds though.

Glad that Bianca and Irene were there for Charlie when she needed them.

Can't wait to see where you take this next.

Update soon please :)

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great chapter,

Liked the talk between Brax and Charlie. It's sad that Angelo seems to have so much of a hold over Charlie.

Glad that Irene and Bianca are worried about Charlie.

So Ruby knows for definite now that she is adopted. And what her mother's first name is.

More soon please :D

Great updates! Angelo :angry: He just makes me sooo angry I could....ah grrr him!

I feel so sorry for Charlie, she is miserable and just needs out, hopefully she can find the strength to leave him! And Brax is all caught up in this now, oh dear! :(

Ah Ruby wants to find her mother......oh dear, not sure that could go well for her if she does find Charlie. Stupid Angelo will probably ruin things!

Update soon :)

Thank you so much for the comments you have left me, :wub: Angel90, elikell, soph1303, Carina, Sarah, Danni :wub:

Chapter 11

Irene walked down the stairs of her house, scratching her head as she yawned. She'd been kept up most of the night; listening to Bianca and Charlie crying and laughing.

Irene didn't mind, she knew that it was something Charlie had needed to do. Irene looked to the slight mess that was on the table near the sofa and smiled softly; a bowl of crisps was left half-eaten and two glasses smeared with lipstick and finger prints were beside the bowl. Crumbs were scattered in a line from the bowl across the floor and to the sofa.

As she stepped closer to the sofa, Irene saw an arm hanging over and touching the floor. The long, dark hair covered her face, and the sofa was barely long enough to fit her tall frame on. The blanket she had been covered with only just covered her; she'd spent most of the night curled up on the fetal postion just for the heat. Irene's heart went out to Charlie as she looked upon her; how can someone be so happy whilst been so sad? and why was she so alone, when she had loved ones around her?

A tear rolled down Irene's cheek as she stroked Charlie's hair away form her face. Irene had never felt more like Charlie's mother than at moments like this; there had been many over the last twelve years, and Charlie had never hidden the fact that she had grown to love Irene as a mother.

Irene continued to stroke Charlie's hair and slowly, Charlie began to wake. "Charlie" Irene spoke softly as a smile formed on her face

Charlie looked up to Irene and returned the smiled. She yawned and wiped her eyes as she sat herself up "What time is it?" Charlie asked as Irene sat beside her

"Just after seven" Irene replied as she placed her hand on Charlie's "We're here for you you know" Irene said after a silence between the two "We're your family, even more so than Angelo is"

"Thanks Irene" Charlie smiled weakly "I'd better go" Charlie added as she looked around after hearing the footsteps of either Bianca or April "erm," Charlie scratched her head "sorry about the wine"

"Don't worry darl. Rules were made to be broken" Irene winked to Charlie, casusing her to smile thankfully. "Charlie" Irene said just as Charlie was about to walk out of the door "That door...its always open" Irene continued

"I know" Charlie smiled and nodded "Thanks" tears glazed her eyes as she looked to Irene before leaving the house.

~*~

Charlie walked along the beach, looking out to the boats that bobbed on the oceans surface; her mind racing with a million and one things. Looking back to the beach in front of her, she saw a young teen walking her dog along the beach, instantly Charlie felt the jealously run through her body; the teen couldn't have been any older than thriteen or fourteen and Charlie wished she was that age once more: at least then she didn't know Angelo and both her parents were alive.

The teen walked passed Charlie with the dog still following her. Her mind too, racing with a million and one things. She continued to walk along the beach, which soon turned in to a jog as she saw Casey walk along the top side of the beach, heading to the surf club.

"Case!" Ruby shouted as she ran to catch Casey up "Lucky, sit" Ruby said to the dog, who sat when he was told "Are you alright?" Ruby looked to Casey and knew that the question was a stupid one to ask; he looked like hell.

"Something is going on with Heath and Brax, and they wont tell me anything. I'm not a kid!" Casey raised his voice for the last four words "I can handle things, I'm part of the family too, things effect me too"

"Unless they think they're protectiong you" Ruby questioned "The amount of times Dan and Issy have kept things from me to protect me is untrue. But I can see why they've not told me"

"This is different Rubes" Casey replied

"How?" Ruby asked

"Heath and Brax say everything is fine when it isn't. I had to hide under the house a couple of years ago because of Heath and one of his money making schemes that went wrong" Casey shook his head, he still had a hard time getting over this "I bet Dan and Issy never did anything like that"

"No. But that doesn't mean that the reasons behind what they did are different" Ruby placed her hand on Casey's hand

"Anyway" Casey pulled his hand from Ruby's "How did that talk go with your mum and dad?"

Ruby looked away "I am adopted"

"Whoa" Casey replied "You okay?"

"I'm fine" Casey looked to Ruby "Seriously" Ruby assured Casey

"So, what did they say?"

"That my birth mother was really young when she had me and that having me adopted was the best thing for me. My birth mother didn't want to give me up, but there was no other way around it" Ruby looked to Casey

"How young is young?" Casey asked

"I don't know. Charlotte wouldn't say how old she was" Ruby replied

"Who is Charlotte?" Casey asked

"Her name. My birth mothers name" Ruby answered "So I suppose, I have her name, I have the place where I was born, I know the agency where mum and dad went to to adopt me, and I know when I was born. Maybe I could get some answers that way"

"I can help if you want" Casey half-heartedly said as Ruby grabbed Lucky's lead

"No its fine thanks. I have to do this by myself, and besdies, you have your own things to worry about" Casey nodded in agreement "I'll see you later"

"Yea. Bye"

~*~

Roo walked into the kicthen with two empty cups, yawning as her feet scuffed the floor. She put the cups on the side and picked the kettle up to fill it as Alf walked through the door, muttering to himself as he walked right passed Roo and to his tackle box which was still on the dining table. Roo smiled as she watched her father grab the box angrily -she knew he would have got to Stewart's point before realising he'd forgotten the box.

Alf walked passed Roo once more and stood in the door way "Morning love" Alf looked to Roo who had her hand near her mouth after she had yawned

"Morning dad" Roo replied sleepily "Forget the box?" Roo asked

"Flamin' thing. I'm going to have to pack the night before or have a spare one at Stweart's point!" Alf looked to the box that was in his hand, Roo couldn't help but smile "I'll see you later love"

"Yea, bye dad" Roo waved as Alf left the house. Roo turned back to face the kettle that was still boiling away, she grabbed the cups and swilled them out with some water before she placed a tea bag in one and a spoonful of coffee in the other. After the kettle boiled she poured water over the contents in the cups, added some milk and stirred before making her way back up stairs to her room.

Sid sat up in bed as he heard Roo approaching the door, he put his paper back on the night stand and smiled as Roo walked closer to him and handed him his

coffee "Thank you"

"You are welcome" Roo replied as she got back into bed "So-"

"Roo, I really have no idea" Sid butted in

"I'm just looking out for Charlie" Roo defended

"I know you are, so am I" Sid replied "I think everyone is to be honest, but if this fight doesn't happen, Charlie could be in more danger"

"How does that work?" Roo asked as the logic never made sense

"If Brax doesn't turn up and fight, Angelo will know that someone has told Brax about what is going to happen, and as thick as Angelo is, he will figure that Charlie has something to do with it" Sid answered, hearing his words out loud made the serverity of the situation all too real

"Surely there has to be a way out for both of them?" Roo said as she brought her cup to her lips

"I don't know if there is" Sid replied as he looked to Roo.

~*~

Brax and Heath walked to the beach with their Surf boards under their arms. The waves were perfect for surfing and Heath smiled devilishly as he geered up to go in.

Brax geered himself up to; although, he wasn't as into the idea as much as Heath was.

His brain couldn't function anymore; he'd been up most of the night trying to figure a way out of this fight he'd been forced to do: he wanted a way that kept himself safe, Heath and Casey safe and -most of all- Charlie safe.

Heath stood upright and looked to Brax who was fastening the velcro around his ankle "See ya in there" Heath smiled as he ran toward the water. Brax slowly stood as he watched Heath swim out, he closed his eyes for a moment before opening them and looking around. He saw a woman lower herself on to the bench that over looked the beach, he smiled. Knowing exactly who the woman was.

"Charlie!" Brax shouted as he ran along the beach and toward the bench. Charlie looked to Brax and smiled slightly before looking back at the ocean "Can I sit?" Brax asked as he pointed to the space beside Charlie

"Yea" Charlie replied, not looking to Brax

"Look" Brax began as he sat on the bench and turned to face Charlie "I can get myself out-"

"No Brax you can't" Charlie butted in as she looked to him "I've tried so many times, I'm sick of trying. And now you're involved" Charlie's eyes filled with tears "I can't watch him wear you down like he has with me" A tear fell from Charlie's eye "I don't want you to fight; I don't want you to have to be apart of this for the rest of your life. But I can't think of how you can get out of this" Charlie wiped her tears from her cheeks

"I will find a way out of this. And I promise-" Brax took Charlie's hands in his "-I promise I'll take you with me"

"I can't" Charlie pulled her hands from Brax "I want to leave this place, more than you will ever know, but I can't" Charlie confessed

"Why? There is nothing keeping you here" Brax asked

Charlie looked to Brax "That's not entirely true" Charlie confessed

"You what?" Brax asked, he looked to Charlie and could see in her face that the 'no family' was in fact a lie "You do have family"

Charlie nodded with her eyes closed "I'm scared that, if I leave the bay, I'll never have that connection" Charlie placed her hand on her chest, just over her heart. Brax placed his hand on top of Charlie's hand and moved it away from her chest

"I'm sorry if I've made this situation more complicated for you" Brax looked into Charlie's eyes

Charlie looked away "You're trying to keep your mum and brothers safe. I don't blame you, I would never blame you. Its just Angelo; he complicates things, makes everything so difficult"

"Why? He's a pathetic, puny little man" Brax laughed at his own words

"Yea, but one who can make anything and everything happen" Charlie looked to Brax and his smile was soon off his face

"You really are trapped by him aren't you?" Brax asked

"Yea" Charlie nodded "And now you are too"

"I just wont fight" Brax shrugged his shoulders

"Brax no, you have to fight" Charlie quickly said as she placed her hands on his forearms "If you don't, Casey, Heath, your mum...they won't be safe. He doesn't just

make threats; he keeps them" Charlie looked desperately into his eyes

"Okay, I'll fight" Brax replied

"But I don't want you to" Charlie moved her hands form his arms "I don't want you to get hurt" Charlie placed her hands on his face and studied it close

"I won't" Brax took Charlie's hands in his

"You're sure of that?" Charlie asked as her eyes glazed with tears once more

"As sure as I can be at this moment" Brax smiled

Oh wow, Charlie and Brax on the beach. Very interesting indeed.

I feel so sorry for Charlie. She's been through so much, and can't get out of any of it. Glad that Irene is there for her.

Wondering how Brax will get out of fighting... Or if he can.

Angelo really has messed everything up for everyone, hasn't he?

Can't wait to see where you take this.

Update soon please :)

Archived