As Long As I Have You

Guest callyha

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great update - lots happening!

I'm glad that Bianca told Miles and that Miles told Leah about Charlie's baby even though it was supposed to be a secret. The more people who know, the more they'll be able to understand.

I hope Brax get's Charlie out of there!

I felt sorry for Charlie at the end of that chapter :(.

More soon please :D

Thank you so much for the :wub: comments. I did say I would try and h=keep these updates as regular as I could, but this week hasn't been the best week for me. Plus my laptop crashed and I lost everything on it, including a couple of chapters...so that didn't help :angry:

But anyway; Lucii(don't be sorry you missed updates), cb2180, Sarah, Samantha28, Carina, soph1303 and Danni. Thank you for reading and commenting :D

Chapter 15

Brax's mood wasn't the best. He'd lost control of most things in his life in such a short time- something he wasn't used to- he'd been trying so hard to keep both brothers on the right track, but failed in himself. If he'd listened to Charlie, maybe he wouldn't be in this mess. As he thought about Charlie, he knew she wasn't to blame. If anything, she was a victim and far from any blame.

Brax threw the covers from himself and threw on a pair of tatty jeans and a shirt from the floor of the room. He walked over to the punching bag that hung from his roof and began to pound on it. Each punch more intense than the other as he thought of a different reason to punch the bag; the bag, however, was Angelo and Brax couldn't help but smile each time his fist made contact with the bag.

He stood for a moment as the bag swayed back and forth. Most of his thoughts were of Charlie and how much he just wanted to take her in his arms, and protect her from everything in life, to love her for who she was, to treat her like she deserved to be treated. But one dark thought always clogged his brain; Angelo Rosetta.

Punching the bag one last time, Brax made his way out of the room and to the next room which stored his equipment for pig shooting. He opened one cabinet and took something out, he wrapped it into a rag before placing it into his pocket. He then reclosed the cabinet and made his way out of the house. He looked over the bay and saw Angelo's restaurant in the distance. He then skimmmed the houses that lined the road and homed in on Angelo's home. He'd driven by it last night in a fit of anger, ready to something -anything- to Angelo; he second guessed himself as he realised Charlie was in the house and he had no way of getting Charlie away from Angelo before he did anything.

Brax sighed loudly before walking to his car. He took the item out of his pocket and placed it in the pocket just in the drivers door before he got into the car. He switched the engine on and as it roared, Brax put it in reverse and headed back to the house, one final time.

~*~

Charlie rolled onto her side as she began to wake. The sun shone throught the gaps in the blind as another morning welcomed itself into the bay. A tear rolled down Charlie's face as she stared out of the window, looking to the sea which broke so peacefully on the sand. Finding it difficult, Charlie threw her covers off herself and made her way to the bathroom for a shower.

As the water rolled off her body and founds it way to the drain, Charlie stared blankly ahead as she rubbed the shower jel into arms and torso. A simple task of washing herself seemed like so much work, Angelo wouldn't notice if she'd showered or not, he wouldn't notice anything different about her.

Charlie often found herself wondering why she even bothered dragging herself out of bed each and every morning. The last few weeks however, Charlie had found a reason, she had found that motivation to get herself out of bed, to get dressed, to go out and be seen once more. The blank expression on Charlie's face melted away as she thought of Brax. She'd known him for little under four months and already she felt like there was nothing she couldn't tell him, she wanted to share her life with him; the present, the futrue and even her past.

Rinsing the soap bubbles off herself, Charlie reached up and turned the shower off before grabbing a towel from the rack and wrapping herself into it. She stepped out of the shower and stood infront of the mirror, which she wiped the condensation off before looking at her reflection. She smiled softly before grabbing her toothbrush and toothpaste from the cupboard.

Just as Charlie was leaving the bathroom, she heard the noise of a bed creaking: Angelo was stirring. Charlie quickly ran into the room where she had slept and remade the bed. She opened the blinds and threw her clothes from the previous night into the closet before walking out of the room and back down the hall to the the room where Angelo was. She opened the door, and saw that Angelo was moving around in the bed; his eyes still closed.

Charlie quietly walked over to her side of the bed and messed the pillow up slightly before walking over to the dresser and sitting on the chair. She held back her tears as she looked at her reflection in the mirror. She then unravelled her hair from the towel on her head and let it hang down over her shoulders. Charlie took one last look in the mirror and saw that Angelo was now sat up, rubbing his eyes as he yawned.

"Morning" Angelo sleepily said as he pushed the covers of himself

"Morning" Charlie replied in an untentional whisper

"I slept like a babe. How did you sleep?" Angelo asked as he placed a kiss on Charlie's forehead and made his way to the door. Charlie knew she didn't have to answer

him; because he was out of the door.

~*~

Leah, Bianca, Roo, Sid, Miles and Liam all sat around the table in Leah's from room. Pancakes, fruit, cereal, toast, marmalade, jam, coffee, juice, milk, butter and syrup littered the table as they all served themselves breakfast. Placing the food on their plates was easy; pouring coffee and milk into their cups was easy; but getting their minds off Charlie wasn't so easy.

Each person sat round the table had known Charlie for at least five years; the less time by Sid and Roo. Leah had known Charlie since Charlie moved to the bay over ten years ago and the two hit it off. Bianca and Liam met Charlie about nine years ago, and instantly, Liam and Charlie butted heads and Bianca and Charlie became friends.

As they sat in silence, battling with their own thoughts; none made eye contact with each other, fearing their lack of an idea to help. Frustrated with the only sound in the room coming from the clock that ticked in the background, Leah threw her fork to her plate

"This is stupid" Leah broke her silence

Roo nodded in agreement "I agree, but-"

"But nothing" Leah interupted "I've seen Charlie go from a shy young teen, to a confident teen to a woman who has nothing left" Leah tucked her hair behind her ears

"Liam, I know Angelo is your mate and you've always had his back, but Charlie is my mate, and now its my turn to have her back"

"Don't you think I know that? Don't you think I know Charlie is slipping away? I know how Angelo treats her, he treats her like some prize he won at a contest, not a girlfriend" Liam defended himself "You think I like seeing that?"

"None of us do" Miles pitched in as he bit into his pancake "But, if Liam suddenly stops having Angelo's back, Angelo is gonna get suss" Miles continued before taking another bite out of his pancake

"So what are you suggesting?" Sid asked

"Well, whatever we decide to do, Liam is going to have to not be involved to any great extent" Miles explained as the group fell back into their silence.

~*~

Welcome To Summer Bay greeted the car as the sun shone on its bonet. Surfers entered the crystal blue waters -surfboards in hand- ready to surf the waves that crashed onto the beach where runners enjoyed the breeze from the water cooling them down and the scenery which added to the beauty of the bay.

The car pulled into the car park and its two occupants sat for a while, taking in everything which greeted them. Their breaths taken away by the small towns inviting beauty; Yabbie Creek had some qualities about it, but none as wow as Summer Bay.

The youngest of the two occupants opened her door and took her first step out of the car. She leaned against the bonet of the car as she took in the smells and noise of the quiet costal town. She was soon joined by the driver of the car who sat beside the young girl and placed her arm around her, bringing her close and placing a kiss on her forehead

"Its beautiful isn't it?" Ruby spoke with amazement as she watched the surfers in the water "If this is where Charlotte lives, I don't think she could have chosen a more beautiful place"

"I don't think she could have done" Sally replied, smiling as she looked down to her daughter whose smile had now grown "Look, there's a diner over there, shall we go and grab some breakkie before we begin to look?"

Ruby looked up to her mother and then back to the water "Yea, I am a little hungry" Ruby smiled "But before we look-"

"Yes, we can go on the beach"

"I know I go to the school here, and I've seen the beach and the water and everything- but, I don't know, somehow it just seems ..-better" Ruby looked to her hands as she fiddled with them "Do you get what I mean?"

"Yes" Sally nodded "You're seeing this place in a different light because there is a chance Charlotte lives here" Sally smiled, althought her heart broke a little as she felt she was going to loose Ruby

"Mum" Ruby said as she and Sally stood from the bonet and made their way to the diner

"Mmm" Sally simply replied

"If Charlotte is here, things won't ever change between you and me and dad and me" Ruby took Sally's hands in hers "I promise you that"

Archived