As Long As I Have You

Guest callyha

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Lucii, Sarah, cb2180, Samantha28 and Carina for the comments :wub:

Chapter 16

Angelo turned the shower on and the warm water fell over him. Residual bubbles from Charlie's earlier shower remained in the bottom of the shower, but were cleaned away by the water that rolled down Angelo's legs. As he rubbed the shampoo into his short hair, Angelo thought of the day after tomorrow -the day of the fight- and wondered how much money he would make off Brax. Posters that had been put up around town had already drawn a crowd into the club to purchase tickets and to reserve a good spot to see every little detail of the fight.

Dollar signs popped in his eyes as he estimated how much he would earn, just from opening night. He'd be able to buy himself a fancier car, he'd be able to build the extention on to his house, he'd be able to add more to his club. He would be unstoppable; the diner was the the next place in Angelo's sights. For nearly ten years Leah and Irene had been able to keep Angelo at bay with buying them out, but now, -with the extra money flow about to come in- Leah and Irene stood no chance against Angelo.

An evil grin swept across his face as he let the water rinse his hair from the shampoo. He turned the shower off and proceeded to step out, grabbing a towel as he walked passed the heated bars. He then took a spot infront of the mirror and began to brush his teeth -a task quite hard to do when he smiled with such gleeful evil. He spat out the used toothpaste and swilled his mouth out before he left the bathroom and re-entered his bedroom.

Charlie was still sitting in the chair infront of the mirror. She was dress in a flowing top and some dark shorts as she began to brush her long, damp hair. Angelo stood back and watched Charlie as she gently brushed her hair; the action of been watched wasn't missed by Charlie, who -for some reason- hoped that Angelo was looking at her in a different way, not just a his 'prize'. She tried to hide the small smile on her face as Angelo walked closer to her, she bit her lip as he placed his hands on her shoulders and looked at Charlie through the mirror

"I've got to be the luckiest guy in the world" Angelo smiled "I'm rich, handsome, powerful and I happen to have the sexiest girl on the planet. I don't have to share her with anyone" Angelo kissed the top of Charlie's head before walking over to the bed and throwing himself on. Charlie slammed the brush down on the table and rose to her feet

"What's up?" Angelo asked as he sat up

"Is that all I am to you?" Charlie asked, hurt filling her heart "Just some object? a sex object?"

"You don't work, you live off me, you have nothing else to offer" Angelo replied as he pointed to each finger as he listed "so, yea, you are an object" Angelo replied "A very, very sexy object" he smiled, thinking his last comment was enough to keep Charlie happy

"Thanks Angelo, that's great to hear" Charlie sarcastically replied as she stormed out of the bedroom, slamming the door shut behind her. The stinging in her eyes became too much and all she wanted to do was fall to the ground in a heap, and sob until there was nothing left inside her. Fearing Angelo would relish in the satisfaction, Charlie ran toward the stairs, tears flowing from her eyes as she descended down the twenty or so stairs that kept her from the outside.

As the breeze lifted her hair from around her shoulders, more tears fell down Charlie's cheeks as she ran toward the bench over-looking the beach. Surfers still rode the waves with skill and art as Charlie watched on. The scenery is still beautiful Charlie thought to herself as she wiped away the wet on her face. Once more Charlie was left with the beauty of the bay, masked with the uglyness of her life in the bay. A vicious cycle which never seemed to end.

Charlie was taken away from her thoughts by the sound of car tyres screeching around a corner. She looked over her shoulder and saw a black car come along the road. She'd reconise it anywhere - Brax. A smile replaced the solom look on her face, sparkle replaced the teary glaze in her eyes and hope replaced the dread in her heart. She rose from the bench and made her way to where the car was pulling into.

Brax slammed on the brakes; his mood affected his driving and at this moment in time, he didn't really care that dust from the pebbled road rose from his tyres, he didn't care that he'd driven like a mad man to his destination. as he stepped out of the car, the first thing he saw was Charlie. Instantly he felt guilty for driving the way he had done, he felt guilty for carrying a knife in his car. As Charlie walked over to him with a smile on his face, the anger Brax had for Angelo evaporated into the air.

"Hey" Charlie smiled as she looked into Brax's eyes

"Hey yourself" Brax replied with a smile just as big as Charlie's "Wow, you look-" Brax began to say as he took a look at Charlie; the simple flowing top and the shorts showing her legs "-wow" Brax was unable to think of any words to describe what he saw. He frowned when he saw the look of upset creep up on Charlie's face "Ay, what's this for?" Brax asked as he gently placed his hand on her soft face

"I'm not just a looker am I?" Charlie asked as she looked to Brax with huge, watery eyes

"No" Brax replied "You're beautiful hearted, you care about you're friends, you looked passed me in the 'cleaner' role" Brax took Charlie's hand in his "There is a lot more to you than just your looks. I saw that the first night you ever spoke to me" Brax smiled

Charlie let a small laugh out as she held back a tear "Really?" she asked, her voice squeaking nearly from the cries in the back of her throat

"Really" Brax replied

They stood, gazing into each others eyes as the world passed them by. Neither one of them asking why they were stood outside Angelo's house. Motivation to move never niggled at them until they heard the garage door open from the house behind them. Brax let Charlie's hands fall from his as he rushed back to his car, he sat in the drivers seat and motioned for Charlie to get in the passenger seat. Smiling, Charlie bit her lip and ran to the passenger side, she felt like a teen, sneaking out of her parent's house to spend time with her first love. Barely seated, Brax drove of, causing a cloud of dust to form behind him, hiding the car as it drove away from Angelo's house.

~*~

Ruby and Sally bypassed walking straight to the diner and decided to walk along the soft, clean sand. Holding their shoes in their hands, letting them swing freely as they took a step foward. Neither talked to one another, something that began to happen more and more since Ruby was told about her adoption.

Sally knew Ruby's reaction was natural; She and Paul had been warned of moments like this and much more worse moments, when Ruby was first adopted. What was strange about the whole situation was -after years of always finding something to talk about- they had run out of things to talk about. Sally was sure that it was because Ruby didn't want it to seem she was pushing her adoptive family away.

"You're unusually quiet for you" Sally spoke softly as Ruby slowly turned her head to face her "What are you thinking?" Sally asked as she tucked a fly-away strand of hair from Ruby's face, behind her ear

"What if she has a husband? a son? another daughter? What if she has completely forgotten that she had a baby years ago?" Ruby cried as the realisation that Charlotte could have a happy life struck her "what if she doesn't want to know me?" Ruby looked up to sally, hoping she would have the answer

"If she didn't want to know you, she'd be a fool" Sally softly smiled as she wiped the tear from her distressed daughters face "and I don't think Charlotte would have, in thirteen years, been able to have two children and get married" Sally continued "Not after how she was when she had to give you up"

"You keep saying that, but what does it mean?" Ruby asked "Do you think if she was a little older she would have kept me? or if her dad wasn't with her?" Ruby tried to answer her own questions, but ended up making herself more confused and distressed about everything

"Listen" Sally stopped where she was and turned Ruby to face her "I don't know anymore about this than you do. If we find Charlotte, maybe you could ask her; but bare in mind it could be difficult for her to divulge into her past" Ruby nodded her head as one lone tear made a track down Ruby's cheek "How about we go to the diner that keep raving on about and just see what happens?"

"Yea" Ruby replied, unitentionally whispering as she nodded. Sally placed her arm around Ruby and the two headed in the direction of the diner

~*~

Charlie and Brax sat in his parked car. Music played quietly in the background as Brax ran his fingers up and down Charlie's soft arm. They sat quietly; the music was the only thing keeping them from a total silence. Charlie watched as Brax changed the motion on her arm; she loved the touch of his fingers on her -a simple touch melted her.

Charlie couldn't remember the last time she and Angelo spent time like this together; the last few days Charlie had learnt to stop comparing Brax and Angelo because in her eyes, there was no conest. Brax was a clear winner and the one person she knew she wanted to be with -the only problem being, Angelo.

Clearing her throat as she tried to think of a way of telling Brax how she felt about him fighting the day after tomrrow; but nothing popped into her head. Brax never took his eyes off Charlie as she cleared her throat, he never even asked her if she was about to say something -something Charlie was thankful of as she had nothing to say.

Feeling slightly warm from been in the car with no air flow, Charlie opened the door slightly and felt a cool breeze rise from her feet and up her legs. Relaxing into the chair, Charlie closed her eyes as a smile formed on her face.

"How about we go sit on the beach" Brax suggested as he saw how relaxed Charlie was in the seat beside him

"Okay" Charlie smiled as she sat up and proceeded to get out of the car.

Instantly as they crossed the road, their hands met and they never let go. A couple on a date or very much in love would be the thoughts of the people on the beach as

Charlie and Brax happily walked along the sand.

Brax looked forward and saw a young girl digging a hole with her brother. Their parents were sat close by, watching with smiling faces as they watched their children work together to dig a big hole in the sand. Brax then looked to Charlie, who seemes to shudder at the sight of the two youngsters having fun in the sand

"Don't you like kids?" Brax asked

"They're okay" Charlie replied, avoiding looking into Brax's eyes

"What do you mean? 'they're okay'. what reply is that?" Brax asked

"Just that" Charlie snapped "Not every woman has to like kids, they don't have to have them just because people think its what's supposed to happen" Charlie spoke with frustrated anger in her voice -something Brax had never heard before.

"I only asked Charlie" Brax held his hands up, showing that he didn't mean to cause Charlie to react in they way she had done

"I'm sorry okay?" Charlie spoke softer as she ran her hands through her hair "It complicated, just, too complicated" Charlie empahsied what she said by using her hands which shook in the air. Her eyes glazed with tears as she looked to Brax, who was now more concerned

"Okay, what's going on Charlie?" Brax asked "You're worrying me now"

Thank you Carina, CharlieanndBraxLover, Sarah, Samantha28, sop1303 and cb2180 for taking the time out to read and comment :wub:

Hope this one is okay.... :unsure:

Chapter 17

Charlie walked to the waters edge. Clutching her arms as she held them tightly to her chest; she gasped for air as though she was been soffocated, yet she knew she wasn't. Her reaction was purely based on someone finally taking an interest in her past and seeing a sign of some deep meaning in her life. The shock ran through her body, yet she felt happy enough because Brax was the one to notice.

Brax had let her walk forward in front of him; he never took his eyes off her as she seemed too sad to be left alone. A million and one questions ran through his mind; why would a woman who obviously has so much love to give, say that children are 'okay' and snap when been questioned?

Slowly, he walked toward Charlie. He placed his hand gently onto her shoulder and looked to the side of her face "Charlie" Brax spoke softly.

Charlie closed her eyes and smiled when she heard Brax's voice; it was soothing to her "I'm sorry" Charlie finally spoke as she turned to face Brax

"Hey, you have nothing to be sorry about" Brax said as he pushed a strand of Charlie's hair away from her face "I can tell you don't wanna tell me and I ain't gonna push you"

Charlie smiled gratefully to Brax "You're amazing, you know that?"

"So I've been told" Brax cheekily replied

"I mean it" Charlie replied after hitting Brax gently on the arm "This is going to sound corny, but, my life has meaning when I'm with you" Charlie tucked the strand of hair Brax pushed from her face behind her ear, a slight distraction from what she had said to Brax

"I was in a rut too" Brax confessed "We've saved each other in a way really" Brax squinted as the sun shone in his eyes "I saved you from the bottom of the wine bottle and you saved me from-"

"From yourself" Charlie finished. Brax nodded before the two fell into silence.

The chattering of people surrounding them broke the silence, and brought them back to reality; they were only a few hundred feet form Angelo's house, and at any moment, he could catch them together on the beach.

"Come on" Brax smiled as he offered his hand to Charlie, who looked deep into Brax's eyes before placing her hand in his.

~*~

Ruby and Sally sat down at the table after having their order taken by a woman working in the diner. Other than saying their orders, Ruby and Sally hadn't spoken since

they walked from the beach. Looking around the diner at the different things on the shelves, Sally took note of where her two daughters and son would often got to whilst on lunch at school.

"What are you looking at mum?" Ruby asked as she looked to Sally

Sally smiled as she heard Ruby call her 'mum'. She'd heard it for the last twelve or so years, but for some reason, hearing it now -after Ruby found out about her adoption- made it seem like the first time she had ever heard it "Nothing, I was just seeing where you, your brother and sister like to eat"

Content with the response, Ruby smiled before she looked back to Sally "Thank you mum"

"For what?" Sally asked

"For this. For not holding anything back from me and been here right now with me" Ruby replied "It can't have been the easiest thing in the world" Ruby looked to the table in an almost shame-like motion, something Sally didn't fail to miss

"Your dad and I always knew you'd find out; whether it had been from an accident you would have or by pure chance. We always knew and we'd prepared ourselves for that day, we promised each other that we would always be there to help you" Sally outstretched her arm across the table, meeting Ruby's on the middle "We're your parents, its what we do"

Ruby smiled as a happy tear rolled slowly down her face. Laughing slightly with slight embarrassment, she wiped the tear away and tucked her hair behind her ears "Do Dan and Issy know?" Ruby asked

Sally exhaled loudly as she sat back in her chair "Your dad and I felt that, as soon as you knew, they would be told" Sally looked away from Ruby's gaze "We didn't want there to be any sort of 'you're not my sister' goings on; it wasn't our fault, your fault or Dan and Issy's, we just wanted an easy life for the three of you"

"So they don't know" Ruby spoke as sally looked back to her

"No" Sally shook her head "I didn't know if you would want to tell them in your own way and in your own time"

Ruby nodded as she sucked her lip -a nervous habit she shared with one of her parents; the parents who were biologically related "If I find Charlotte, I'll tell them. If I don't, then nothing changes"

~*~

Brax sat on the bed, his shirt thrown on the back of a chair. He watched as Charlie stood near the window, looking out at the view from Brax's room at the motel. Her head rested against the cold pane of glass as she smiled through a teary interior

"Charlie?" Brax said once more, his other attempts snubbed as she was in her own little world

Charlie slowly spun around, a robe wrapped around her small body "Sorry" Charlie shook her head

"Don't be sorry, just stand there, like you are with that robe" Brax looked at Charlie, starting from her head and working his way down. There was not one bit about her body he disliked; everything he loved about her, and her loving nature was the one thing Brax could not ignore; no matter how hard he tried

"Brax" Charlie looked to the ground shyly "I don't know how to tell you this, so I'm just going to show you" Charlie looked back up to Brax

Taking a deep breath in, Charlie prepared herself for what she was about to do. She placed each hand on the edges of her robe and slowly opened it. She exhaled quickly as she let the silk robe slip off her body and fall to the ground in a messy heap. She stood, naked infront of Brax who looked to her and took everything in. He'd seen Charlie naked before; he'd slipped her tops off, he ripped her tops off. He'd seen every detail of her body; the way her figure was formed. But he could tell that this wasn't going to be just about sex, he saw the pain in Charlie's eyes, the discomfort in her face as she stood, exposed and vulnerable.

Charlie then brought her hands to stomach and ran them down to her pubic bone, she then traced over the white line with her finger "The reason I can't leave" A tear fell from Charlie's eye "I-" charlie held back more tears that formed in her eyes, she wanted to hid away, stop talking; it was hard to tell Brax, she couldn't get the words out, it was too difficult "I-, I had -I had a baby when I was younger" Charlie wiped the tears from her face "I couldn't have the baby" Charlie sniffed "Properly -I was, I was too small" Charlie swallowed, she never made eye contact with Brax, fearing his reaction "I was so young. So scared. I had a Caesarean section to take the baby out" Charlie sobbed "I wanted to keep the baby, I wanted to be its mum; but I couldn't-" Charlie broke down, she placed her head in her eyes and sobbed

Brax stood up from the bed. He walked over to Charlie, bent down and picked the robe up from the floor and wrapped it around Charlie before wrapping his arms around Charlie and letting her melt into him and cry. She cried into his shoulder; Brax felt the wet from her tears run down his arm and down his back; he didn't care. He ran his hands through Charlie's hair and rocked gently from side to side, hoping to sooth her "Shhhh" He whispered in to her ear as she tried to stop her cries "I'm not gonna go where" Brax added. He smiled slightly as he felt Charlie's hold on him tighten; she felt safe, and Brax knew it.

~*~

Liam walked up the last few steps and into Angelo's. He stood for a moment, watching as the room was once again set up for the hours that would follow. Brax hadn't been around for a day or two and Liam thought Angelo would get suspicious. Angelo however, never noticed the lack of a tattooed man in his bar; his eyes and mind were set on the impending fight and the money and crowds that would be drawn in.

Clearing his throat, Liam made his way to te bar where Lyle was preparing the fruits and making sure all stock was full. Liam pushed his hand out toward Lyle, ready to shake his hand. Lyle shook Liam's hand before carrying on with his job, he'd look over Liam's head to see where Angelo was; he was barely away from his office.

"Hows things here?" Liam asked as he sipped some of his beer

"Weird" Lyle replied as he cleaned a glass "Angelo has done more work in here today, than the rest of us have done in a year"

"That'll be the fight" Liam replied as he brought his glass to his mouth once more "I don't see the point of setting things up; its just gonna get trashed anyway"

"Least you don't have to work. You'll be with Bianca, walking on the beach or at your house. I'll be here" Lyle replied. His anger been taken out on the glass which was close to breaking point

"Ah, that's where you're wrong mate" Liam corrected "Angelo will have Charlie by his side; he always has to at a big thing like this. Charlie will need Bianca here as her sanity keeper and I'll have to be here when the crap hits the fan" Liam put his drink on the bar top "So, I will be here, and I do have to watch"

"Liam" Angelo voiced from the office. Liam looked up to Lyle, who just smiled at him

"Shut up" Liam said before walking toward the office "Yea mate" Liam shook Angelo's hand

"I need you to make sure Charlie is here . She needs to look great"

"Charlie always does look great" Laim replied

"Not all the time she doesn't" Angelo smirked "Look, I got a load of other business guys coming here to watch the fight. I need to show them that I have everything -because lets face it, I do have everything - but Charlie has to look the part. Take her out, buy her an expensive dress, just don't go overboard" Angelo handed Liam a wad of cash

Liam stood shocked as he looked to the money in his hand "Fine"

Archived