As Long As I Have You

Guest callyha

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Soooo sorry I missed so many updates! Great stuff though, Cally!

Chapter 11

Aww Irene was so sweet with Charlie. And it’s so nice that they have this Mother/Daughter bond. Aww Charlie and Brax….so sweet she doesn’t want him getting hurt and is sad he is too is now trapped in this. Stupid Angelo. :angry:

Chapter 12

OOhhh a plan from Sid eh…interesting! Yes, Liam, actually you can stop being friends with grrr (that’s Angelo by the way, because all he does is make me grrr! Ha) Although if we are getting a plan to help Charlie leave then yes, keep being friends with him so that that can happen….:unsure:……. 'hey, remember that big bulge coming from your stomach? yea, thats me' that made me LOL! Aww Brax :wub: I hope he can get himself and Charlie out and they can run of into the sunset and live happily ever after with their chax babies…..okay got a bit excited there :P…….but yeah, hopefully Brax and Charlie can find their way out safely!

Chapter 13

Loved that opening. Chax….aww they are so perfect together. Cally, get rid of grrr!! Lol. Oohh Ruby has found more info on her Mummy! Nice idea there from Casey too. Hehe. I hope she finds her soon! Although maybe with grrr it’s not going to be good…..:unsure:

Fab work Cally, update soon

Thank you soo much Samantha28, marie_the_bee, Danni, Sarah, Carina soph1303 and Angel90 for the constant comments, I apologise for the lateness of this chapter, and I will try to get the next update up as soon as I can. Thanks again :wub:

Chapter Fourteen

Miles sat beside Binaca on one of the sand dunes, he ran his hands through the sand as Bianca tried to find the right way of talking to him about Charlie and the situation she was in. She looked out to the water, hoping the calming nature of the waves breaking on the sand would help her choose her words wisely. Miles continued to wait; if there was one thing he had learnt from been with Leah it was patience. Charlie was one of his closest friends -he loved her enough to want to help in anyway that he could, whether it was an obvious sign or a simple sign. Bianca faught with her conflicting feelings; should she tell Miles something that is so private and sore to Charlie? or should she respect the situation and keep her friends past therself?

Bianca sighed as she turned to face Miles, his face looking back at her, waiting for an answer "I have no idea how or where to start" Bianca shook her head "Its so simple, but so complicated at the same time" Bianca placed her hand in the sand, bringing her fingers to her palm and then pushing them back out as she spoke to Miles

Miles wiped his hands down his trousers, ridding himself of the last few grains of sand that stuck to them "I know Charlie isn't happy with Angelo, she hasn't been for the longest time. Maybe even years, and that's too long to be with someone you don't really love anymore" Miles looked into Bianca's eyes and saw the pain she was in for not been able to help Charlie "And I can see that this is hurting you too. Maybe not as much as Charlie, but still"

"Love hasn't been in their relationship ever since Angelo told Charlie what he was going to do with the club" Bianca looked back to the water "It seems so simple -the solution I mean. She could just pack her bags, get in a taxi and leave Summer Bay" Bianca began "But, she can't" Bianca shook her head as she looked down at the small hole in the sand she had made with her finger "Her dad loved this place so she has that connection still with her dad, it was the last place he was before he died" Bianca looked back to Miles

"I know that" Miles replied "But, if that's the only thing that's keeping her here then, she needs to realise that, she doesn't have to be in the last town he stayed in to feel close to him -she can have that close feeling anywhere in the world" Miles shrugged his shoulders, he understood the reason why Charlie wanted to remain in the bay, afterall, he could have easily stayed in Thailand, which was his late wife's favourite place in the world so he could remain close to her

"That's not the complicated bit" Bianca laughed slighty, wishing that close feeling Charlie still had with her dad was the only thing keeping her in the bay "You have no idea how much I wish it was just that"

"Well then, what is?" Miles asked

Bianca sighed "Charlie told me this in total confidence, and she's like a sister to me so don't you open your mouth to anyone about this" Bianca pointed to Miles

Miles held his hands up, then placed his right hand over his chest, before tracing a cross mark over where his heart would be "I promise"

"When Charlie was a kid -well I say kid -she was fourteen, she had a baby" Bianca paused to so she could compose herself, Miles sat open-mouthed as he looked in disbelief to Bianca "Her mum had only died six months before Charlie found out she was pregnant and she was in no fit state to become a mother, she wanted to; the amount of times I've had to calm her down when its come around to her daughters birthday and mothers day, its unreal" Bianca shook her head "She had the baby, and then her and her dad went to the adoption place in Yabbie Creek"

"So, staying in the bay is Charlie's way of staying close to her baby?" Miles finished. Bianca looked to Miles and nodded her head, her eyes glazed with tears which soon fell from them. Miles moved closer to Bianca and placed his arms around her, pulling her close as she sobbed into his chest "What can Leah and I do to help?" Miles asked as she gently stroked her arm, hoping to calm her down

~*~

Brax sat on the sofa with his hands behind his head as he watched a boxing match on the TV. His mum had made her presence known earlier in the day, but hitting Brax and telling him to turn the TV down. And, even though it was for a telling off, Brax was glad in the fact that his mum had finally found a reason to leave her room, if only for a moment or two. His mind soon went from the thought of his mum to the reality of the impending fight he had coming up. He looked back to the TV and saw the bloody face of one of the boxers. Brax had always known how to fight; whether it was for a reason or just a bit of fun with Heath. But never had he been placed next to someone who was a boxer for a 'job'.

In the moments that followed, Charlie's words of warning to Brax filled his ears and his eyes glazed with tears. Brax had one chance to get Charlie away from Angelo, and one chance only. And he only had three days until his fight. Swallowing hard, Brax leaned forward and grabbed the remote from the table where his feet were. He switched the TV off and as the TV went into darkness, Brax stared at his reflection; looking like a lost boy stood on the side of the road, hoping to find his parents.

Brax rose to his feet and paced on the same patch of carpet. It wasn't until Heath came through the front door that Brax stopped pacing. Heath stormed into the front room and threw himself on the sofa, folded his arms and glared at his reflection on the black TV screen

"Happy?" Brax asked

"What the hell do you think?" Heath replied, looking to Brax with a side glance

"What happened?" Brax asked, glad of the distraction from his own mess

"Doesn't matter now really does it? He don't know a good deal when he sees one"

"Who don't?" Brax asked

"I got my hands on some more metal and took it to that bloke at the yard. He offers me three hundred for the lot" Heath replied

"That ain't bad" Brax pointed out

"It should have been at least five" Heath retorted

"So what did you do?" Brax asked

"I told him to stuff his money and drove into his car before leaving" Heath replied "He deserved it" he added, happy with his choice to damage the blokes car

Brax slapped Heath over the head "I told you to keep out of trouble"

"Oh yea, 'cos you're doing such a good job of that" Heath replied as he rubbed the side of his head

"What?" Brax asked, shaking his head having no idea what Heath was on about

"I saw the posters around town mate, so tell me again about keeping out of trouble, when you're burried in it" Heath snapped at Brax before walking away from the situation. Brax watched Heath storm out of the house, his mouth slightly open in disbelief.

Brax shook his head as he wandered around the house, searching for his car keys. He couldn't find them, so Brax kicked a chair over in temper before leaving the house, with one destination on his mind, and one person in his sights.

~*~

Miles walked back to his and Leah's house, stunned, broken and shocked with how Charlie's situation was messier than any first thought he had had. He unlocked the door and walked in, dropping his keys on the table before walking into the front room. Leah sat on the sofa, watching TV with a glass of wine in her hand

"Miles" Leah asked as Miles blanked her as he headed into the bedroom. Leah's face contorted and she followed Miles into the bedroom, she found him sat on the edge of the bed, staring into space "Miles? What's wrong?"

Miles breathed in heavily as he slowly turned to face Leah "Charlie" he spoke sadly "Angelo. Nothing is what it seems" Miles replied, his voice never changing tone

"what?" Leah asked, sitting on the bed beside Miles "What do you mean?"

"We all thought Charlie should just leave, pack her bags and never look back" Miles began

"Yea, she's not happy with Angelo so she could just easily go" Leah agreed

Miles shook his head "It's not that simple or easy" Miles replied "If it was, Charlie would have gone three years ago"

"So why is she still here? She seems to have good days and bad days now, I thought things were going alright"

"Brax is the only good thing in her life" Miles replied

"Brax?" Leah echoed with shock

"Yea. Bianca says Charlie's opening up to him in so many ways. And its made her happier, but then she has Angelo in her ear every so often and that puts her right back down to where she was before" Miles continued "But that's not what's keeping her here" Miles looked to his hands which fiddled with a loose thread on his shirt "Charlie had a baby when she was fourteen and the baby was adopted out in Yabbie Creek" Leah's mouth opened in shock "She's staying here because she feels close to her baby"

"How come Charlie has never said anything about this before?" Leah asked, feeling shame wash over her "How come she has never told me about this?" a tear rolled down her cheek

"I don't think charlie has wanted anyone to know" Miles replied as he wiped the tear form Leah's cheek "I don't think she would want Angelo finding out, can you imagine what he would say. What he'd do?"

"Actually yea I can" Leah replied, her face worrying for Charlie's safety if Angelo did ever find out "How can we help?" Leah asked as she looked Miles in the eye

~*~

Charlie sat on the edge of the bed with a sheet wrapped around her. Tears streamed down her face as she brought her knees up to her chest. Sobbing quietly to herself, she glanced over her shoulder at Angelo, who slept; his chest bare with one hand sprawled over Charlie's side of the bed whilst the other rose up and down as he breathed. Charlie turned back round to face the door. She brought her hands to her face and wiped away the tears. She hated having sex with Angelo; to feel his body on top of hers made her feel physically sick, his lips touching hers, his hands caressing her body; every little detail she loathed.

Charlie rose to her feet and headed toward the door, she never looked over to the bed; there was only one person she wanted there, and she knew he wasn't. Charlie walked down the hall and walked into the spare room where she spent most of her nights. The sheet she was wrapped in fell to the ground as Charlie grabbed a long t-shirt from the dresser and stood in front of the window. She hugged herself as she leant against the frame, looking out with her head pressed against the window. A droplet of water from a leaf near the window, trickled down the window, mirroring a tear that rolled down Charlie's face.

Standing back from the window, Charlie wiped her face and grabbed some shorts from the drawer before getting into bed. She wrapped herself tightly in the sheets, for both heat and security as she kept her eyes firmly on the window. Her eyes grew heavier and the square windows began to fade out of focus; Charlie felt her entire body relax and she soon drifted off to sleep.

Terribly sorry I've missed a few updates but they were all so beautifully written

I love how Miles and Leah both wanted to help

Poor Charlie :( I hope Brax get's her out of there

And Ruby couldnm't have chosen a worse time to find Charlie :( I hope they will all be alright

Urgh Angelo.

Update soon :)

Archived