Which characters have been un/successfully recast?

Guest matty

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to admit I didn't notice Rory had been recast because by the time he came back I'd forgotten what he looked like, so to me that wasn't a problem.

I'd forgotten what he looked like, but the problem for me was that I'd remembered that he was a cute little boy, and a few months later he was suddenly like a young teenager.

This never bothered me with Duncan, as the older actor could play the new "evil Duncan" and it fuelled a lot of storylines for the Stewarts and gave that household a whole new dynamic.

But with Rory, it added nothing to the storyline as far as I can remember.

I'm not even sure if Rory was meant to be older.The new Rory was about 11/12, he should have been in Year 6 but they put him up a year to high school when they found out he was bright.Not sure how old the first one was supposed to be but he didn't seem much younger than that.

Duncan was born on screen in 1989 but was suddenly starting high school in 1998, so yes, he was aged up four years.

No he went from being 10 to being 12 he started year 7 in 1999 I know because I was the same age.

Duncan turned 9 in 98 because my sister was born in 89 and she turned 9 in 98. I think he went away as an 8/9 year old and came back from hospital as a 12/13 year old.

He was 9 when he injured himself he disappeared for half the year and he came back two years older. He started at Summer Bay High at age 12 in 1999 he was SORASed by two years people don't start high school at 13 they start high school at 11 turning 12 towards the start of the year or 12 turning 13 at the end of the year.

Archived