Which characters have been un/successfully recast?

Guest matty

Is it possible to post some pictures of the actors on this thread, then it will jog my memory about who they were. I remember someone called Mitch but I can't imagine his face. In fact I can't imagine many of their faces :lol:

Ohh, a geek moment :excl: . I just looked up Mitch on Wikipedia, I didn't realise original Mitch went on to direct Home and Away.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it possible to post some pictures of the actors on this thread, then it will jog my memory about who they were. I remember someone called Mitch but I can't imagine his face. In fact I can't imagine many of their faces :lol:

Ohh, a geek moment :excl: . I just looked up Mitch on Wikipedia, I didn't realise original Mitch went on to direct Home and Away.

So did Sam Atwell aka Kane, Danny Raco aka Alex.

Recasts totally undermine a show's credibility for me. They also imply that a character's success has nothing to do with the actor who played them, which is a) usually untrue and b) vaguely insulting.

I will confess to a giggle at Brain Tumor Alf being the only one to notice Flynn's new head.

I liked the Natalie, Flynn and Pippa recasts but I don't like the Roo recast I also didnt like the Mitch recast. Another character who couldnt recast would be Kane same with Kirsty. Sam and Christie played them so well it wouldnt work if they were recast

I liked the Natalie, Flynn and Pippa recasts but I don't like the Roo recast I also didnt like the Mitch recast. Another character who couldnt recast would be Kane same with Kirsty. Sam and Christie played them so well it wouldnt work if they were recast

I love recasts but agree it depends, like I tend to agree with your opinion re Kane. I can't imagine how that might've worked. But I still maintain (sorry, I know I go on about this) Dan was a perfect candidate for a recast.

I'm generally not a fan of recasts because I tend to think the actor plays an enormous part in the we perceive the character. However recasts can and do work depending on the character.

In regards to the recast of Ailsa for those couple of months, I thought it was really unfortunate that the one time she needs to be recast, Ailsa is right slap bang in the middle of a huge storyline harking way back to the past. I would have loved to see Judy Nunn playing out that storyline and going back to her (Ailsa's) childhood home where she murdered her dad. So that was a shame, but obviously the recast was a must at that stage.

I agree with Ryan, Nat Nash #2 was definitely a good move. Sometimes recasts work too if the replacement actor has better or just as good onscreen chemistry. This was the case with Nat, Pippa, Flynn, Roo, Irene etc I dont think many recasts in Home and Away have been disastrous come to think of it, but that's probably because they dont over do it. There are certain (most) characters like Colleen, Alf, Sally, Maz, Fisher, Lance, Angel etc they just couldn't recast Imo

Great analysis alexx. Could you imagine Alf, Sally, Fisher, Bobby, Morag or Lance being recast? It simply wouldn't work. No doubt about it.

I never liked either #2 Mitch or #2 Ailsa. Not good at all.

The #1 Flynn was good as a counsellor, he wouldn't work as a doctor I think. Can't see him operating on people.

The #2 Flynn was good as a doctor, and as a counsellor.

Some can't be recast, like Alf, Sally etc.. It would never work.

Archived