Charlie/Darryl 'Brax'

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can see Brax really feels comfortable with Charlie and he is so sensitive with her. The way he touches her.

I know their is two sides to Brax.

But i cannot agree with what Red has said.

Dont think he gave her the present to get one up on her later...

I agree he needs to stop lying and come clean to her....

Edited by MARIA-MARAKI

I've just seen the episode here in the UK which opens with Charlie and Brax getting it on in a hotel room and ended with them getting it on in the restaurant.And I'm sorry but I found those scenes genuinely nauseating and thoroughly degrading for Charlie.It has to be the most unhealthy relationship I've ever seen on the show between two main characters.There have been plenty, perhaps too many, storylines of women in relationships with criminals/bad boys in the show, which have had their fans and their detractors and I've been in both groups, but in most cases the woman has at least gone into it with their eyes open and made peace with what their man has done.Knowing what Brax is and what he's done, it was very uncomfortable to see Charlie acting like that with him. It's like she's some giddy sixteen-year-old who's so excited about having sex that she doesn't care who she's having it with.And whatever the intention behind it, Brax giving her the necklace felt like a sleazebag giving his woman a worthless trinket to keep her sweet because he might have use of her in the future.I understand that there are fans who like them and they're entitled to their opinion but I really hope the writers don't share that opinion and try to portray the relationship as something positive.Because in my opinion, it's anything but.

Completely agree. I actually liked them as a couple to start with, but when it became clear he was a criminal and had ulterior motives for starting the relationship (even if he has developed feelings, it doesn't make up for his behaviour), I've found their scenes since then quite nauseating, even more so with the way they've had Charlie acting like some love-struck teen and become so unprofessional with her behaviour (won't spoil it, but Mon night was disgraceful on her part). My dislike for this couple grows with every episode since that one in which they had Charlie tell Watson the next step is Darryl Braxton and she asked if he was using her then only to have the birthday party the next episode where she was ready to reveal their dirty little secret; it's like a switch was flipped. He just keeps lying to her face and I have no doubt that if necessary, he will use her again if it's too his advantage - he's shown nothing to prove to me he can be trusted, not after the way he has manipulated her in the past and used her (the info on Mon night another example) and the way he keeps sacrificing his Boys demonstrates a remarkable lack of loyalty.

I know people like them, but to me, they are fast becoming a turn off. I just cannot stand the way they've had Charlie acting and even Ruby is coming off as more mature. I'm also sick of Charlie putting her POLICE uniform on after sex with him - that just seems so wrong and disrespectful.

Feelings or not, there is no trust, no respect and no honesty in this relationship, it's just sex and lies and that is an unhealthy relationship.

It's wrong for Heath, PeeWee etc to do certain things, but Brax has shown that the same rules don't apply to him so it still wouldn't surprise me if that wasn't a worthless trinket, but quite expensive.

It's time Charlie opened her eyes, not just the crack she shows every now and again, but fully and see him for what he is and do her job. I know he won't go to jail (he's too hot for that), but I think some punishment and accountability is required considering the seriousness of his crimes - he shouldn't just be allowed to get away with it and he needs to be made to earn his place back into society. If he is allowed to walk away smelling like roses (some lame excuse we're expected to buy or someone else takes the fall again), then IMHO, it's only because he's hot and looks hot with Charlie, which is totally shallow on the writers part.

Edited by b2sb09

It's time Charlie opened her eyes, not just the crack she shows every now and again, but fully and see him for what he is and do her job. I know he won't go to jail (he's too hot for that), but I think some punishment and accountability is required considering the seriousness of his crimes - he shouldn't just be allowed to get away with it and he needs to be made to earn his place back into society. If he is allowed to walk away smelling like roses (some lame excuse we're expected to buy or someone else takes the fall again), then IMHO, it's only because he's hot and looks hot with Charlie, which is totally shallow on the writers part.

This is exactly what I think! You basically just summed it up!

i guess we are all entitled to our own opinions, but I disagree that the necklace was a bad move. I think it showed her that he cares about her. These scenes of them together the past week have just reaffirmed to me that he really has strong feelings for her,... and today's episode showed me that he wants more from his life, and that is why he wants to be with her. He sees that she is the best he could have and is reaching out for that life instead of settling for the criminal one he was forced into. He will get out one day, maybe not right away, but he will.

OMG....:o

That was it?! That was the big "I'm sorry" scene?!?!?

What an absolute letdown! I thought it would be a massive thing that he would be saying sorry for...?!?!?

Argh, that is so frustrating...<_<

Ah well....at least we know now why it looked like Charlie wasn't wearing any clothes! :P

I kind of think 'let down' I was shocked that, that was the scene but in a way glad it wasnt a big thing in the end well not right now.

Im used to the home and away promos being WAY over hyped and in my opinion flase and misleading. How many times have they hyped up certain weeks or episodes and really it wasnt that exciting. Like the recent one involving xavier getting hurt.

They someone manage to manipulate little and not so important scenes in a promo to make it look like a big deal. It makes me laugh sometimes. I thought it was fan videos that were suppose to be fictional stories of what they want but sometimes I feel like thats what some of the promos are, its like they are not real and creating there own little fiction stories- which is confusing cos home and away is fiction anyway.

I know not all promos are like this but sometimes they are so misleading. Like the Im sorry scene

Ahhhh- rant over :P

But yeah the scene was maybe a let down but after some though Im glad, something esle bigger and much better can happen instead :D