2010 Logies

Guest MeganSaturday

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The word 'popular' that features in the award categories that h&a stars are nominted in sort of explains to me that it's more about favourites & less about acting. But it still pretty odd & surprising seeing Esther's name in that Gold Logie list. Although isn't there always one nominee that fills the 'hot, beautiful, stylish, random' space each year? Poor Esther got lumbered with that embarrassing situation this year I guess. Anyway...

"It's been a bloody long time coming!"

Indeed. Yay! Ray for Gold!! ^_^

Also really, really happy for Jess Tovey. I hope she wins, she deserves it. Also happy to see Todd there again and Luke Mitchell for New Male Talent too. Good luck to them all. :D

Ray all the way for Gold.Sorry but what the hell is with Esther being up there?

Luke Mitchell for best new male talent & Jess for most popular actress.Ray for most popular male actor.

Also Ashleigh Brewer for best female talent.Neighbours isn't that bad it deserves SOME recognition.I wanted Margot to win last year and James to at least be nominated this year.

I don't think we stand a chance against PTTR for show.

The Gold logie nominees are usually tv legends or popular personalities as Krystal said.I think it's common knowledge that it's the one that the industry care most about.The other catogories are seen as very little more then a popularity contest.Yes Charlie is popular but Gold is usually based more on the personal recognition then the character,which is why Esther doesn't really belong there.

That really didn't make sence but whatever,it did in my head lol.

Go Ray!

I really hope that Ray gets this, he deserves it for his dedication to his character and the show. He is recognized all over the world as Alf and is probably the number one character most associated with the show! I've actually just txt voted for him and I dont usually vote in these things, but I'd really like him to get it.

^^ Yes I agree completely with what you & others have said regarding the gold logies nominees and what they represent. And yes seeing Esther's name there is so wrong. But that said Esther isn't the first random (undeserving) person to be featured within the nominees. Isn't there always one that makes up the beauty, style quota? Like the last person I can think of is that actress from Neighbours. And usually it's pretty embarrassing to be the 'one' filling those shoes. Seeing as most people will go 'wtf' when they read her name there. A lot of the time that actor/actress is almost apologetic for being chosen for it. So you've actually got to feel a little sorry for her being voted in to that situation by fans, it's not as though she asked to be there, and now she has to sit through that almost backlash. I really think the Logie organisers need to quit adding these type of people to the list because it actually does sort of belittle the meaning/recognition associated with the award.

As long as she doesn't go on to win, it's all good though. As is Ray finally getting recognition. I really hope he goes on to win. :D

I agree basically with what everyone has said regarding the Ray nomination. It's About Time! And I totally want him to win. As others have pointed out, the Esther nomination is a bit random, considering the length of time she has been on the show and the fact that she isn't as 'well known' as the other nominees. Still, she has had some good/challenging storylines in the past year, I'm just not sure they deserve the gold. So yeah, Ray all the way!

Seeing the list of Gold and Silver nominees I think it's safe to say; Home and Away fans = Force to be Reckoned With! :P

I think Esther deserves the most popular actress award, but the Gold? I'd give it to Adam Hills, as well as Most Popular Presenter. For Most Popular Actor, I'd go with Todd or possibly Luke.

For the Outstanding Acting awards, the only ones I've seen are Roy Billing an Asher keddie on Underbelly: A Tale of Two Cities.

For Light Entertainment Awards, I'd give Outstanding to Thank God You're Here. (If the Chaser gets one, it'll be a consolation award for the ones they should have got in 2006 and 2007) and Popular to Spicks and Specks.

For most popular drama, Underbelly

For most popular new male talent, the only one I can recommend is Luke Mitchell. Female should got to Ashleigh Brewer. I still don't know why Kate Bell got nominated though, she had Blue Water High five years ago. Nor do I understand Anna Hutchison being nominated for the Graham Kennedy award, given that she was in Power Ranger: Jungle Fury.

I am really happy with all of those nominations :D The Gold Logie category is AWESOME! BOTH the people I wanted to vote for are in there - Paul McDermot and Shaun Micalef - and I get Esther Anderson to boot! Eee! :wub: I can't believe she was nominated. I had no idea she was so popular! :o You know, with people who aren't me :wub:

Archived