2010 Logies

Guest MeganSaturday

Packed to the Rafters star Hugh Sheridan tips Todd Lasance for Silver Logie

Herald Sun

April 12 2010

HUGH Sheridan has tipped Home and Away star Todd Lasance to recover from the scandal of his cocaine arrest and beat him to a Silver Logie.

Lasance was acquitted this year of cocaine possession after allegedly being caught with the drug in Sydney's Kings Cross while at a Christmas party thrown for the long-running soapie.

Despite the bad press he was surprisingly still voted into contention for Australian television's night of nights by industry peers.

Packed To The Rafters star Sheridan, who is up for this third gong this year following 2009 nominations for most popular new talent and most outstanding new talent, said Lasance would "easily" surpass the scandal.

"Todd will win for sure, I reckon," he said.

Even after the court ordeal?

"Popularity is popularity. He's a really talented guy."

In preparation for the ceremony, which will take place at Crown on May 2, Sheridan missed an opportunity to party with friends in Las Vegas during a production break in Rafters, instead seeking refuge in a health retreat.

The singer/actor/model has spent the past week detoxing at the Golden Door in the Gold Coast hinterland.

Besides Lasance, Sheridan's Logie competitors are all Channel 7 talent, including Home and Away's Luke Jacobz and Ray Meagher and his on-screen father Erik Thomson.

Source

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know if it is possible for those of us not in Australia to see the ceremony.

Is it streamed anywhere or is there a way to watch Nine outside of Aus?

Thanks

I really hope there is!

I would think so, that it's possible to stream from somewhere!

• 2 weeks later...

Ray is now favourite to win the Gold - it would be great if he could win Gold and Silver!! I reckon either him or Todd will win the Silver.

I think Most Popular Actress will go to Rebecca Gibney again - I dont think any of the H&A girls can match her popularity.

Last year it was mentioned a few times that more should have been done with Jess' hair style on the night. I personally liked the natural look, but it would have been nice to see a formal looking hairstyle, or maybe more curls. I wonder what she'll wear to the logies, I'm excited about seeing what everyone will wear.

I wonder if the nine network will claim Jess as an "Underbelly star" instead of "former home and away star"..that's if they interview her and if they did I expect the interview questions to be strictly to do with Underbelly....and of course the fashion side of the logies.

I really hope they interview some home and away stars, I don't think any popular home and away stars were interview last year, maybe only Kate Richie. But I guess that's due to the fact it's the nine network so its slightly bias.

Archived