2010 Logies

Guest MeganSaturday

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THIS year's Gold Logie nominees look set to raise eyebrows with a surprising list of stars in the mix for TVs top prize.

The eight nominees _to be officially announced this morning _ are expected to include Ray Meagher, Esther Anderson, Rebecca Gibney, Rove McManus, Shaun Micallef, Will Anderson and Adam Hills.

While Packed to the Rafters star Gibney, Spicks and Specks compere Hills and popular host McManus have been past contenders for the Gold; the rest of the field are newcomers to the nomination list.

Micallef would certainly be a worthy addition to this year's list after a stellar year on Channel 10 hosting ratings-winner Talkin Bout Your Generation.

While, ABC comedian Wil Anderson has slogged away on the small screen for years without mainstream recognition until their shock nominations this year.

It is 65-year-old Meagher's first nomination despite a career in TV that spans decades and past work in iconic shows such as Prisoner and Number 96.

Much like the Facebook campaign that got Neighbours veteran Ian Smith a Gold nomination last year, the social networking site has thrown its weight behind a Meagher campaign this year.

While Meagher's young co-star, Anderson, impressed fans and made headlines with an explosive lesbian love affair storyline.

TV Week will officially announce its full list of nominees at a function in Sydney this morning.

Despite starring in one of the year's most diabolical productions _Wicked Love: The Maria Korp Story _Gibney is still the favourite of the pack to pocket the Gold again this year.

The veteran actress continues to captivate audiences and critics with her portrayal of Julie Rafter on the family drama Packed to the Rafters.

---

I have to admit seeing Esther's name on there kinda makes me go wtf... but YAY for Ray! Finally. Good luck to them both anyway.

Very happy Ray is on there! He totally deserves it and I'm surprised it's taken him so long.

In terms of Esther... :unsure: Maybe it's best I don't say a word. I thought it would be a stretch to put her on the shortlist for Best Actress to be honest but to be nominated for Gold :huh: Don't understand that one at all...sorry Charlie fans. Don't mean to offend.

Thank you for posting :)

Archived