A Journey of Love

Guest charlie29

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the lovely comments :)

Chapter 15 - Good Times

It had been a week since Charlie had been released from hospital and she was starting to feel a bit claustrophobic. Angelo had been very sweet and had stuck to his word by looking after her, but Charlie was feeling too overwhelmed by it all. She felt bad, because she loved Angelo and she knew how lucky she was to have such a caring partner.

"Hey Charlie, how you feeling today?" Angelo walked into their bedroom with two cups of coffee.

"About the same as every other day" Charlie replied.

"Woah, what's the matter? Have I done something wrong?" Angelo looked worried.

"No, yes, well not really, it's more me. I guess I feel a little bit overprotected at the moment. Ever since I got home from the hospital, you haven't let me do anything for myself. At first it was nice, but I've had enough now. I'm sorry if I sound ungrateful, but I am so used to being in control, it just feels a bit strange to me" Charlie looked away from Angelo, dreading his reaction.

"Oh Charlie, why haven't you said anything before? I probably have been a bit too protective, but it's only because I love you and our baby so so much. From now on, you are back in control ok? Just promise me one thing, if you ever feel unwell, you'll let me know straight away?"

"Of course I will Angelo. Thank-you for being so understanding" Charlie leaned into Angelo and gave him a kiss.

"What are your plans today Miss soon to be Mrs Rosetta Buckton?"

"I think a nice walk along the beach and maybe a picnic with Rubes. I need to get out of the house"

"Sounds nice. I am going to ring the removal people today to confirm everything for tomorrow. I can't believe I'm leaving my batcholer pad!"

"Hey! You're a taken man now. Is all the packing sorted?"

"Pretty much, just a few last minute things. I can't wait for you to see the house Charlie, you're going to love it"

"I can't believe you haven't let me see it before moving in. Well I better get up and ready otherwise Ruby will be on the top line. You're working a late right?"

"Yeah, so I guess I'll see you when I get back tonight"

"I'll look forward to it. I hate getting into a cold bed on my own"

Angelo and Charlie had a lingering kiss and then went their separate ways.

The Next Day

"Ok Charlie, close your eyes" Angelo said as they walked up the drive to their new house. Angelo guided her up to the front door then stopped.

"Open your eyes"

Charlie opened her eyes and smiled. The house was lovely.

"You were right Angelo, it's perfect. I can't believe Ruby didn't come with us"

"She's coming later, don't worry. Now I have another surprise for you. Go into the house, up the stairs and the first room on your right. There is something waiting for you in there. I will be waiting in the garden for you. Don't be long"

Charlie was very confused by this, but intruiged at the same time. She walked up the stairs and into the room that Angelo had instructed her to. She walked into the room and gasped with surprise. There was a bed which was littered with rose petals. On the bed was a white wedding dress. Charlie saw a note on the dress.

Charlie, I love you so much and I can't wait to be your husband. I have all your friends and family downstairs waiting

for you. So will you do me the biggest honour and be my wife today?

Charlie read the note and started to cry. It was all so overwhelming. What would she decide to do?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the comments :) Sorry it's been soooo long again!

Chapter 16 - Vows?

Charlie stopped crying and then began to pace the floor. She wasn't sure why she was hesitating so much. Angelo loved her, and she loved him. What more could she want? She walked to the window and looked down onto the path they had just walked up. At that moment, Charlie couldn't have been happier. A new life ahead of them, and a baby on the way. It had been perfect. Now it felt like Angelo was rushing everything. As if she was going to suddenly walk away one day. Charlie sighed. She knew she had to make a decision and she had to make it fast.

Angelo had walked out into the garden and smiled at the sight of all his friends waiting for the bride to arrive. He walked over to his mum and brother who had travelled in especially to join in the festivities. They hadn't met Charlie yet, but had heard everything about her, and had met Ruby that morning.

"Hey bro, are you getting nervous yet?" Angelo's brother Michael asked.

"A little I guess. Charlie is taking a long time to get down here" Angelo tried to hide the fact that he was actually close to tears. It had been half an hour since he had directed Charlie upstairs, and he was worried that she had bolted. Just as he was about to find Ruby and send her upstairs to look for Charlie, he heard everyone sigh. He looked around and saw Charlie standing at the back door, dressed in the same clothes she had worn to the house. Angelo realised that Charlie didn't want to marry him, and slowly walked towards her.

"Charlie, I'm sorry, I should never have pushed you into this. We can wait, it's fine. Please say you are still going to be with me" Angelo whispered.

"It's fine Angelo, in fact it's more than fine, it's perfect. Apart from the fact that the dress doesn't fit!"

"What are you saying?"

"You need to ask me a very important question"

"Charlie Buckton. Will you do me the honour of being my wife?"

"Yes!" Angelo scooped Charlie up in his arms, and everyone cheered.

A few minutes later, and the ceremony had started.

"And now for the vows" The priest stated. Angelo turned to Charlie and placed the ring on her finger.

"This ring is a symbol of my love for you Charlie. Ever since we met, we have had a connection. I will do everything in my power to make sure that connection is never broken. I will make sure that you will always be looked after, and I will be the best father and step father I can to this baby and Ruby. I love you Charlie"

Charlie placed the ring on Angelo's finger.

"Angelo, when I walked into the bedroom upstairs, I didn't think I could go through with this. But then I sat there and thought of you, and I realised there is no one more perfect for me. You are an amazing man, and you care so much. With everything I have gone through lately, you have been so supportive, you are my rock. You may not pick out the right dress size and make me get married in jeans, but I love you" Everyone including Charlie and Angelo laughed at the last sentence.

"Charlie and Angelo have proclaimed their love for each other. And so now it gives me great pleasure to pronounce them man and wife" The priest stated.

Everyone stood up and cheered, and Charlie and Angelo kissed.

"You really had me worried there for a minute" Angelo whispered.

"It's tradition to keep the groom waiting. You have nothing to worry about Angelo, this is for life"

Archived