A Journey of Love

Guest charlie29

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the comments :)

Chapter Four - Crash

Angelo looked over at Charlie sleeping. He didn't want to wake her, she was exhausted after a restless night. Charlie had been home from the hospital for

two nights, and had been plagued by nightmares. Angelo remembered last night, when Charlie started to toss and turn, and began to hyperventilate as her

nightmare took hold. It had taken Angelo over twenty minutes to wake Charlie up, and then he had spent a couple of hours talking to her, to calm her

down again. It frightened Angelo to see Charlie so out of control. She was normally so composed about everything, but her kidnapping had really taken

its toll on her. Angelo sighed as he tried to wake Charlie. She rolled over eventually and opened her eyes.

"Hey babe, I'm so sorry to wake you, but we have got to leave in a couple of hours and I knew you would want to see Ruby before you left"

"Thanks for waking me, and thank-you for last night. I'm sorry you have to see me like that" Charlie looked sad.

"Charlie, I want to be there for you. I hate what is happening to you, but I think this week away will do us the world of good"

"I hope you're right. I just want the dreams to stop, I hate them, and they're making me so tired"

"I know darling, but you can sleep all the way to the resort today as I'm driving"

"I don't want to sleep anymore. I'm going to take a shower" Charlie climbed out of bed and Angelo watched her stumble towards the bathroom. He wished he

could take the dreams away, make everything better, but life wasn't that fair.

An hour later and Charlie was at Irene's house saying good-bye to Ruby.

"Make sure you behave, and please call me if you need me for anything" Charlie said.

"Charlie, I'm not twelve anymore!" Ruby sighed.

"I know Rubes, I'm sorry. I'm just not myself at the moment, I just worry about you"

"Are you still having bad dreams? Charlie, you should really see someone about them, you look exhausted" Ruby looked at Charlie, and could see how pale

and tired she was.

"Let's just see what happens this week first. You never know, a rest by the sea will probably do the trick. Ok, I better go otherwise Angelo will think

that I'm not coming"

"Ok, have a wonderful time. Call me when you get there. And I have a surprise for you when you get back"

"What's that?"

"Wait and see, but I think you'll like it" Ruby smiled and hugged Charlie, then watched her walk out of the house.

"Hey darl, did you tell Charlie about moving back home?" Irene asked Ruby.

"No, I'm going to surprise her when she comes back" Ruby smiled to herself. She was looking forward to living with Charlie again. A couple of months ago,

Ruby never thought she would ever want to be under the same roof as Charlie ever again, but now she couldn't wait.

"Are you all set to go?" Angelo asked Charlie as he loaded the suitcase into the boot of the car.

"I think so"

"Let's get on our way then, rest and relaxation are calling us" Angelo hugged Charlie.

Charlie started to doze off half way into the journey. Angelo kept looking at her, to make sure she was having a restful sleep. Everytime he looked at

her sleeping soundly, he felt relieved. Charlie desperately needed some quality sleep. But before too long, she started to thrash about.

"Charlie! Wake up darling" Angelo tried shouting, as he watched beads of sweat running down her face. He reached accross to try and shake her, but accidently

pulled the steering wheel in the same direction. As he looked back at the windscreen to correct the swerve, he saw a car coming towards them. There was

no time to stop, they were going to collide. Angelo had time to look at Charlie struggling to wake up, before there was a huge bang and everything went

black.

thanks for the comments :)

Chapter Five - Trust Me

Angelo opened his eyes and was surprised to realise that nothing hurt. He looked around him and wondered why he could not see the other car, it was a

direct hit after all. He looked beside him and saw Charlie staring ahead.

"Hey, Charlie, are you alright? Are you hurt?"

"No, I don't think so. What happened?"

"You were having a nightmare, it kept getting worse, I was worried about you. I tried to reach over to you, to try and wake you up, but I took the

steering wheel with me. There was another car, we must have hit it. I need to go and look"

"So it was my fault. Not only are these nightmares plaguing me, but they are causing other people to get hurt now" Charlie started to cry.

"Hey babe, it's not your fault. You are just so tired, you're not thinking straight. If it's anyone's fault, it's mine. I should have been concentrating

more. Look, stay here, and I'll go and check out the other car"

Angelo got out of the car and was greeted by an angry looking man.

"What the hell were you doing driving like a maniac? You could have killed us!"

"Look, I'm sorry. I'm a police officer, my girlfriend was having a panic attack and I was trying to calm her down. Did we hit you?"

"No, I managed to swerve, you hit the curb pretty hard. Think you've got a busted tyre there"

"I'm really sorry, I'm just worried about my girlfriend, she's been through a lot lately. It doesn't excuse what happened, but I am sorry"

"That's ok mate. Hope your girlfriend feels better soon. Good day"

"Thanks mate. Bye" Angelo breathed a sigh of relief as he watched the man walk back to his car and drive off. He set to work changing the tyre on

Charlie's car and then went to check on Charlie.

"Hey, are you feeling any better?" Angelo asked, noting how pale Charlie looked.

"I guess. I just wish I could sleep, then I think I would feel a lot better"

"Why don't you try one of these?" Angelo handed Charlie a pot of pills.

"What are they? Hope they're nothing dodgy!" Charlie joked.

"Rachel gave them to me. She was as worried as I was about you. They're sleeping pills. She said if things got desperate, to give them a go"

"I'm not sure Angelo. I don't like not being in control"

"Charlie, look at yourself. You haven't slept properly for days. You're exhausted, not eating, and you're going to end up in hospital again at this rate. I

have got a lot of nice things planned this week, you don't want to miss out believe me"

"Ok, I'll try one pill. But if they make me feel ill, I won't take them again. Deal?"

"Deal" Angelo leant over and kissed Charlie, then watched as she reluctantly swallowed a pill.

An hour later and Charlie had been asleep for thirty minutes, and it seemed like a relaxed sleep to Angelo. He pulled into the hotel and quietly left the

car to check in. Once all the bags were in, Angelo opened Charlie's door and carried her into the hotel and up to their room. He laid her down onto the bed

and laid next to her. Angelo felt Charlie snuggle in to him and he gently kissed the back of her neck before falling to sleep himself.

The Next Morning

Angelo got out of the shower and stretched. He couldn't believe that he and Charlie had slept for so long. Charlie was still asleep now, but had slept

without any nightmares. He was sure she was going to feel much better today. He walked back into the room and sat on the bed next to Charlie. He hated to

wake her, but he just couldn't resist kissing her. She looked so beautiful and peaceful lying there. As Angelo planted a kiss on her cheek, Charlie

stirred. Eventually she opened her eyes and looked up at Angelo.

"What time is it? Are we nearly there yet" Charlie was so groggy she thought she was still in the car.

"Take a look around you Charlie. We're at the hotel. In fact, we have been here all night, and you have had about 14 hours of straight sleep"

"Wow! And no nightmares. I must admit, I do feel better for it" Charlie grinned at Angelo. He too had noticed the colour back in her cheeks, and the

sparkle back in her eyes.

"Well breakfast should be arriving soon. I ordered room service"

"It just gets better. You know, I think you were right. This week is going to be great for us"

"Trust me, I'm always right" Angelo laughed as Charlie playfully punched him on the arm.

Angelo wrapped his arms around Charlie, and they kissed passionately. It really was going to be the week of a lifetime.

Archived