A Journey of Love

Guest charlie29

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the lovely comments, sorry been so slow at updating :)

Chapter Nine - More Shocks

Charlie stared at Angelo in disbelief. Angelo was smiling back at her, but his smile started to fade as Charlie seemed to be struggling with an answer.

"Charlie, I'm sorry. It's too soon, forget it" Angelo said, fumbling over his words.

It was Charlie's turn to smile.

"Angelo. You have been a great support to me over the last few months. Everything I have been through, you have been through it with me. You have been the most amazing boyfriend, and you will make the most amazing husband"

"Are you saying what I think you are saying?"

"Yes, Angelo. I would love to be your wife"

Angelo jumped up and pulled Charlie up with him. He picked her up and swung her round, then kissed her. Angelo then knelt down on one knee and pulled a box out of his pocket.

"Charlie Buckton, will you be my wife?"

"I most certainly will!" Angelo placed the ring on her finger and they kissed again. The rest of the evening was spent in the bedroom.

The next morning, Charlie woke up to breakfast in bed.

"I could get used to this!"

"When we have our own place, and we are alone together, you can have breakfast in bed every morning"

"Well technically. we won't be alone. Ruby?"

"Oh yes, I was forgetting Ruby"

"Angelo. That's not going to be a problem is it? I mean, me and Ruby are getting close again, and she will always come first in my life"

"Charlie, it's fine. The Bucktons come as a package. I hope one day that perhaps we could add to that package?"

"Have children of our own? I'm not sure I want that Angelo" Angelo noticed that Charlie got tense and looked frightened.

"Charlie, what's the matter, and don't say nothing. I know you too well to hide your feelings away. If we are going to be together, we need to be honest with each other"

"I'm sorry. Ever since I had Ruby, I vowed I would never have another child. The circumstances around Ruby, the rape, having my child taken away from me, it just made me a bit phobic against ever having anymore children. I love children, and I would love to say I could give you a son or daughter, but I don't know if I could"

"Oh Charlie, I had no idea that you thought like that. This is not a decision we have to make yet, and whatever decision we make, I will be behind you every step of the way"

"Could you just be any more perfect?" Charlie laughed.

"I don't want to come across as arrogant, so I won't answer that!" Angelo replied, before heading off to the shower. Charlie lay back against her pillow and sighed. All her life, she had always had bad relationships. She could not believe that she had found the perfect guy.

It was a busy day at the station. Charlie had never seen so much paperwork.

"When I accepted the promotion, I didn't realise the amount of extra paperwork I'd have to do!" Charlie complained to Angelo, who was now sharing her office.

"That's because you fainted when the job description was handed out!" Angelo laughed.

Charlie threw a scrunched up piece of paper at him. Angelo got up and marched over to Charlie's desk.

"Now that's no way to treat your colleague, Sergeant Buckton!" Angelo leaned down and planted a kiss on Charlie's cheek. Charlie soon responded and soon they found themselves sprawled on Charlie's desk, passionately kissing. Neither were aware that a fellow officer had entered the room.

"When you two have quite finished eating each others faces off, there is a domestic incident that requires back up" Watson shouted.

Charlie and Angelo sprung apart.

"We'll take this one, thanks Watson"

Georgina raised her eyebrows, then left the office.

"Come on Sergeant, lets see what your made of" Angelo stated.

It took ten minutes to get to the incident. Once on scene, they were briefed. A woman had been seen brandishing a gun at the window and threatening to shoot her husband.

"There is a child inside, and we need to get the situation resolved as soon as possible"

"What do you need us to do?" Charlie asked.

"Just to stay here as back up for the moment"

Just then the woman came running from the house. She began randomly shooting at the officers. Charlie and Angelo dived for cover. The woman was shot in the leg by another officer, but not before a bullet from her gun had hit a target. All you could hear was the voice over the radio "Officer down! Officer down!".

Great update!

So glad Charlie said yes and I hope she comes round to the idea of having kids with Angelo. A Changelo baby would be so cute! :wub:

Loved the stuff in the office :lol:

Dramatic ending. Left me thinking oh my gosh who has gotten shot! If it Charlie or Angelo I sure hope they will be okay!

Update soon :)

It's only a short one this time :) Thanks for the comments :)

Chapter 10 - A Love Lost

Charlie was asleep in the hospital bed. Rachel looked down at her with a worried expression on her face. She could tell Charlie was dreaming, but was undecided whether it was a nightmare or not. With a large sigh, she reluctantly left the room to allow Charlie to rest.

Charlie was dreaming. She could see herself back at the scene. The moment that the woman fired her gun. She saw herself fall to the floor, and looking around for Angelo. She remembered seeing him a few feet away from her, and at first breathing a sigh of relief that he was alright, but he wasn't. Charlie ran over to him and saw the pool of blood that surrounded him. She screamed for help, then began to shake Angelo, trying to get a response from him. There was nothing. She remembered Watson coming over to her, telling her that Angelo was strong, that he would pull through. But he hadn't. Charlie remembered Rachel telling her that there was nothing anybody could have done to save him. Then she remembered falling to the floor, her world torn apart.

Charlie started to thrash around in bed. All of the memories of the day coming to the surface. She forced her eyes open, and had to blink a few times to focus on where she was. Breathing rapidly, Charlie felt afraid and vulnerable. She was alone now. Angelo had been her rock, her strength. And now he was gone. Of course she had Ruby, her beloved daughter, but she had lost the love of her life.

Charlie staggered out of the bed and walked across the room to the door. She hesitated for a while, knowing what she was going to have to do. She only hoped that Rachel was still here. It was then that Charlie had no idea about how much time had passed. She was surprised that Ruby was not with her, in the circumstances. Perhaps it had not been long. Charlie found the courage to open the door and walked up the corridor. She was in luck. Standing in front of her was Rachel.

Rachel felt a prescence behind her. She turned around and saw Charlie barely able to stand. She took Charlie by the arm and led her over to a chair. Charlie was as white as a sheet, and could not stop shaking.

"Hey Charlie, how are you doing?"

"I want to see him Rachel. I want to see Angelo's body"

Archived