A Journey of Love

Guest charlie29

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the comments :)

Chapter 11 - It's Not Real

Rachel was taken aback by what Charlie had just said.

"Charlie, what did you say?" Rachel needed Charlie to repeat it, to make sure she wasn't going crazy.

"I want to see Angelo's body" Charlie stated, no emotion in her voice, tears slowly rolling down her cheek.

Rachel took Charlie by the arms and adjusted her position so she was facing her.

"Charlie, I need you to listen to me very carefully. Angelo is not dead. He was shot in the arm, but it was only a graze. He's having it stiched up now"

"There was so much blood, there was no way he could have survived. They said he was strong, but they were wrong" Charlie was mumbling to herself and Rachel realised that unless Charlie saw Angelo for herself, she would not believe he was alive and well.

"Ok Charlie, lets go and see Angelo" Rachel helped Charlie stand up, and after a couple of wobbles, Rachel managed to get Charlie to Angelo's room. Charlie stopped outside the door, and Rachel could see how distressed she was becoming. Rachel opened the door and guided Charlie in.

"Hey babe, I wondered where you had got to, I was worried about you" Angelo said to Charlie from across the room. When he focused on her face, he realised that something was wrong. He got off the bed and stood next to Charlie. Charlie looked up at Angelo. This must be some kind of dream. This isn't real. Charlie reached out a hand to touch Angelo's face. He felt warm. Charlie could feel herself swaying. He's alive! I can't believe he's alive. Angelo managed to reach out and catch Charlie as she crashed to the floor. He picked her up and placed her on the bed.

"What's the matter with her Rachel? This is the second time she's fainted today, and she fainted a little while ago at work too" Angelo stated, a concerned look on his face.

"I'm going to do some blood tests. I think it is probably due to the shock of what's happened. She thought you were dead Angelo, she asked me to see your body. I think she must have had a bad dream. When I told her you were alive, she wouldn't believe me. I had to bring her to see you, and that's probably the reason she fainted"

"I'm worried about her Rachel. I think she's still fragile about what happened with Hugo. I've never seen her so vulnerable"

"She'll be alright Angelo. We'll get some help for her. Right now I want you to finish having your arm sorted. I'll be back to see Charlie and take some bloods in a while"

A few hours later and Charlie opened her eyes. Memories of the day kept flashing through her mind, and Charlie was so confused about what had happened. She looked around and then felt something holding her hand. She looked up and saw Angelo sitting next to her bed. He was asleep. Angelo felt movement from the bed and opened his eyes.

"Hey baby, you've had me worried all day. How are you feeling?" Angelo said.

"This is real isn't it? It's not another dream?" Charlie was panicking. Angelo squeezed her hand.

"Hey, this is very real, I promise. Trust me Charlie, I'm not going anywhere"

They were interrupted by Rachel entering the room.

"Charlie, you're awake. How are you feeling?"

"A bit confused about everything, but otherwise alright, I think"

"Good. We ran some tests to see if there was any reason for you to keep fainting. I have just got the blood results back"

Angelo noticed Rachel was looking very serious, and he was worried. He put his arm around Charlie as if to protect her from the bad news that was coming.

Rachel began to talk "Charlie.................."

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments :)

Chapter 12 - News

Rachel began to talk "Charlie.................."

"What is it Rachel? Is there something wrong with me?"

"Charlie, your blood tests show that you are very anaemic, which would explain the fainting"

"Anaemic? I don't understand" Charlie frowned.

"Charlie, you are pregnant!"

Charlie took in the news, and whilst Angelo started to grin, he soon noticed that Charlie did not look happy.

"Um, thanks Rachel, that's great news. Could I just have five minutes alone with Charlie please?" Angelo said.

"Sure. I'll be back to talk to you later. And congratulations!" Rachel walked out of the room. Angelo gently pushed Charlie's chin up to face him.

"Charlie, are you alright? I know it's a shock, but we'll get through this. Tell me what you're feeling"

"I feel sick. I know I should feel happy, but it is a bit of a shock at the moment"

"I know, and I know that you are probably feeling scared. But you will be the best mother in the world, and I am going to be there with you every step of the way"

"I know you will. I'm sorry I feel this way Angelo, I know how excited you must be"

"Hey, give it a bit more time and you'll be as excited as me I promise. Just think, a mini Rosetta!"

"Too cute!" Charlie laughed. "What shall I tell Ruby?"

Tell me what?" Ruby's voice rang out.

"Oh Ruby, come and sit on the bed with me. We have got some news for you"

"Ok, but it had better be good. Angelo phoned me earlier and said you kept fainting"

"Yes, I fainted twice today. Rachel did some tests and she found out I was anaemic. I'm anaemic because I'm pregnant Ruby"

Ruby stared at her mother, slowly got off the bed and ran from the room.

"RUBY!" Charlie yelled, trying to get out of bed to run after her daughter.

"Charlie, lie down, you're not well enough to charge after her" Angelo gently pushed Charlie back down.

"She hates me Angelo. Just when things are back on track, I ruin everything" Charlie started to sob.

"Hey, babe. I'll go and talk to Ruby. She'll be fine, it's just a big shock to her. Stay here and rest, I'll find her and bring her back"

Charlie watched as Angelo ran after Ruby. She sat in bed crying. Just when everything was so right, it all got taken away again.

Archived