A Journey of Love

Guest charlie29

Thanks for all the comments :)

Chapter Six - Story of My Life

It was the last day of their vacation and Charlie and Angelo had had a wonderful time. Charlie had been taking a sleeping tablet every night which meant she

had not had any more nightmares, and was soon feeling back to her best. Every day was spent walking along the beach, soaking up the sun, and ended with

a meal with exquisite food and of course good wine.

"This break has been wonderful, I can't believe we have got to leave tomorrow" Charlie said to Angelo as they took a late night stroll along the beach after dinner.

"I know babe, it's been everything and more. I have really loved spending this time with you. I'm going to miss you when we get back"

"Hey, you'll still see me all the time. Besides, you might get sick of me after a while"

"Never. Charlie, I think I have found the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with"

"Has all that wine gone to your head?!" Charlie laughed.

"I was being serious actually" Angelo replied.

"Sorry. Well, if we're being serious, then I think you're right. I think we were made for each other"

"Now I know it's the wine talking!" Angelo joked, then yelped as Charlie slapped him before running off down the beach. Angelo chased after her and knocked

her down to the sand. They began to kiss.

"I think we should go back to the room" Angelo winked at Charlie. He stood up, and helped Charlie to her feet. They practically ran to the hotel and Angelo

made sure the 'do not disturb' notice was put on the door.

The next morning, after breakfast, Angelo was packing up the car. Charlie came out of the hotel having checked out, and got into the car. Angelo had noticed

that she had not been herself this morning. He closed the boot, and climbed into the drivers seat.

"Babe, are you alright this morning?"

"Yes, well not completely, but I'll be fine, don't worry"

"It's hard not to worry about you Charlie. What's the matter?"

"I guess I have just felt so relaxed here. with nothing to worry about, no work and nothing to get me stressed. I'm worried that once I get back to 'normality', the nightmares will come back, and you won't be with me to calm me down"

"Charlie, you haven't had a nightmare for a week. I don't think you will have anymore"

"That's because I've been taking the sleeping tablets every night. I can't keep taking them forever, especially not when I'm working. What if they are masking the nightmares? And there's your job to worry about"

"When we get back, we'll speak to Rachel, see what she thinks you should do about the tablets. And I have got good vibes about the job. Don't panic until we have something to panic about"

"You could be posted anywhere Angelo. I need you in my life, but I can't move away to be with you and leave Ruby behind. It's so unfair. Just when

everything is looking up, I get disappointed again. It's the story of my life"

"Please don't get upset Charlie. Everything will be ok. I won't leave you, not for anything. You have my word on that ok?"

"Ok"

After a few hours drive, Angelo pulled into Leah's house and parked up the car. Charlie had been very quiet during the journey, and Angelo knew that

she was still worrying.

"Come on, let's go inside. I need some coffee!"

Charlie got out of the car and followed Angelo into the house. She called out to Leah, but got no reply. As Charlie walked through into the lounge, Leah, VJ

and Ruby jumped out and shouted 'Surprise!'. Charlie jumped, and then laughed.

"What's this in aid of?" Charlie asked Ruby. Angelo came into the lounge and stood next to Ruby.

"Look behind you Charlz" Ruby said. Charlie turned around and there was a banner hanging on the wall which read 'Welcome Home Charlie and Ruby!"

"I don't understand" Charlie said, looking confused.

"It means I'm moving back in with you Charlz. In fact, I'm already moved in. I know it might be hard at times, and I still can't get round to calling

you mum just yet, but I want to live with you again"

"Rubes, you have just made me the happiest person in the world" Charlie replied, tears streaming down her face. She gave Ruby a big hug and smiled at

Angelo. She then noticed that Angelo had a large brown envelope in his hands.

"Is that your posting?" Charlie asked, fearfully.

"Yes. And I think you might cry some more when you read it" Angelo looked solemn.

Charlie took the letter and started to read. She looked up at Angelo and started to cry some more.

"Charlz, what is it? Is it bad news?" Ruby asked, concerned for her mum.

"Today is the best day of my life. Angelo has been posted to Yabbie Creek, and you are here with me Ruby. All I need now is a big bar of chocolate and

life is pretty much perfect"

"Well, I hate to leave, but since we have the early shift tomorrow, I better go and sort out my things" Angelo declared.

Charlie walked out to the car with Angelo.

"I'll miss you" Angelo said.

"Me too. My bed is going to feel very empty tonight"

Angelo kissed Charlie good-bye and she went back into the house to get ready for her first day back at work the next morning. After spending some time

with Ruby, it was time for bed. Charlie went into her bedroom, and stared at the packet of sleepng pills on her bedside table. She contemplated taking one,

as she was worried about the nightmares coming back. Eventually Charlie decided not to take one, and she climbed into bed. It was not long before she was

asleep.

Ruby had been asleep for a while, when she was woken up by a strange noise coming from Charlie's room. She got out of bed and stood outside Charlie's door.

"Charlie? Are you alright?" Ruby whispered, but didn't get a reply. She pushed the door open, and was shocked by what she saw.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

It has been so long since I updated, so busy!! It's only a short one, but will be longer next time. Thanks for all the lovely comments :)

Chapter Seven - I Need You

Ruby rushed over to Charlie, who was sitting up in bed hyperventilating.

"Charlz! What's the matter? Is it the nightmares again?"

Charlie wasn't able to speak but she nodded to signal yes. Ruby cuddled into her mum and watched as Charlie's breathing started to slow. Eventually Charlie was able to talk.

"I'm sorry Rubes. You shouldn't have to deal with this. Please can you call Angelo, I think I need him here"

"Of course I can Charlz. And don't worry about me, I'll always be here for you, like you are for me" Ruby planted a kiss on Charlie's forehead and went to phone Angelo.

Angelo rushed straight to Charlie, and was worried about how pale and tired she looked.

"Hey babe, I'm so sorry I wasn't here with you"

"I told you they would come back. It just proves something to me"

"What's that?"

"I want you to come and live here. I need to speak to Leah and Rubes about it, but I need you Angelo. I need you here with me"

Angelo smiled at Charlie and enveloped her in his arms.

"I would love to be your roomie!" Angelo joked, trying to lighten the mood.

"I suppose we should try and get some sleep then, since we have got work in three hours" Charlie groaned.

"Charlie, I don't think you should go in tomorrow. To be honest, you look dreadful. I want you to go and see Rachel tomorrow. I'll explain everything to work, they'll understand Charlie"

"I'll be fine, honestly. At least it's only an early shift, so I can go and see Rachel after work. Will you come with me?" Charlie looked up at Angelo with worried eyes.

"Of course I will. There's nothing to be ashamed of Charlie. You have been through a big ordeal, it's not going to be a bed of roses straight away"

"Cheesy line Angelo, but alright, if you say so"

Angelo kissed Charlie gently, and then cuddled down into the bed with her. After ten minutes, he was pleased to see that Charlie was sleeping soundly.

Yabbee Creek Police Station

"What do you think this big announcement is all about?" Charlie asked Angelo, as they gathered amongst all the other officers, waiting for their supervisor from the City.

"I have no idea, but looks like we won't have to wait long" Angelo gestured to the door. Charlie looked and saw the supervisor walking in.

"Good Morning everybody. You are probably wondered why you are all gathered here. I have two special announcements to make. Firstly, Constable Rosetta, please step forward. Your commitment and work ethic over the last few months has been outstanding. Here is a token of our appreciation"

"You're making me Leading Senior Constable!" Angelo smiled. It had been a long year for Angelo, but finally, he had made it.

"Congratulations. Now, Senior Constable Buckton. You have shown over the last few months what an excellent leader you are. Your work has also been outstanding, and it is my great pleasure to announce that you are to become Seargeant Buckton"

Charlie felt like she was floating. She could see the supervisor talking to her, but could not understand what he was saying to her. Suddenly she could feel herself falling and she was plunged into darkness.

First of all YEY an update! :P

Was worth waiting for. :D

I loved Ruby and Angelo rushing to help Charlie and I am pleased Charlie asked Angelo to move in with her! Hopefully Leah will say its fine.

Wow, Charlie gets to be sergeant! Thats awesome, hope Angelo doesnt get jealous there! :P

But the ending! :o

Whats wrong with Charlie now......oh dear.

Please update soon :)

Thanks for the comments :)

Chapter 8 - An Important Question

Charlie blinked open her eyes and was surprised to see herself on the floor with Angelo and the other officers looking down at her.

"Charlie, are you ok? You passed out!" Angelo said, helping her off the floor and into a chair.

"Yes, I'm fine. It must have been the shock of the promotion!"

"Well, I'm pleased that you are feeling ok Sargeant Buckton. I have to get back to the city now" The supervisor smiled at Charlie, and shook Angelo's hand then left the office.

"Are you sure you're ok Charlie?"

"Yes, stop worrying. I'm sure it was a combination of tiredness and shock. Shall we go and get some lunch?"

"Yes Boss!" Angelo laughed.

After lunch, Charlie and Angelo took a walk along the beach.

"What time are you going to see Rachel?" Angelo asked.

"I'm not. I really believe that with you living with me, that I'll be ok. I feel safe in your arms Angelo"

"Well, I won't force you to see Rachel, but if things don't improve, promise me you'll get help?"

"I promise. I think that we should take the afternoon off and spend it in bed" Charlie smiled at Angelo.

"Really? Well, seeing as you're the boss now, I guess I can't refuse"

"Can we go back to your place? I think Leah will be at home, and as much as I want to sleep, I would like to have a little bit of 'fun' first!"

"Lets go!" Angelo began to run along the beach, with Charlie not far behind.

A few hours later and Charlie started to stir. As she opened her eyes, she saw Angelo looking down at her.

"Hey sleepy head. I was wondering when you were going to wake up"

"Have you been watching me for long?" Yawned Charlie.

"I couldn't help it, you are so beautiful when you are asleep"

"Lets get dressed and go for dinner?"

"I was thinking that perhaps I could cook for you here?"

"That sounds nice. What have you got planned?" Charlie asked.

"Grilled prawns and salad?"

"That sounds amazing. I have the best boyfriend in the world"

After dinner, Angelo brought Charlie a glass of Champagne out to the balcony where they had eaten.

"Wow, what's this in aid of?" Charlie asked, taking a sip.

"Charlie, I love spending every moment of my life with you. I am so excited about moving in together and I just wanted to ask you one thing"

"What's that?" Charlie replied, a few tears beginning to form.

"Charlie, would you give me the honour of being my wife?"

Archived