A Journey of Love

Guest charlie29

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all your comments :)

Chapter 13 - It Will Be Alright

Rachel had seen Ruby and Angelo bolt from Charlie's room. She opened the door and found Charlie sobbing.

"Hey, Charlie. What's happened?" Rachel asked, concerned about Charlie.

"We told Ruby about the baby. Let's just say she didn't take it too well" Charlie managed in between sobs.

"Oh Charlie, I'm sorry. Ruby is a very stubborn young lady, and sometimes she acts before she thinks. This must have come as a bit of a shock to her, as it did to you. I'm sure she will be fine after a while. Try not to stress too much Charlie, I'm still not entirely happy with your condition"

"Talking of which, when can I go home?"

"Not today I'm afraid. We are going to start you on some folic acid, which should help with your iron levels. Once they start improving, and you are feeling stronger, I will let you home"

"But Ruby needs me. I can't help her if I'm stuck in here"

"Charlie, you are in no fit state to help anyone at the moment. You can barely stand without falling over. Let me help you get back on your feet, and then you can be strong for Ruby"

Charlie rested back against the pillow and closed her eyes. She had to admit she felt exhausted.

"How about I go and find Angelo and Ruby for you?" Rachel asked, desperate to try and bring some life to Charlie.

"Thanks Rachel" Charlie smiled weakly.

Rachel left Charlie's room and sighed. Being a doctor was tough, but it was even harder when the patient was a friend. She eventually came across Angelo and Ruby.

"Hey guys. Angelo, could I have a moment with Ruby please? I think Charlie could use some company"

"Sure. Think about what I said Ruby" Angelo said, before walked back to Charlie's room.

"I don't want to talk about it Rachel, so there's no point in trying" Ruby stated.

"Ruby, don't shoot me down before I have even started. I just wanted to ask you if you even noticed how unwell Charlie looks?"

"Of course I did, I'm not stupid"

"Without being rude, I have to disagree. Your mother has been through so much over the last few weeks, what with being attacked and kidnapped by Hugo. She saw Angelo get shot today, and she thought he had been killed. It nearly destroyed her, she could barely function until she realised he was ok. She is exhausted, and needs to rest, but can't because the most precious thing in her life has made her worry so much. Ruby, throughout everything she has been through, Charlie has only had one person in the forefront of her mind, and that is you. She loves you more than anything. She herself was shocked by the pregnancy, it is not something that was planned as far as I can tell. Please just go and talk to her, and tell her you love her. I have to be honest, I am worried about her health, and nothing is going to improve until she knows you are ok" Rachel smiled at Ruby, and left Ruby to contemplate what she had said.

Angelo was sitting on Charlie's bed stroking her head when the door opened and a sheepish Ruby walked in. Ruby noticed Charlie was asleep, and wondered whether she should leave, but she knew she had to do this now. Charlie stirred and blinked open her eyes. She saw Ruby smiling at her and sat up in bed, perhaps a bit too quickly as the colour drained from her face.

"Mum, are you ok?" Ruby said, rushing to Charlie's side.

"Yeah, I just sat up too quickly that's all" Charlie reassured her worried daughter.

"I'll let you two talk. Do you want me to grab you something to eat Charlie?" Angelo said.

"No thanks babe"

"Mum, I'm so sorry for being such a child earlier. It was a lot to take in, and I was being completely selfish. I still haven't got my head around it, but I want to be there for you, like you always are to me"

"Rubes, you will always be the most important person in my life. I know this must be really tough for you, but it's not going to change anything. You were my first born, the most special gift I could ever have been given, and I love you so much" Tears were streaming down Charlie's cheeks.

"Please don't cry mum. I love you so much"

"I love you too Rubes"

Rachel walked past the door and glanced in to see Ruby and Charlie hugging. She smiled to herself, and hoped that Charlie would now start to improve.

Later that night, Ruby had gone home and Angelo was saying goodnight to Charlie.

"I wish you could stay with me Angelo, I miss you"

"I would if I could, but I'll be back first thing in the morning. Try and get some sleep Charlie, I want you home with me"

"I'll try. Thanks for trying to talk to Ruby for me today, it means a lot that you care about her"

"No problem Charlie, we're going to be one big happy family" Angelo kissed Charlie and left the room. Charlie lay in her bed thinking about the days events for a while, when it hit her that she was going to have a baby. A new baby. A mini Rosetta. Charlie almost laughed out loud when she remembered Angelo saying that. It was then that Charlie realised that she was happy. Happy to have a beautiful daughter, happy to have a wonderful fiance, and happy to have a new baby on the way. Just happy.

Thanks for all the comments!! :) Only a small one this time, will be longer next time.

Chapter 14 - A New Place

It had been two days since Charlie had been admitted, and she was going stir crazy. She felt a lot better than she had in long time, and wanted to be at home with her family to start celebrating the beginnings of a new life.

"Good Morning Charlie, how are you feeling this morning?" Charlie looked up to see Rachel standing at the end of her bed.

"Oh, sorry Rachel, I must have been day dreaming. I didn't hear you come in. I am feeling a lot better now and I really want to go home" Charlie pleaded.

"Well, I am hoping that I will be able to send you home today. I want to check your bloods again, make sure they are improving, and then you can go this afternoon"

"Thanks Rachel. I'm sure Angelo and Rubes will be pleased"

"How are things with Ruby?"

"Much better thanks. Whatever you said to her did the trick. In fact she has been like a mother hen fussing over me!"

"She's a good kid Charlie. You must be proud"

"Extremely. Talking of whom" Charlie gestured behind Rachel watching Angelo and Ruby walking through the door.

"Hey babe, how are you feeling this morning?" Angelo said, planting a kiss on Charlie's forehead.

"A lot better thanks, should hopefully be released today!"

"That's great news mum, we can't wait to have you home" Ruby replied.

A few hours later and Charlie was relieved to be walking through the door at Angelo's house.

"Charlie, you heard what Rachel said, you have still got to take things easy for the next two weeks. That means no work, and I am going to look after everything"

"That sounds lovely, but how can you when you live here, and I live at Leah's?"

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about. We've been spending most of our time together anyway, and although I love staying with you, it's not quite the same with Leah and VJ living there. Yesterday I went to see a lovely house down by the beach and I put an offer in. It was accepted this morning. I think it would be a perfect home for us" Angelo handed Charlie pictures of the house.

"Oh Angelo, it's beautiful! What about Ruby?"

"Actually she helped me choose the house, and don't worry, she's already picked out her bedroom!"

"So when can we move in?"

"Whenever you are ready Charlie. I'm sorry I did it without you, but I want us to be together properly. You really had me scared the last couple of days, and I want to look after you, and our baby"

"Angelo, everytime I think about you, I get a warm feeling in my stomach. I love you so much, and I love our baby. Our lives together are going to be perfect"

Archived