A Journey of Love

Guest charlie29

So glad the baby is okay! and it's a little boy...awww :)

Hope that Charlie will be okay, though.

I loved that update, I was smiling the whole way through! Loved Charlie's 'larger than average' and 'at least I'll get presents' comments. :lol:

Please update soon :D

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in updating!! Thanks for all the comments :)

Chapter 19 - Back to Normal

It had been a long week for Angelo and Charlie, but today was the day that Charlie was going to be discharged. She had been for her repeat CT scan, and they were waiting for the doctors to being them the result.

"Are you nervous babe? You keep fidgeting!" Angelo asked, amused.

"A little I guess. I mean, I'm sure everything is going to be fine, the headaches have got better and I feel almost back to normal" Charlie replied. She did feel a lot better than she had a few days ago. After the attack, Charlie had started getting bad headaches and the bruising had started to come out. But now she felt fine, and wanted to get home with Angelo and Ruby. If there was anything good to come out of the attack, it was the fact that Charlie was now really excited about the baby. It was as if once you nearly lost something, you realised how much you loved it in the first place. In fact, Charlie had almost been annoying Angelo with the constant baby talk, but it was only because he had been so worried about his wife. They had been through so much trauma in the time they had been together. Surely things were going to start to get a lot better for them?

Angelo and Charlie didn't have to wait long for the results. Soon after the scan the doctor entered the room.

"Mr and Mrs Rosetta. I have looked at the scan pictures. and compared them to the last one. The swelling has decreased nicely, and there should be no further problems. That means you are free to go home"

"Thank-you so much Doctor" Angelo said, shaking the doctors hand.

"Are there any questions?"

"What shall I do about work?" Charlie asked.

"Well, since you are still having some mild headaches, I would suggest that you take a week off work to fully recuperate. If the headaches start getting worse, or you start to feel dizzy, then please contact your local hospital and seek medical advice"

"So we are free to go?" Charlie asked, desperate to get home.

"Most certainly. Thank-you for being such a good patient, and I wish you both all the best with the new baby"

"Thank-you" Angelo and Charlie replied in unison.

It took a couple of hours to drive back to Summer Bay, and Charlie felt quite sleepy by the time she got back. She was greeted by a very happy Ruby who threw her arms around her mother.

"It's so good to have you home mum, are you sure everything is ok?" Ruby asked, searching her mother's face for any signs that something might be wrong.

"Rubes, I told you on the phone, I'm fine. A little tired from the journey, but that's nothing a cup of tea and a nap won't solve. Perhaps you could run to the diner, and pick up some food for later while I have a sleep?" Charlie yawned.

"Sure mum. You coming Angelo?"

"No, I'm going to stay with Charlie, make sure she actually rests for once" Angelo glanced over at Charlie who rolled her eyes back at him.

Charlie walked into the bedroom and lay down on the bed. She was pleased when Angelo walked into the room and lay down next to her.

"It's so nice to be home" Charlie sighed.

"It's nice to have you home. I missed you so much every night when I had to sleep by myself. Please don't ever do that to me again"

"I didn't plan on getting attacked on holiday, believe me the hospitals the last place I wanted to be. They just hold bad memories for me" Charlie looked sad. Angelo wished he could say something to make it better, but nothing was going to take away what Hugo had done to Charlie, or the latest attack. All he could do was hold her in his arms and never let her go.

"I wish I could take your place honey. I wish it had been me who had been attacked. I never want to see you hurt ever again"

"I know, but your love and support is what has helped me get through the last week. I just wish I could say I never had to go into a hospital again!" Charlie stated, patting her stomach.

"Why don't we have a home birth?" Angelo said.

"Really?" Charlie asked.

"I'm sure if you talk to Rachel, she would be able to sort something for you. And it would solve the hospital problem. Just think, our special little bundle being born in our first house"

"That would be amazing. You are the best husband in the world"

"And you are the best wife"

By the time Ruby had got back with the food, Charlie and Angelo were curled up on the bed together, fast asleep. Ruby smiled to herself. It was nice to be a family again.

Archived