A Journey of Love

Guest charlie29

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aw, you're right, it was really sad. :( I'm glad Angelo was the one to tell her, but I hope she doesn't shut him out, the only thing she would say to him was that she wanted Joseph. Loved the wee father/son moment with Angelo/Joseph, lovely. I hope Charlie will get better soon. Great work.

Aww poor Charlie :( I liked that Angelo wanted to be the one to tell her, but it must have been awful for him :( I hope that Charlie doesnt shut her feelings away and that she will talk about this. Its important that they do. Liked the little moment with Angelo and Joseph.

Update soon :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the lovely comments :)

Chapter 22 - Recovering

It had been a week since Joseph's birth, and the dramatic events that had gone with it. Charlie sat in her hospital bed and looked over at the cot next to her bed. Joseph was lying inside, sleeping soundly. Charlie smiled as she watched him sleep. She was due to be discharged today and in one way was pleased to be going home, but was feeling nervous. Things had not been right between her and Angelo since he had told her about the hysterectomy. Part of Charlie blamed him, as he was the one to tell her, but deep down she knew it was not her fault. Once again, she had begun to bottle up her feelings. She wanted to scream and shout about how unfair it was that she would never be able to have any more children. How unfair it was that she felt pain every time she moved, and found it difficult to look after her new baby. How unfair it was that she hadn't been able to hold her baby for two whole days whilst she recovered. A lone tear escaped from her eye and started it's journey down her cheek. Charlie desperately wanted to let go and let all her emotions out, but then people would know she wasn't coping. Charlie jumped as the door opened and Angelo walked in.

"I didn't expect you until this afternoon" Charlie said.

"I know, but I needed to talk to you before you came home. Charlie, I'm scared for you, and for us. I know you too well for you to tell me that you are alright. I know you're not. Please talk to me. If you think that not being able to have any more children will affect our relationship, then you are wrong. I love you Charlie, and I love our children, Ruby and Joseph. I want to be a family again. Please let me in" Angelo put his hand on Charlie's shoulder.

Charlie listened to what Angelo was saying and she realised that she was not the only one affected. As she began to talk, more and more tears began to fall, until Charlie was inconsolable. Angelo hugged his wife tightly, and rocked her as she sobbed.

"IT'S NOT FAIR ANGELO!" Charlie screamed, in amongst her sobs.

"I know baby, but it's going to be alright. I can't tell you when, but it will"

As if on cue, Joseph began to stir and it was not long before Joseph's cries were louder than Charlie's. Charlie wiped her eyes and smiled at Angelo.

"I want to thank-you, for being the most wonderful, supportive man I could ever ask for. I know I need to talk about my feelings, and I didn't think I could. But then you come along, and make it feel alright again. Everything's not perfect, but it's pretty damn close, and I intend to keep it that way" Charlie kissed Angelo and then slowly moved to the cot to pick Joseph up. She sat on the bed and Angelo watched as she began to feed him.

A few hours later and Charlie was standing in the nursery. Joseph was settled in his moses basket, and Charlie was pleased to have him home. Charlie had been told to rest for at least the next two weeks and had been given pain killers to help ease the discomfort. She jumped slightly when she felt a prescence behind her, but was soothed when Angelo nuzzled into her neck.

"How are you doing? You are supposed to be resting remember" Angelo reminded Charlie.

"I know, I just want to soak up every moment of Joseph. I'm never going to have this again, and I want to make every moment count" Charlie looked sad.

"Hey, it's ok. I feel the same way, and we are going to work together to get through this, and enjoy our little family. Besides, Ruby is downstairs and she wants to see you"

"Ok. Sweet dreams my little man" Charlie gently kissd Joseph and left him to sleep. She went downstairs to find Ruby pacing the floor.

"Hey Rubes" Charlie said and held out her arms for a hug.

"Mum! I have missed you so much! I'm so happy you are home. How are you?" Ruby hugged her mother, then looked at Charlie with concerned eyes.

"I'm slowly recovering, but with my wonderful family, things will soon be a lot better" Charlie said honestly.

Angelo joined the two of them, and they sat on the patio having a coffee and catching up. It really was good to be all together again.

Archived