A Journey of Love

Guest charlie29

Aww I loved that update! :D

I loved the vows, soo sweet. :wub:

You may not pick out the right dress size and make me get married in jeans, but I love you

That made me laugh slightly :P

And silly Angelo not getting the right dress size, he should have got Ruby to help :P

Cant wait for more. Update soon :)

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments and sorry for the delay! :)

Chapter 17 - Holiday

Two days after the wedding, Angelo had surprised Charlie with a weeks holiday to a villa an hours drive from Summer Bay. They had spent the first couple of days mostly in bed, but were looking forward to venturing out to explore.

"Good morning my gorgeous wife" Angelo kissed Charlie on the nose as he gently woke her up. Charlie stirred and looked up at Angelo with one eye open and the other tightly shut.

"How can it possibly be morning already? I feel like I haven't slept in weeks. I blame the baby!" Charlie smiled.

"Well you are almost four months pregnant now. But I don't think it's fair to blame the baby, when all somebody wanted to do last night was naughty things!" Angelo replied.

"Lets go on a picnic today. There's a lovely little cove just a few minutes drive away. We could go to the supermarket first to pick up some food to take"

"Sounds like a lovely plan Mrs Rosetta. I still can't get used to calling you that!" Angelo said.

"Tell me about it! I have to pinch myself constantly to believe it's true" Charlie replied, placing a kiss on Angelo's forehead.

An hour later and Charlie was wandering around the supermarket trying to figure out what she fancied for lunch. Whilst staring at the fresh fruit, Charlie heard a commotion by the tills. She walked down the aisle and gasped as she saw two masked gunmen trying to steal money from the tills. Charlie thought about what she should do. As a police officer, she had a duty to try and protect the public in situations like this, but Charlie wasn't on duty and she had no weapons to defend herself. Charlie looked at the frightened face of the girl on the till, and she knew what she had to do. Charlie tried to make eye contact with Angelo, who was engrossed in the sports news in the paper, to no avail. Charlie knew she was on her own.

"Hey! I am a police officer. You need to put down your weapons now!" Charlie shouted at the gunmen. They turned to stare at Charlie, along with most of the customers in the store, including Angelo, who was now looking in shock at Charlie. There was no response from the gunmen.

"I repeat. I am a police officer, please place your weapons on the floor and put your hands above your heads" Charlie shouted again, this time feeling Angelo's presence beside her. The gunmen looked at each other and slowly began to lower their weapons. Charlie breathed a slow sigh of relief, hoping that she had done enough to frighten the gunmen out of doing something stupid. Just as Charlie began to relax, one of the men burst forward and launched himself at Charlie. He shoved her into a shelf unit, and she fell hard onto her stomach. The gunmen then sped out of the store. Angelo wanted to chase after them, but he rushed to be at Charlie's side.

Charlie could feel intense pain in her stomach and could feel something wet on her head. Angelo knelt down beside her, at the same time yelling at somebody to call for the police and an ambulance. He winced as he saw the two inch gash on Charlie's head, which was starting to bleed quite heavily. But he was more concerned about the way Charlie was holding her stomach.

"It's ok baby, help is on it's way. Just hold on for me" Angelo whispered to Charlie, who was looking increasingly pale.

"It hurts Angelo. What if I'm losing the baby?" Charlie said weakly, before closing her eyes as darkness overcame her.

"Charlie! Damn it, don't you leave me now Charlie!" Angelo shouted, trying to get a response from his wife. But there was nothing.

Thanks for all the lovely comments, glad you're all enjoying this :)

Chapter 18 - Aftermath

Angelo sat in the waiting room at the hospital desperately waiting for news on Charlie. He had spent the last thirty minutes pacing the corridor, begging each doctor or nurse he saw to tell him something. All he knew was that Charlie was unconscious. Of course that worried him, but not as much as the thought of losing their beloved baby. Angelo had called Ruby, who was now on her way to the hospital. She had been frantic on the phone, and Angelo had tried to calm her down, but that was a hard task seeing as he was hardly able to talk without crying. Finally after ten more minutes of waiting, Angelo saw a doctor approaching him.

"Mr Rosetta?" The doctor asked.

"Yes, how is she? Please tell me she's ok" Angelo leapt to his feet, words tumbling out of his mouth.

"Your wife suffered a moderate concussion, we will be taking her for a CT scan, as I understand she had a fractured skull a few months ago?"

Angelo nodded with sadness as he remembered the state Hugo had left Charlie in.

"What about the baby?" Angelo asked, almost not wanting to know the answer.

"There has been some trauma to Charlie's abdomen, we are waiting for an ultrasound scan now. Charlie is awake and asking for you"

Angelo sighed in relief at the news Charlie was awake. He followed the doctor into Charlie's room, and his heart wanted to break in two as he saw Charlie sobbing in the bed.

"Hey baby, hey, it's ok, it's going to be alright" Angelo hugged Charlie.

"It's all my fault. I should never have tackled those men. I'm going to lose this baby, and it's going to be all my fault" Charlie sobbed on Angelo's shoulder.

"Charlie, listen to me. None of this was your fault. You did what any other police officer would have done. You were so brave today, and I'm so proud of you. That baby inside of you is a fighter, and I just know that everything is going to fine" Angelo said with conviction.

"Sorry to interrupt, but we are ready to do the ultrasound now" the doctor stated. Charlie and Angelo looked at each other and tears began to stream down Charlie's cheeks. She laid down on the bed and held onto Angelo's hand, squeezing it hard.

"Ok, there is your baby, looks in good condition. And here is the sound you have been waiting for" Charlie grinned at Angelo as the sound of a heartbeat filled the room.

"So, the baby is ok?" Angelo said.

"Absolutely fine. You have got a little fighter there. Did you want to know the sex of the baby?"

"I always thought I would say no, but after everything we have been through today, I would like to know. What do you think Angelo?" Charlie asked.

"If you want to know Charlie, I want to know"

"Well, it looks to me like you are having a little boy. Congratulations!"

"Wow! A boy! That's fantastic!" Angelo shouted.

"I love you Angelo"

"I love you Charlie"

Soon after the ultrasound scan, Charlie had been taken to her CT scan. Once back in her room, Charlie began to get nervous about the results.

"Come on Charlie, they are just doing it as a precaution. Everything will be fine, I promise. And if you're lucky, they might even have found a brain in there somewhere!"

"That is not funny Angelo! In fact, I was told after the last scan that I had a larger than average brain"

"Oh really?" Angelo laughed, glad to see his wife relaxing a bit.

The doctor entered the room and sat down in the chair.

"We have viewed the results of the scan. There does appear to be a small amount of swelling around the brain. Our consultant neurologist has looked at the pictures, he thinks that with time this will go down, and there will be no after effects. He thinks it would be best to keep you in for the next week and then scan you again to make sure"

"If there is no treatment, then why do I have to stay in?" Charlie asked, looking frightened.

"If the swelling started to get worse for any reason, you would deteriorate very quickly, and you would possibly need to go to theatre as soon as possible. Whilst you are here, we can observe you and note any changes to your condition. I understand that this must be frightening for you but it is in your best interests that you stay in"

"But you are saying that Charlie should be ok, this is just a precaution right?" Angelo asked.

"Yes. Because of your previous history of head trauma, we are being very cautious. We are pretty certain that the swelling is stable and will go down, but it is best to be safe"

"Ok" Charlie mumbled.

The doctor smiled sympathetically and left the room. Angelo hugged Charlie tightly.

"We just have to get through this week and then we can get back to normal ok?"

"I just wish I didn't have to stay in for a whole week" Charlie replied.

"I know, I wish you didn't either. But you have got a little baby inside you that is depending on you to be healthy"

"You're right. And at least I'll get presents for being in hospital right?"

"Of course darling"

Charlie and Angelo kissed each other and sat on the bed together embraced in each others arms. Things were tough right now, but good times were mapped out in the future..........

Archived