Star Quits H&A.

Guest j.laur5

Jodi Gordon leaves Home and away.

Source

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/...x-1225824144684

TROUBLED soap star Jodi Gordon is quitting Home and Away.

With her life in the past three years often resembling a script from a TV drama, Gordon has decided to walk away from the soap on which she made her name playing Martha McKenzie.

She will film her final scenes for the long-running Channel Seven show at the end of next month.

Insiders say her decision to leave the series after five years has not come as a surprise, although producers and Seven executives are understood to have urged her to stick with the soap because of the popularity of her character.

Her decision to leave the family drama comes seven months after her life was tipped upside down when she went off the rails on a massive booze-fuelled bender and was reported to Sydney police as a missing person by her then boyfriend, Ryan Stokes.

Related Coverage

Jodi and Braith's sexy ocean romance

Daily Telegraph, 19 Dec 2009

Star break-up of the year

NEWS.com.au, 7 Dec 2009

Jodi Gordon

Herald Sun,

Jodi uses lingerie to find her way

Daily Telegraph, 15 Sep 2009

Readers' Comments: Gordon steps out of scandal - PerthNow

Perth Now,

Media heir Stokes, whose father Kerry owns Network Seven, split from Gordon not long after her bizarre, wild night which ended when she was found by police cowering in a Bellevue Hill apartment with alleged bikie Mark Judge in June last year.

She and Judge had called police to the premises after hallucinating a break-in by armed gunmen.

Gordon has never spoken about her big bender and has been reported as telling friends she can't remember her lost night.

The actor, who has sought help for her alcohol problems since her boozy blow out, has moved on from Stokes and is in a relationship with Sydney Roosters rugby league player Braith Anasta.

Anasta previously dated model Erin McNaught.

The stunning actor has had a challenging few years, with her first love, Chris Burkhardt, losing a battle with cancer in March 2007.

Gordon's contract with Home and Away came up for negotiation at the end of last year.

She had an option to continue with the show for two more years, but decided to move on from the soap bubble.

The actor was on the set of Home and Away on Wednesday and could not be contacted.

A Seven spokeswoman last night confirmed Gordon was leaving the show.

"Jodi has put in a tremendous five years on Home and Away," the spokeswoman said.

"It was a mutual decision for her to take this next step in her career.

"Jodi will always be part of the Seven family and has our love and support as she moves forward."

Gordon, who will celebrate her 25th birthday on Monday, is not believed to be moving immediately on to any new acting roles.

She has existing contracts with Tony Bianco shoes and Crystelle lingerie.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Insiders say her decision to leave the series after five years has not come as a surprise, although producers and Seven executives are understood to have urged her to stick with the soap because of the popularity of her character.

This is a joke right? Can't say I'm sorry to see her leave. I wonder what her exit storyline will be (I'm guessing it involves Hugo). Hopefully it's not a death which will just cause everyone to remember her best characteristics (whatever they are) while her flaws are ignored. I'd rather everyone just get disillusioned with her and she leaves the town in disgrace.

It was originally deleted as the subject is a spoiler, and the spoiler was written in the name of the topic and was visible on the forum homepage - at that time it had also been mentioned in the Spoiler forum, so figured discussion would be better off in there.

However I can see that people are still going to post it in here anyway....

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm kinda meh myself. This time last year I would have been delighted - but she hasn't been too bad lately

It was originally deleted as the subject is a spoiler, and the spoiler was written in the name of the topic and was visible on the forum homepage - at that time it had also been mentioned in the Spoiler forum, so figured discussion would be better off in there.

However I can see that people are still going to post it in here anyway....

I see that explains it. Sorry about that, didn't think it was a spoiler considering it was plastered on the front page of the Herald Sun site taking up half the page lol. I did look in the spoiler forum but couldn't see anything :( Bad eyes at 11.40pm hehe

Edit: Bad Spelling!

I've always liked Martha - it says a lot that even her relationship with Hugo (probably my most hated character of last year) didn't diminish her in my mind. But after five years, I can't blame Jodi for wanting to move on. It'd be good to see her in something else, so I hope she's not quitting acting altogether.

This is a joke right? Can't say I'm sorry to see her leave. I wonder what her exit storyline will be (I'm guessing it involves Hugo). Hopefully it's not a death which will just cause everyone to remember her best characteristics (whatever they are) while her flaws are ignored. I'd rather everyone just get disillusioned with her and she leaves the town in disgrace.

Populairty for tv shows and characters stretches further across the boundaries than that of just fansites. You can't really be naive enough to think that a character would stay on for 5 years if there was no substantial fanbase. By no means am I saying there are not plenty "haters"/naysayers but just because there are fans who don't post as constantly (especially on here where positive stuff seems to get drowned out by continuous negativity) as the rest doesn't mean they're not there.

----

And all I have to say is. :(

Archived