Star Quits H&A.

Guest j.laur5

To be honest, while I'll miss Jodi on the show, I hate that as soon as Martha loses one man

she goes into the arms of another. From jack to his friend [ash?] to jack to cam to jack to angelo/roman/hugo/liam and i've probably left out a few. There could be so much more TO her rather than just a layaround

Yeah Martha may have been in quite a few relationships in the 5 years shes been in the show but I don't think she ever properly cheated on somebody, and I don't like how people can slate her whilst make excuses for others, like a Belle fan wouldn't agree that she was a s**t after she cheated on 2 of her boyfriends with 2 guys whilst still in a relationship during a period of 2 years. I hate the hypocrisy of it all really. I know Martha was in quite a few dysfunctional relationships but she never mean to be in that situation. I believe she truly did love Ash but the way he treated her sent her into a downward spiral and ending up dancing and being with Cam. After Cam I think came Roman after quite a period of being single. Again she tried to make things work with Roman until he dumped her because he was jealous of her relationship with Jack. I believe that had Jack not died they would have gone the long haul but no she again was put through the mill !!

Her relationship with Hugo grew slowly and was nice to see but I wouldn't agree she intentionally goes from man to man. I don't know where you got Angelo out of..... he killed her husband , I doubt she'd go that far.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest, while I'll miss Jodi on the show, I hate that as soon as Martha loses one man

she goes into the arms of another. From jack to his friend [ash?] to jack to cam to jack to angelo/roman/hugo/liam and i've probably left out a few. There could be so much more TO her rather than just a layaround

Yeah Martha may have been in quite a few relationships in the 5 years shes been in the show but I don't think she ever properly cheated on somebody, and I don't like how people can slate her whilst make excuses for others, like a Belle fan wouldn't agree that she was a s**t after she cheated on 2 of her boyfriends with 2 guys whilst still in a relationship during a period of 2 years. I hate the hypocrisy of it all really. I know Martha was in quite a few dysfunctional relationships but she never mean to be in that situation. I believe she truly did love Ash but the way he treated her sent her into a downward spiral and ending up dancing and being with Cam. After Cam I think came Roman after quite a period of being single. Again she tried to make things work with Roman until he dumped her because he was jealous of her relationship with Jack. I believe that had Jack not died they would have gone the long haul but no she again was put through the mill !!

Her relationship with Hugo grew slowly and was nice to see but I wouldn't agree she intentionally goes from man to man. I don't know where you got Angelo out of..... he killed her husband , I doubt she'd go that far.

While I can't stand Martha and hate how she is apparently incapable of being single for 5 minutes, I think the slut stuff is a bit unfair. Really, that word gets tossed at every female character people don't like, regardless of what they're actually like. I remember in late 2008, everyone was calling Kirsty a skank, despite the fact that she was 21/22 and had only ever slept with one or two guys (Kane and maybe Miles. I'm not sure about the exact time they did it.). Absurd.

Em, well actually I do quite like Martha. And, Kevin, I don't believe layaround=youmustcheat. It just means you go with every available guy, which Martha has done quite a bit. Not sure where I got Angelo from either lol. I mean, she's sobbed at the funeral of her husband & her lover, yet sooner rather than later she's hooking up again. It's just ridiculously unrealistic in my eyes.

And yes, I'd agree, Kevin, that up to Aden, Belle was quiet a layaround too :) And, that cheating was entirely wrong, and not condonable, so I'm not sure where you get your stereotype that no Belle fans would agree with that.

Liking a character doesn't mean you have to love every last flaw about them...

I didn't condone what Belle did when she cheated... and I certainly dont think its ok... but everyone makes mistakes and everyone sleeps around... look at ruby, she jumped striaght from xaviers bed into Geoff's.... and nicole... straight from geoff to trey, to liam and now aden.... so no one on that show is doing the right thing, with the exception of Annie who still does have beliefs unlike Geoff which seem to have flown out the window.

and I agree that the slut thing is going a little too far!

For me Martha lost her appeal after her first run with Jack. Jodi had her moments and worked well with Paul but I never dug her chemistry with any of the other guys they put her with. I think Martha really ran the gamete as far as having so many different things happen to her over the course of her run on the show that I really think it's a good move at this point for Jodi and H&A to part ways.

Usually I'm not a big fan of the cast turnover but in this case I just think it's time that Martha moves on. I'm really not sure that even if Jodi and Seven had been able to work something out what they could have done with Martha at this point. I just hope they don't kill the character off, my one major complaint about H&A is in the past five years or so they've been killing off regulars left and right to the point where it loses it's overall effectiveness.

I too think it's unfair to call Martha a slut. She had her flaws, yes, and she rebounded pretty quick from Jack each time, but calling her a slut is unfair. I think her character developed into a grown-up, mature young woman and I also agree with a previous post that if Jack hadn't died, they would've been in it for the long haul.

Having said that, I think Jodi did a good job portraying Martha. I've always liked her as an actress as well as the character she played and I hope she does really well in the future. I do kinda' wish she'd left with Paul, then Jack wouldn't be dead. He was my absolute fave. :wub:

It will be very sad to see Jodi go, as she played one of my favourite characters in the show. :( Home and Away just won't be the same without her and considering a few of the other main characters in the show have already left or are set to leave, Home and Away doesn't seem what it used to be.

Archived