Art of Love

Guest adellejefferiesxox

Thankies. Choc-chip cookies and milk for all :P

It was the first morning Aden had spent at his home. Larry was already up, making toast and coffee. Aden walked in, looking exhausted and on edge. “Morning...”

“Yeah, mornin’ sleep alright?” Aden nodded, after that he made some Milo and buttered two pieces of bread with Nutella. It was silent between Larry and Aden, deciding to break the ice. Larry began to speak, “Hey Mate is everything okay you seem a bit tense....something bothering you?” He father questioned.

“Well yeah sort of....you know how I’ve been sick lately, I’m still sick, but dad I’ve been wondering what if it’s something else?”

“What do you mean” Larry chuckled finding it funny that his son was over reacting. In Larry’s eyes Aden was acting over dramatic.

“I haven’t actually been tested for Glandular Fever, I’m just assuming I have it....but what if it’s something else dad? What if it’s not Glandular Fever?”

“Son, you’ve always been a healthy boy. I doubt there’s anything else wrong with you. What makes you think that?”

“Sorry I don’t mean to be so melodramatic... “Larry chuckled again, “That’s alright my son. Get some rest you’ll need it. You still gonna go to the Christmas dance tonight”

“Sure why not....it’s raising money for a worthy cause isn’t it?”

“I just thought you’d want to go because of that girl, you’ve been crushing on”

“DAD!” Aden said irritated, he couldn’t believe his dad was talking to him about crushes. “What was her name again, that pretty one” Larry continued, unaware of Aden’s exasperation. “Her name is Belle”

“Belle, oh yes that’s right. Have you asked her out yet?” Larry pushed the conversation. “No dad, she’s my best friend”

“Ohhh....I see....” Aden looked at his dad crossly, “I’m going back to bed”

----------------------------------

It was mid day; Aden was fed up with being locked in the house all day. “Hey” Aden had made his way down to the diner. Belle was operating the coffee machine as usual. “What would you like?”

“A quarter strength decaf soy latté, please” Aden cheekily grinned. “Would you mind putting that in writing please” Belle joked. It certainly was a mouth full. “So....how are you feeling” Belle put the coffee into the coffee head, and then screwed it into place. Belle took out the soy milk, filling the jug. “Bit better”

“Do you think you’ll make Colleens Christmas dance tonight?” Belle asked Aden, she hoped he would be there, but she knew she couldn’t expect him to be there. “Now that’s a mouth full!” Aden joked. Belle lifted the jug, and placed it under the nozzle; she began to heat it up. “Ha-Ha, no seriously. Do you think you’ll make it?” Belle asked concernedly, like it was a compulsory event. “Yeah probably”

Belle looked disappointed; Aden instantly decided to take advantage of the situation, “Okay. I’ll come but only if I have the first dance with you”

But before Belle could reply, Brendan clapped his hands, and chanting loudly, “Belle loves Aden, Belle loves Aden”. Belle’s face had started to change colour, it was slightly visible, but nothing to noticeable. “Okay Brendan that’s enough” Gina tried to calm him down, but he was jumping for joy, laughing and chanting “Belle loves Aden, Belle loves Aden”

“Sure, you can have the first dance” Belle tried to distract Aden from looking at Brendan. “Awesome”

Belle quickly assembled the coffee for Aden, “Here. Enjoy”. Aden took his coffee, “Thanks, so I guess I’ll see you tonight”

“Ha...ha....Belle loves Aden” Gina “shh”ed him.

----------------------

Belle entered the room, filled with all sorts of decorations – balloons, streamers, fairy lights. Belle had worn a black dress, with a criss-cross pattern at the back of the dress. Belle looked around for familiar faces, the first faces she spotted were Colleen and Alf, unacceptable dance partners, and Belle scanned the room once more.

There he was standing alone. “Aden” Belle said to herself, smiling. Belle made eye contact with him, Aden acknowledged her with a nod, Belle walked across the room, “Hello stranger!” Belle and Aden hugged quickly. “Hello” Aden answered back swiftly. Aden looked at Belle’s dress, taking in her beauty. WHOA, he thought to himself. “What” Belle couldn’t help but notice his staring. “Nothing” He giggled. “You look.....sensational......that dress makes you look really pretty”

“So you’re saying, without the dress I don’t look pretty” Belle baited Aden. “Oh no, that’s not what I meant” Aden panicked. “Calm down Aden, I know what you meant and thanks. You don’t look too bad yourself”

“So are you ready to have the first dance of the night, with this exceptionally good looking fella” Aden pointed to himself. “I guess so” Belle sighed, placing her hands around his neck. They danced in silence, staring into each other’s eyes, occasionally laughing as they realised they both weren’t saying anything.

“So where’s Jack” Aden asked, he didn’t really care but he didn’t want Belle to think he didn’t care. But using “Jack” instead of “Jacob” didn’t really help the situation and Aden knew it. “It’s JACOB!” Belle snarled at him, but then within seconds everything was alright between them. Sick of thinking of Jacob with his hands on Belle, Aden changed the subject to something that held importance, “So want do you want for Christmas” Aden raised his predicament, even though they had known each other for a few years, girls were always difficult to buy for. “I don’t know, get me anything. I’ll love it either way” Belle smiled, but this wasn’t the answer he was searching for.

He desperately needed ideas; this was the first Christmas he was really struggling to buy a gift for her. Aden wanted it to be perfect as the meaning of the gift had served more importance than previous years. Belle thought to herself, Aden analysed every expression of her face. “Come on Belle. I need to know” Aden and Belle continued to dance slowly together. “I told you! I will love whatever you buy me” Belle growled. Aden sighed with much frustration, “You’re impossible”

“And you love it” Belle grinned at me. Aden then looked at her in a serious way, “Belle, please” Aden whispered gently, he didn’t want to push the issue but the curiosity got the better of him.

“Do you really want to know?” Belle teased him. “Yes” Aden pushed. “Okay” Belle sighed, giving up. She leaned closer and whispered in his ear, “All I want for Christmas is you”

Aden pulled back a little, just enough for he could see her face. “What”

At first Belle was serious, she had meant it. Belle wanted Aden. But then she couldn’t go through with it, there was no way she was ready to lay her friendship on the line. Belle smiled and then giggled, “I know that sounds corny, but all I really want is to have my best friend....with me on Christmas day”

Aden looked a little disappointed but then he too wanted to hide his feelings, so he smiled back at her. “You know, you haven’t told me what you want for Christmas” Belle teased and laughed. “Oh....” Aden was smiling then he sighed, “Sweetheart, all I want for Christmas......isss......you!” Aden answered back cheekily. “You’re an idiot”

“And yet, we are still friends” Aden said arrogantly. “Not for long” Belle slapped him on the shoulder. “Hey.....don’t hit me, we’re supposed to be dancing here, there’s no need for violence, woman!”

Belle whinged, “Fiiine...!” “Why are you leading me?” Aden moaned, deliberately wanting to aggravate her. “Because I can! You suck at being the leader, which is why I take the lead and not you”

“Picky” Aden mocked.

“Mind if I cut in”, a voice spoke, Belle laughed in response. “Of course not” Belle answered back. “Sorry, I’m late” Aden and Jacob eyed each other for several seconds, exchanging glances of enviously and antagonism. “You don’t mind if I dance with Jacob now, Aden...” Belle asked Aden, wanting his blessing before she became Jacob’s dance partner. “Do what you want” Aden said morosely, he pushed pass Jacob, walking away. “Aden” Belle called to him, but he had walked quickly, almost reaching the door. “Let him go. He’s probably tired anyway”

“Tired of me?” Belle asked. “Maybe.....” Belle looked a bit sad. “But I could never get tired of you” Jacob lifted her chin up. Belle and Jacob stared into each other’s eyes, “I really like you Belle...”

Belle had heard it all before, “I mean I really, really like and I was thinking because its Christmas maybe we could ....” Jacob looked at Belle’s lips, before she could react, his lips touched hers.

Comments equal love :wub:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liked the chat between Aden and Larry and the way he was capable of teasing him, they did seem like a real father and son.Wondering if there really is something wrong with Aden other than glandular fever.The chat between Aden and Belle at the dance was sweet.Brendan's little cameo was great. Shame neither of them was willing to put themselves on the line.Unlike Jake...

• 2 weeks later...

Note: I am no expert. But I have made Aden non contagious in this chapter, any salvia passed on will not infect anyone. How did Nicole get glandular fever? Well she has been with a lot of guys so who knows?? :D

Sorry, it's so short.

It was certainly unexpected but how could she deny him after she had clearly given him the impression that she was interested in him. It would be their first kiss. Belle didn’t push him off, but instead brushed her hands through his hair, whilst clinging onto his neck. “Attention....Attention” Colleen who was a bit tipsy was on a mini stage, in front of the microphone. “Now, some of you may know that there was a kissing booth organised for tonight... we have had some young studs who have kindly volunteered. Some have gotten in early and purchased tickets, but there are still some remaining tickets, and if there are any fella’s out there who would like to volunteer for the position is most welcome” Colleen giggled. “Ha-Ha, I’m sure Geoff will make loads of money. Just look how nervous he is” Jacob laughed.

Romeo, Jai, Xavier accompanied him. They all stuck with each other, in a circle, anxiously waiting for their moments of glory. “Girls, only 30 minutes left to buy your tickets!!” Colleen screeched. “Okay we get the point” Jacob sighed; upset that Colleen’s rambling had interrupted our kiss. “Are you thirsty?” Belle nodded. Feeling fed up and complexly jealous over Jacob, Aden did the unimaginable. He decided to sign himself for Colleen’s charity kissing booth.

At that moment as Belle waited for Jacob to return with her drink, Geoff showed up. Oh great Belle thought to herself, she didn’t want to have to dance with Geoff. The amount of dancing she had done would have been enough to last a half of her lifetime. But instead of an invitation to dance, Geoff looked like he required a support system. “Geoff, is everything alright...you’re shaking” Geoff was breathing heavily, he covered his mouth with his hands, afterward brushed his mouth with his sweaty hands. “Oh right” Belle giggled, “You volunteered to kiss complete strangers” Belle ridiculed him, loving every second of it. “You know Geoff you did have a choice, you didn’t have to sign up” Belle mocked him even harder. “Oh Belle, come of it. I did it for charity”

“Well technically you haven’t done it....” Geoff got madder; “Shut it” Belle continued to giggle herself silly, Geoff walked away. “Only five minutes left to buy tickets!!!!” A tipsy Colleen screeched. “Geez, how long does it take to get a freakin’ cup of punch” Belle moaned, looking around to see where Jacob was, she spotted him – talking to Rachel. Luckily Belle wasn’t that thirsty.

“Four minutes!!” Colleen counted down. Alright we get it, Belle said to herself getting aggravated. Oh well, I guess I should buy a ticket. It is for charity. Geoff is pretty nervous, if I was on his list maybe he’d calm down a bit more. Belle headed over to the booth. Belle looked up at the profiles of the male’s who were part taking in the event. Oh. my. god! Belle’s mouth opened literally, Aden!!! “Hello, dear would you like to buy a ticket?” A lady directed her question at Belle. “Umm....ohh no, I’m fine. I was just looking”

“Are you sure? They don’t find out who they will kiss until you are standing right in front of them. There’s no need to give us your name. It’s totally confidential and these guys are opened to everyone”

Belle thought about what the lady was saying, she knew she couldn’t confront Aden tonight, as Jacob was present, not only that but Belle was still hesitant about making a move as she didn’t want to ruin her friendship. “So what will it be love?”

“I would but I only planned on buying a ticket to kiss ....” Belle stopped then lowered her voice as she looked around to see who was watching – thankfully no one was. “Aden Jefferies” Belle said as quietly as she could without sounding suspicious. “Okay, Aden Jefferies let’s see...yes there are only two tickets left”

“Both please” Belle said as fast as she could, not because she was nervous, but because she wanted those tickets to be hers, come to think of it, she should have purchased them all – if only she had known Aden was involved. But two was sufficient enough. Belle was grateful to have the tickets in her hands. “Thank you.....bye” Belle moved away quickly, looking out for a sign of Aden or Jacob.

“ALRIGHT, LET THE KISSING BEGIN!!” Colleen clapped her hands together. The boys took their places. Girls rushed over to line up, as predicted Aden had the longest line, followed by Romeo. “What’s he doing up there?” Jacob came behind Belle, giving her a fright. “Oh hey, you’re back. Yeah, he decided to give it a go” Belle let out a fake laugh, although she wasn’t laughing inside, inside the jealously began to eat at her. By now, the boys were kissing girls. “I need some fresh air” Belle rushed out of the room, Jacob couldn’t reply back but just followed her.

“Babe......” Jacob held Belle’s hips. “I’m tired; I’m just going to go home”

“Well in that case, I’ll walk you home” Jacob offered like a gentleman would. “No” Belle said promptly. Jacob looked confused, “I’ll be fine. I’ll see you tomorrow.” Belle kissed him, in an attempt to ease his puzzlement.

“This can’t be right....all the tickets were sold out. But there seems to be no more girls remaining” A voice echoed in the distance. “Maybe they chicken out” Aden laughed, he had a massive grin on his face. After being kissed by dozens of beautiful girls, Aden was feeling bigheaded.

It was the next morning, Belle had gotten up early, and she made a journey to Southbank, alone. Southbank was filled with a variety of swimming areas for kids and many modern restaurants. But apart from the natural and the obvious water themed attractions, Belle loved visiting the lolly shop. As she walked alone, towards her target, an unexpected person stood in front of her in the distance. After last night she didn’t want to have to face him. “Belle” Aden mouthed in the distance. “Hi...” Belle said innocently. “I didn’t expect to see you here” Aden laughed. “I’m going in there” Belle pointed to the lolly

shop. “Ahhh.....lollies.....yum.....do you mind if I tag along?” Belle smiled and nodded. “You’re such a pig, do you really need that much. You’re gonna need a trolley soon”

“Good idea” Aden smirked, holding a cluster of lollies, which required two hands. “You’re unbelievable. Just get a couple of things, not the whole shop”. Belle growled, rolling her eyes. “Fine...” Aden returned most of the lollies to their rightful place. “What are you going to get miss-I-know-how-to-keep-a-balanced-diet?”

“Love-hearts, they are yummy” Belle reached for two packets. “Ooo two packets now who’s being greedy” Aden teased Belle. “Two is not being greedy” Belle snapped angrily. “You’re really snappy today you know that”

“Sorry”. Aden and Belle sat down together. “Yummy, yummy, I got lolly in my tummy and it tastes so yummy” Aden sang like a child. “Grow up”

“Make me” He stuffed several lollies in his mouth, while Belle gently peeled the paper off her lolly rapper.

“What does it say?” Aden looked over at the love-heart. “Call me”

Aden just shook his head and continued to eat his lollies. “Would you like one?” Belle offered politely. “Sure”

“What does it say?” She handed it over to him forgetting to read it first. “Irresistible”

“Remind next time to check the heart before I give it to some idiot who might actually believe what the love-heart says”

“Okay...but Belle the lolly never lies” Aden pointed out, knowing it would trigger some sort of reaction of out Belle. “Email me, cute, huggable, superstar, delicious” Belle read them out one by one. “May I have one more?”

“Just one” Belle gave it to him. “And it says.....true love”

“That’s so cheesy” Belle said out loud, emphasising the word “cheesy”. “Oh and look what mine says...you + me”

“So take mine and yours, put it all together and you get” Aden said as if it was maths.

“True love?” Belle said, as the gap between male and female reached a peek.

“No.....you get, you plus me equals true love”

Time off from work just got time to read some fics.

Some beautifully written scenes in that lot. Loved the water scene between your two "obsessions" a few updates back. Trust you to give Nicole some nasty disease :P

Archived