Art of Love

Guest adellejefferiesxox

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder what's wrong with Charlie. I'm starting to get worried about her...

And Aden, he's so clueless; it's obvious that Belle was jealous. Hope he doesn't get sick, and hope he and Belle manage to admit their feelings sometime soon.

Can't wait for the next chapter !

Thankies for the replies! :PThey truly make a difference!

Key: Belle (grey), Aden (dark blue), Angelo (Orange), Charlie (pink)

What an idiot, he’s simply an idiot. I can’t believe he did that with Nicole, of all people. Now he has no place to go. Serves him right! I don’t care where he stays; I can’t stand to look at that jerk. I thought Aden was different, I thought he wasn’t just another sex crazed boy, but I guess I was wrong... maybe Jacob is different....or perhaps not...

“Belle” I hear my name being called. I’m lying on my bed wishing not to be disturbed. As soon as I heard his voice, I knew it was him. I’m still lying on my bed, thinking mostly about Aden, but whether I should bring him in here.... was I ready to let him in here....”The door is open Jacob” It takes a little while before he opens the door. “Hey” I smile at him not bothering to get up. “Hey” He stands at the door. “You don’t want to come in?” I ask bluntly. “Ahhh.....are you okay with me coming in your room” He smiles and slightly laughs. “Sure why not....just....no funny business okay” I wink at him. He sits way down at the end of the bed, how sweet of him. “You look upset.....and tired.....maybe you’re just tired.....maybe I should leave”

“DON’T......go” I say, luckily he doesn’t get up before I finish my sentence. “Alright, I’ll stay” He flashes a massive smile at me, it literally blows me away. What a smile, he seems pleased that he’s able to stay with me. What am I doing.....I have feelings for my best friend.....yet I am dating this guy.....I’m his girlfriend, not Aden’s.....Aden and Nicole......just the image of them being together in my head is enough.....is it fair to do this to Jacob.....would I rather be with Jacob.....or Aden....but I can’t he’s my.best.friend.....

“Sorry to interrupt your day dreaming, I know that I’m obviously the centre focus of your dream....but could you try and focus please.....I am in the room still” Jacob jokes. “Oh sorry” I didn’t realise I had been thinking that long, meanwhile the lack of communication led to Jacob feeling awkward. “No but seriously, I can tell something is troubling you. You know I’m a great listener!”

“Thanks....but I don’t feel like talking right now....” Why is Jacob so perfect? Why can’t I get that idiot out of my head? Aden, arghhhh......stop playing on my mind, like a record player. JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!

I close my eyes and the next thing I know I’ve entered the dreaming.... you know that feeling when you’re a sleep and you dream, and you tell yourself that this is a dream and you know for certain you’re dreaming but you can’t wake up, but you still go with the dream even though it’s possible to wake up at any moment as you’re not fully unconscious. “So cold...” I see Aden on the beach, shivering, he’s wrapped in a sleeping bag. “ADEN” I call out to him, yet for some reason he can’t hear or see me even though I am close enough to him that it’s possible to hear

me. “H.....o......w......c.....o....u...l.....d......s...h...e......l....e......a...

.v...e.....m....e......h....e....r..e......” Aden shivers. “Aden, I’m so sorry. You’re freezing, come with me. You can stay with me, I’m sorry....” I’m standing in front of him, yet he still doesn’t realise I’m standing there. It’s almost as if I’m see through, he looking at area of my stomach. But he’s eyes aren’t registering to his brain I am here. “Aden..” I repeat over and over again until I wake. It’s 4pm.....Jacob was here at 2pm. I’m covering with a blanket, which can only mean I fell asleep in his presence..damn....oh well.

We’re here....truth be told we should have been here days ago. But being the sucker I am, I fell for Charlie’s charm and put off going to the doctors. “I’m fine...I’m fine....I’m fine!!” Charlie would tell me over and over again, I would ask her during her fits of coughing. “Charlie....Angelo....please come in....” Rachel calls to us. I get up in a flash; Charlie on the other hand is somewhat hesitant. “Come on babe, we agreed it’s time....you need professional help.....”

Charlie and I sit down together. Charlie is very anxious; she is squeezing my hand tightly. “Okay we’re just going to draw some blood....take some swabs....and run some general tests....”

“Okay...” Charlie grumbles. Rachel knows Charlie isn’t too keen on the appointment or the tests.

“Alright Charlie....can you sit here please” Charlie sits on a bed type thing, it’s like a hospital bed only without the wheels and it’s attached to the wall, side on. “Alright....this might be cold...” Charlie lifts up her t-shirt as she sees that Rachel wants to listen to her heart beat. “Breathe in.......” Charlie holds it for a few seconds, “And breathe out......” Charlie sighs, “And once more.....breathe in....” Rachel’s voice is very soft.

“And out.....very good....” Rachel goes back to her desk and jots down some notes. “Okay now I need you to say “aghhhh” Rachel places a paddle-pop stick inside her mouth and looks down her throat. “Nice and wide” Charlie wides her mouth, as she does this she wides her eyes and gives me a funny look, as if to say “You’re so dead”.

Rachel then measures Charlie’s blood pressure, “Oww” Charlie says, you can see the wrap around her arm inflating and cutting off the circulation, which of course is the general idea. Rachel squeezes a little ball shaped object, pumping air into the wrap around her arm. “Okay....a healthy blood pressure......good....good”

“Okay.....now time for a urine sample, then off to the pathologist...”

“I’m going to kill you” Charlie whispers in my ear as she heads out of the room and makes her way to the bathroom.

“All the tests have been taken, we’ll bring you back in a couple of days”

“Rach....do you have any brief idea what I might have....” Charlie finally speaks to Rachel. “It’s possible that you may have the whooping cough....but I wanted to run some tests just in case.....so we know for sure...”

“So in the meantime what should we do?” I ask. “Bed rest...try and stay indoors away from people as the first two weeks after the cough begins you are highly contagious....Angelo, have you had a booster?”

“Me....yes...”

“Charlie have you been immunised?” Rachel asks and Charlie shakes her head. “I see, well I’ll see you in a couple of days”

We’re back....great..... “Okay, we have analysed the results, extensively and have come to the conclusion that you in fact have the whooping cough”

She can’t be serious, what am I a kid? Only children get the whooping cough, this is insane. “You’re looking at me like this isn’t possible...well sadly it is.....anyone is able to contract the illness. Management is essential, there are antibiotics used to treat it, but like I said plenty of bed rest, keep your fluids up and Angelo....make sure she eats” Oh great, direct the instructions at Angelo. “I will” Angelo agrees. “If your fits of coughing after accompanied by vomiting after, or if you start to change colour, red or blue...or if you simply aren’t getting better after you’ve been given treatment you need to come back to me ASAP, understand?”

“Yes, of course” Angelo speaks on my behalf. “Charlie...okay, take care of yourself. You’ll get better”

“When....how long...”

“A few weeks....four weeks...it just depends on how well you take care of yourself....follow my advice and I promise you’ll be fine”

I smile and nod. “Okay...if you say so”

“I’ve written you a prescription....here.....” Rachel hands me it, these medications all have weird names, names I can’t even say. But I know they won’t be pleasant to take. “Thanks....”

“Belle....” I hear my name being whispered. What now? I recognise the voice, it’s Aden. The question is...am I dreaming again?

“Belle, I’m out here..” Aden whispers again. “Where” Okay now I know I’m not dreaming, I sit up and look after my room which is pitch black. Would Aden be in my room already and if so how did he get in? “I’m outside....” Outside? He’s outside..well okay....I look over to the window at first I see nothing and begin to believe I am dreaming again. “Hey...” He smiles. The window is half open, Aden has his head stuck inside. “What do you think you’re doing....go away...” I whisper angrily back to him, I want to shout but I know if I do Irene will hear me. “Belle....look.....I wanted to apologise”

“What for...” I say stubbornly and look away from him. “For....being a jerk....for letting you down....I’ve just showed you what a complete idiot I am..if you didn’t want to be my friend again I’ll understand.” I was nearly in tears, I am such a sook. Geez, I don’t want to be his friend can’t he see that??? I scream in my head. “I....it’s okay....I’m still mad at you....but it’s okay...” I tell him. “Thanks....it’s really cold out here you know....15 degrees”

“I know” Great, now I feel guilty. But I really don’t want him here. I’m still upset with him. “So I’m asking myself, why you’d want you’re window open on a freezing night like this, do you want to get sick??”

I giggle, poor Aden. He is freezing and he’s sick. I’m so heartless. “Yeah....guess I’m pretty insane then....Aden....”

“Yeah..” He says in a whisper. “Come inside”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes” Aden pushes the window up slowly and quietly. “Shhh” I tell him. Aden bursts out laughing, “shut up they’ll hear you , you idiot!” But he’s laughing is contagious, I cover my mouth as I laugh uncontrollably. “Shhhh....Shhh” I cough quietly, my face is burning. It must be red. I know Aden’s is.

“Okay that was probably the dumbest idea ever; climbing through your window...”

“Or maybe...one of the smartest” Aden is confused. “I’ve missed you”

“I’ve missed you too....” Before the level of awkwardness can raise from 50 to 100, he grabs me and hugs me. He has his hand behind my head, brushing my hair down wards, stroking it. “I love you Belle” He whispers so softly, he says it in a way that clearly shows he means it from friend to friend, but there is a slight hopefulness in the tone that suggests he loves me in a different way. “Love you too”

“Don’t worry, I’ll sleep on the front” Aden reassures me. “That’s fine...it’s just....I don’t have a mattress.....you’ll be sleeping on the rock hard floor”

“So what.....I deserve to sleep there.....after what I did......you’ve given me shelter I shouldn’t ask for more. I’m grateful for your help”

“So if you had the choice between sleeping the floor....or sleeping on the bed......you’d choose the floor?”

“What do you mean....” Then Aden laughs, “Aghhh Belle we’re not little kids, where it’s okay for a guy and a girl to sleep next to each other and not have a meaning other than friendship”

“So.....who cares if we’re not kids .....you can still share the bed with me...” What the hell am I saying, Belle Taylor where is this coming from?? Are you listening to yourself?? You’re asking a guy to sleep in the same bed with you and not have any meaning other than just a meaningless sleepover?? Have you gone mad??

“Hmm....the floor does feel pretty hard....” Aden thinks about my offer. “Hurry up, I’m tired..” I collapse back on my back, and close my eyes. “The choice is up to you.....good night” The next thing I feel is a violent movement of the bed, he’s decided to sleep next to me. I’m lying on my back, the next thing I feel is a wet touch pressing down on my forehead.

“Good night...” I say louder enough for her to hear me. “Gorgeous” I say so quietly it’s impossible for her to hear me.

Archived