Art of Love

Guest adellejefferiesxox

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, thanks for letting me know what you think of each chapter. I am sorry that the chapters are so small.

Key: Nicole (purple) & Aden (dark blue)

One Nicole wakes, I’ll be able to examine her properly” I hear an unfamiliar voice say as I regain consciousness. I open my eyes, at my own pace. I am in no hurry to see the expression of my dad and the nurse in the room with us. I open my eyes. Roman, Aden and some woman is in the room, looking at me with horror. “Dad...” I manage to say, my voice is hoarse, and I find it hard to swallow as my throat is aching. “Hi sweetie....my name is Ella, I’ll be looking after you today...” Argh, I hate when people talk down to you, treat you like a little kid by using that exasperating childlike voice. “Okay” I croak. “I have taken some blood to look at your antibodies, but it would be a real advantage if you could tell me what you’re symptoms have been”. I stare at her, slowly comprehending what she has asked me. “Um....well I have had a sore throat for a while now, I feel tired all the time and I’ve had a bit of a fever”

“Do you know the highest your temperature has risen too?” The nurse asks me, my dad listens closely. I don’t want him to worry, “Ah....39” I whisper, but my dad can still hear me. “Nic!”

“Dad I’m fine...really....no need to worry...” I hate how parents stress over little things, it’s nothing. I’m fine, it’s just the flu. “Have you been eating regularly, have you being having abdominal pain?”

What’s with the integration, jesus. They are over reacting, who cares if I passed out. It’s been hot lately, I’m probably dehydrated yeah that’s it. “Um...yeah I haven’t been feeling that hungry lately. That’s common when you have the flu miss” I grin at her, she looks displeased as does my dad. Aden just sits on a chair and stares back and forth at me and Roman. “When’s the last time you ate, would you say....”

“Probably.....I don’t know.....why does it matter?”

“Hmm...I think the reason you’ve collapsed was due to the fact you had low energy levels and all the symptoms you’ve described to me sounds like Glandular fever also known as the kissing disease”

My mouth literally opens, Aden’s mimics my expression. “Nicole, you didn’t say whether or not you had been experiencing stomach pains” Oh god, can this be for real? It can’t be, I can’t have this kissing disease. I sigh, “Yes....a little...but just a little”

“Okay, that’s alright. Glandular fever can be treated as long as it’s controlled. Tell me do you have a partner....boyfriend....girlfriend” Oh great, so now the nurse thinks I’m a lesbian, just because Freya kissed me the whole town thinks I’m gay. “No...she doesn’t” Dad answers for me. “Oh that’s great news.....because if you did we’d probably have to examine you’re boyfriend too”

Oh sh*t!!!!!! Roman is going to kill me. I am going to kill Nicole. I feel perfectly fine, right so I shouldn’t have this Glandular....whatever it’s called. I wouldn’t.....I shouldn’t....

“Why does it matter if Nic has a boyfriend or not...what difference does it make...” I finally speak up after sitting in silence. To be honest, I wasn’t really concerned about Nicole fainting. My mind was still on Belle. It wasn’t like Nicole had stopped breathing, she was fine. Wasn’t she...

“Well if Nicole had of had a boyfriend then as its common known as the kissing disease...it’s passed on by saliva, even some children will get it from their parents. But like I said it is treatable”

“What, if I supposedly had a fling” I watch Roman as Nicole asks the nurse. He looks concerns and superstition. “Any contact with an infected person is at risk”

I don’t feel so good. I get up in a rush and leave.

“Aden?” I say, but it’s too late. I can tell he’s already panicking. Please don’t tell me I’ve passed it on to Aden. Please don’t let my dad find out about our fling. I know what he’ll do...and it aint gonna be pretty.

Oh no, trouble has hit :o

Nicole has glandular fever... which means Aden probably has it too... which means Roman will find out... and I don't wanna know what will happen when he finds out !

Except, I really, really do wanna know, so you have to update soon :D

Thanks guys. You're legends! :P

Key: Belle (Grey), Aden (Blue), Angelo (Orange)

I must say that today is such a beautiful day, the sun is beaming down as a light breeze flows pass. I walk along the beach, barefoot. I see in the distance, a young lad on the beach staring out to sea. He looks like a zombie. “Aden!” I call out to him; he looks at me and then looks back at the sea. I walk faster to reach him, “Hey...” I say in a friendly manner with a smile. Aden looks at me, he doesn’t quite look depressed by he looks very close to it. “Aden, are you alright” I sit down next to him. “Mm” He mummers, “You look awful” I tell him, but Aden simply shrugs. “What’s with the bags?” I notice there are several bags next to him. “I’m moving” He tells me.

What can I say? I don’t want Belle to know, even if she is my best “friend”. But Belle being Belle, won’t let this go. “Aden I know something is wrong, if you tell me maybe I can help you”

“I don’t want your help!” I snap at her but then shortly after I feel guilty. “Sorry”

“It’s okay...just tell me what’s wrong......” Oh man, I don’t feel so good. I can feel my throat beginning to burn. “Roman.....he kicked me out...” I tell her. “Aden..” She said sympathetically. “Just forget okay”

“No, I won’t just forget it....what happened?”

*Flashback*

“You did what!!!” I have no choice; there is no chance of hiding from the truth. “I’m sorry Roman, I am really sorry. It will never happen again I swear”

“Damn straight it won’t happen again; you can pack your bags and get out”

“Roman...I’m real sorry” I try to explain but he doesn’t want to hear it. “I SAID GET OUT!!!” He shouts so loudly it doesn’t come as a surprise if the neighbours would have heard him.

“Dad, don’t blame Aden. It’s just as much my fault as it is his. Don’t let Aden take all the blame. It’s not like Aden forced me, besides we didn’t actually have sex.....it was just foreplay” Why does Nic have to open that trap of hers, foreplay, you can see that word has just made him even angrier especially coming from his own daughter’s mouth. “What are you still doing standing there, get out of my house!”

What have I done, why did I do this. I’ve lost Roman’s trust and I’ve just lost a place to live. Great. “Dad...you heard the nurse, Aden will probably fall really ill soon. He needs a place to stay” Nicole whines to her father. “Nicole, he knew the rules and he broke them. He must face the consequences”

“But where will he stay?”

“I don’t care, but he sure isn’t staying here”

“But dad....” I speak up again, “Nic, its okay....I have to go. It’s best for all of us”

*flashback*

“You and Nicole did what” Belle says after I finish explaining that I’ve been kicked out and how I’ve been infected with Glandular fever. “I know it was dumb”

I can feel the tears coming, I try really hard to keep them from falling, I blink several times, “When did this happen” I ask demanding an explanation. How dare he do that with her!!

“It happened.....while you were out with Jack” Aden tells me. “It’s Jacob!” I shout at him, the tears are busting to fall and they do. It’s a combination of sadness and anger. “So....rry.....Jacob....whatever....” He rolls his eyes. “Aden Jefferies do not roll your eyes at me!!!” I scream at him.

What is her problem? Why is she getting so worked up about this?

“I’m glad you are sick, serves you right!” I spit my words at him. “Have a good night sleeping on the beach” I get up quickly and storm off.

What the hell is her problem??!!! Why is she over reacting, oh that’s right she’s a girl? She doesn’t need a reason. I look at to the sky; I guess I have no choice. Looks like I’m sleeping here tonight.

I’ve ordered my coffee as usual; Colleen’s kindly passed on my order to Irene who seems to be in charge of the coffee machine this morning. I decide that my coffee must really be ready. “Hey Darl” Irene greets me cheerfully. I however don’t give the same cheerful response, “Hi....” I said in a miserable voice.

“Everything alright?” Irene hands me my decaf skinny latte. “No actually...Charlie’s home sick, she has a really bad cough and it’s getting worse. I’m really worried”

“Oh no darl, that’s terrible!! Do you know what she has?”

“Well, Charlie thinks its bronchitis, but I’m not so sure. I mean she’s been taking some medicine for it but it hasn’t cleared it up and Charlie’s refusing to see a doctor”

“Oh dear, you don’t suppose it’s Glandular fever, Aden and Nicole both have it at the moment”

“Nah...It’s not the same. It’s mainly the coughing and tiredness that’s the real concern”

“Well love, if I was you I’d be dragging her to see a doctor ASAP!”

“Yeah, you’re probably right. She doesn’t sound so good”

“And you’ve been feeling alright?” Irene asks me before I leave. “Yeah, I’m fine. Just worried”

“Take care”

Archived