Sleeping Arrangements

Guest Louise_2983

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This chapter is especially for Bradyell - Happy Birthday! :)

Chapter 6/?

“There you are!” he exclaimed as he entered the house looking dashing in his suit and tie to find her curled up on the sofa in jeans and a t-shirt.

“Please tell me you just lost track of time and you didn’t really stand me up? Because I swear the team things you’re a figment of my imagination now!”

“I...” she snuffled.

“Hey!” he rushed to her side and took her hands in his.

“Belle? What is it sweetheart?”

“It’s Mattie, she...she...”

“What happened?” he whispered, brushing away her tears with his thumb only for them to be quickly replenished.

“She fainted when we were out today and we went to the hospital they did an ultra sound and there was nothing there Aden, just a blank screen”

“Oh sweetheart” he sighed hugging her close.

“One minute she was so excited about the baby and then there wasn’t a baby anymore and she’s devastated and Ric’s heartbroken and I can’t do anything to help them!”

“Why didn’t you call me?”

“I didn’t want to ruin your night” she sniffled.

“Belle” he sighed.

“Those events bore me silly, I only tricked you into going to keep me sane, I would have been there in a second”

“You’re here now” she mumbled, snuggling closer to him.

“Too late though”

“It was always too late Aden” she whispered.

“It was too late before we even got to that hospital today”

“I know right now they’re heartbroken” he whispered hesitantly.

“But they will get through this, we’ll help them and this doesn’t mean that they won’t have other children”

“I know” she mumbled,

“They just really wanted this one and they were so excited Aden”

“I know and I know you were excited for them too, but it will be ok babe I promise. Now other than the obvious is Mattie ok?”

“Yeah” she nodded.

“Thankfully. They let her go home”

“That’s good, I’m sure Ric’s looking after her”

“Like you’re looking after me?” she smiled softly as she lifted her head from his chest.

“Well I haven’t really done much” he smiled softly.

“But I do have chocolate and wine and an array of DVD’s if that would make you feel a tiny bit better”

“It might do” she smiled weakly as she rubbed away her tears.

“Ok” he nodded.

“I’ll just go and change first”

“No, don’t!” she protested.

“Well you can lose the jacket and the tie but keep the rest”

“Oh right” he laughed as he shrugged off his jacket.

“Do it for you does it?”

“Might do” she smirked before she suddenly began to cry once more,

He simply sat back down next to her and held her close as she sobbed against his chest.

They were sat so close together on the sofa that her body heat was distracting him from the DVD, Some arty film Belle had chosen but he had no grasp of the plot.

“Aden?” she suddenly murmured softly, taking her eyes away from the screen.

“Why didn’t you ask me to stay? Why did you love me enough to buy a ring and investigate how I wanted to be proposed to but not enough to ask me not to go to London?”

“Matilda told you” he sighed knowingly.

He should have expected it really. He got along well with Matilda and Ric these days bit he knew that their loyalty would always lie with Belle really.

“When?” he asked the question which had popped into his head the instant she had mentioned the ring.

Had she known all along that he had planned to propose to her and left to live on the other side of the world anyway?

“Today” she whispered and his pounding heart calmed a little. At least she hadn’t turned down his proposal without him even actually asking her, or realising it.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” she questioned, her brown eyes looking directly into his.

“Why didn’t you ask me to stay? Why didn’t you ask me to marry you?”

“And what would your answer have been if I had?” he asked knowingly.

She shifted uncomfortably, her eyes avoiding his intense gaze as she failed to respond in any way but through her body language.

“Exactly” he sighed softly.

“I could have proposed, or begged you not to go to London or both. But it wouldn’t have made any difference except for the fact that I would have been hurt and rejected and angry and we would have

probably ended up never speaking to each other again. I didn’t want that for us Belle”

“So you let me think that you were fine with it all instead?” she mumbled, hurt shining from her sad eyes.

“You let me believe that our relationship meant nothing to you? That you could let it all go just like that!” she accused, snapping her thumb and forefinger together.

”You never thought that” he shook his head sadly. If she did think that then she didn’t know him at all and that thought killed him.

“You saw me cry the night before you left. I held you tighter and closer than I ever had before that night Belle. You knew I loved you...you knew”

“Did I?” she questioned him but she knew that his words were the truth.

She had known that he loved her. Not just that night but for a long time before that too. She had been happy and content finally and she had been in love with him too. It had only been over the

past twelve months, she suddenly realised, that she had somehow managed to convince herself that neither of them had strong feelings for the other. Because somehow that had made it a little easier

being so far apart.

“Yeah you did” he whispered with a nod.

“Yeah I did” she echoed with a sigh before confessing what she knew she had to.

“I would have said no”

“I know, that’s why I didn’t ask” he smiled weakly at her.

“Just the fact that you wanted to go to London, that you were going with or without me, told me that you weren’t in the same place as I was. You weren’t ready for marriage”

“I would have said no” she repeated regretfully.

“Ok, you don’t have to rub it in!” he let out a chuckle in an attempt to lighten the mood.

“I would have said no but that doesn’t mean that I didn’t love you. I was just...”

“Just?”

“Not ready. I wasn’t ready Aden and to be completely honest, what we had scared me”

“Scared you?”

“Yes! I was 23 years old and I was in this amazing relationship with a guy who I could see myself marrying and who I wanted to spend rest of my life with. That wasn’t part of the plan, it wasn’t

meant to happen so soon and it scared me!”

“Is that why you left?” he questioned almost hopefully.

“Partly I guess” she shrugged.

“It was mainly because I’d been offered an amazing opportunity that I wanted to grab with both hands but other than that, yeah I think that was part of it”

“So that’s why you never asked me to go with you?” he asked and instantly she saw in his eyes that the fact that she had never asked him to accompany her had broken him.

“No, no it’s not” she shook her head with a smile.

“I wanted you to come with me. Deep down that was what I wanted more than anything, I even booked two flights over there because I was on autopilot and then I had to cancel yours. Aden, you’ve

got a career over her and you were so near to being signed to play pro and I couldn’t ask you to give that up, just like you couldn’t ask me to give London up. You’ve really made something of your life

Aden and I was too proud of you to expect you to give it all up for me...I’m still proud of you”

“Well, I’m quite proud of myself too” he smirked playfully.

“But none of it meant anywhere near as much without you here to enjoy it all with”

“I watched all your games on the internet” she confessed, her cheeks blushing a rosy hue.

“It’s amazing what people put on You Tube these days!”

“But come on, admit it!” he teased with a sincere smile.

“You were only watching them to check Josh Williams out”

“And what a waste of time that was!” she chuckled.

“You don’t even like footie” he smiled softly, a warm glow burning in the depths of his stomach as she watched her intently.

“No I don’t” she admitted quietly.

“But I like you and the way you get so involved, so completely focused on the game and how happy you get when things go your way, that big beaming smile, it’s something that I love to watch”

“What about when things don’t go my way though?”

“Well” she sighed deeply.

“That was the really hard bit. Watching you hurt or upset or frustrated and not being anywhere near close enough to give you a hug or kiss it all better”

“Now I’m gutted that last season went so well!” he grinned mischievously.

“I could have had a heap of kisses to collect right now!”

“Well just don’t start deliberately playing badly because you think I’ll pay up” she laughed.

“Well...it could be worth it...” he smirked pretending to genuinely contemplate the idea.

“I think Matilda was right in a way” she suddenly blurted out.

“About what?”

“About our break up being weird”

“Belle you have got to stop letting what she says get to you”

“Even when it makes sense?”

“We talked about this last night” he told her adamantly.

“This is not weird”

“Maybe weird’s the wrong word” she whispered.

“Maybe fake would be a more appropriate description or we could just call it a sham?”

“What? Belle there was nothing fake about us living thousands of miles apart!”

“Oh no, that part was real alright!” she exclaimed with a smile.

“But the rest...I honestly don’t know Aden. We both said that we didn’t want a long distance relationship but in reality I think that’s exactly what we ended up having”

“Apart from the lack of phone sex”

“Well I did plenty of that with my other boyfriend” she smirked as he chuckled.

“We broke up, we said all the right words but in reality Aden I never really let you go. I never stopped thinking of you as anything other than my boyfriend if I’m honest and there was no one else, well

except for this one guy I went on a date with but I bailed half way through because he just wasn’t you”

Gently he lifted his hand and tenderly brushed the hair from her eyes.

“Well, no one else is Belle” he smiled teasingly.

“I know” she laughed.

“Aden, were you...was there anyone else? Matilda said she hadn’t seen you with anyone but I know you, you’re not likely to have paraded them around in front of your ex’s best friend”

“I went on a few dates” he admitted sheepishly as he caressed her soft cheek with his thumb.

“But they never went anywhere”

“Did they go to your bedroom?” she asked hesitantly.

“Or hers?”

“No” he laughed softly.

“The only woman who has seen the inside of my bedroom here, with the exception of the cleaner, was looking at it via webcam”

“That’s good to know” she smiled, her hand gently stroking the one he rubbed against her cheek.

“Because she can get kind of jealous”

“Belle” he murmured trying to contain the hope surging through him in case she didn’t mean this.

“What are you saying here?”

“I’m saying” she smiled.

“That I want to get back together,,,although technically we never really broke up so I guess I’m saying that I want to stay together”

“I want that too” he sighed as a massive grin lit up his face, his big blue eyes sparkling.

“But” she began and he groaned loudly. He should have known that there would be a but.

“But I want to take things slow, I don’t think we need to jump straight back into a majorly intense relationship just yet. We need to start out slow so I don’t think we should sleep together or share a

bedroom yet”

“Belle” he smiled in relief.

“For the past year we’ve been practically at a standstill, seriously holding your hand and just being able to look at you is doing it for me right now!”

“Holding hands?!” she scoffed.

“Aden I don’t want to go that slow! We’re not Annie and Jai!”

“Thank god for that!” he laughed happily.

“But for now we stay where we are ok? You in your room and me in the guest room”

“Ok” he nodded.

“But the occasional sleepover is permitted isn’t it?”

“Aden” she giggled.

“Let’s just take our time, enjoy being together without the added pressure that sex and everything that goes with it brings”

“Ok, if that’s what you want” he whispered with a grin.

“Anything you want Belle, anything to keep you in the country this time!”

“I’m not going anywhere” she smiled.

“Glad to hear it”

“There is one more thing though” she mumbled hesitantly.

“What? Go on” he prompted.

“Can we just keep this to ourselves for now?”

“Belle Taylor, are you ashamed of me?” he teased.

“No!” she hurried to object.

“But people are already butting in with their view on what’s right for us and no one should be deciding that but me and you so I think we just need some time where this is just between us”

“Yeah, you’re right”

“Well, that’s nothing new!” she smirked just as his head titled forward and his lips pressed gently against hers, parting them and gently nipping her soft skin.

She let out a loud moan of satisfaction and pent up desire at their first kiss in over a year.

Instantly she broke away and buried her head in his neck as she cringed in embarrassment.

Tenderly he slid his hand under her chin, lifted her head to look at him and gazed into her eyes.

“It’s just me” he whispered.

“There’s no need to be embarrassed...in fact I like that I just made you do that” he smirked before he kissed her once more.

Her hands curled around the collar of his shirt, pulling him closer, her nails digging into his skin through the luxurious black material.

A satisfied groan slipped over his full lips. She didn’t know whether it was involuntary or if he was just doing it to make her feel better as his hands slid down her sides, exploring her body hungrily, but

she didn’t care enough to think about it in that moment.

Instead she simply pulled him closer and kissed him harder.

“I should go to bed” she smirked as she suddenly broke away and rose to her feet.

“It’s been a long day”

“Right” he sighed in frustration but stood up also and turned off the TV.

“Hey Mister! Where do you think you’re going exactly?” she asked in mock annoyance.

“Just walking you to your door like a proper gentleman” he grinned holding out his hand for her. She took it with a smile and let him lead her up the spiral staircase.

When they reached the room she was sleeping in he pressed her gently back against the door and kissed her like his life depended on it.

“I missed you” she sighed as they broke apart in need of air.

“Missed you too Babe” he smiled and her heart leapt at the familiar nickname.

“Well” she came over all sheepish.

“Goodnight Aden”

“Goodnight Belle” he whispered, pressing another kiss to her lips before she disappeared into the bedroom and heard his footsteps as he climbed the next staircase to the attic.

Smiling happily to herself she undressed and climbed into the luxurious bed. Just as she got comfy the shrill ring of her phone pierced the air. She reached out and grabbed it from the bedside table, her

eyes still half shut.

“Hello?”

“Now” she could almost hear his smirk.

“About this phone sex”

“Aden!” she giggled loudly.

“Is that what you call going slow?”

“Well babe” he chuckled.

“I get unlimited free minutes...”

“Shut up!” she laughed.

“I’m going to sleep so you’ll just have to phone one of your groupies”

“Right then, I’ll do just that!”

“Great!” she exclaimed.

“Now goodnight Aden, I love you” she told him before she’d even realised what she was about to say.

“I...”

“It’s ok if you don’t” she mumbled, feeling sick as he struggled to say it back.

“Hold on, don’t move a muscle!” he suddenly announced and before she could even utter a response he had bounded down the stairs and into her bedroom.

“This isn’t allowed” she told him adamantly as he perched on the bed before her in just his boxers.

“I know” he smiled.

“It’s just a brief visit don’t worry. I just didn’t want the first time I said it in over a year to be anything other than to your face”

“Said what?” she grinned as he took her face gently between his hands.

“I love you Belle” he murmured before kissing her softly.

“Love you too” she grinned happily.

“Goodnight babe” he whispered, already at the door as he blew her a kiss.

Good night indeed” she smiled to herself before falling into a content sleep and dreaming sweeter dreams than she had in a long, long time.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I have the BIGGEST grin on my face right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was just perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loved how he rang her... and then they said that they loved each other *sigh* :wub:

OMG poor poor Mattie and Ric :( :( :( thats sooooooo sad

I hope she gets pregnant again!

fantastic update

x

Archived