Sleeping Arrangements

Guest Louise_2983

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Matilda's thoughts on the way they've been handling themselves since the break-up is still playing on her mind. I liked that they talked about it.

They really do mention how much they missed each other alot, don't they? It's sweet. So is the fact that they kept in touch so often.

Belle's frustration at being woken up and the assumption that she and Aden would be sleeping in the same bed was downright funny. Poor Joey, not being able to say anything right :lol: . I'm liking Joey already. I don't know if Joey was ever this witty on the show but she did throw out a few awesome comebacks from time to time, so I'm willing to believe she really was and we never got to see it. Great scene between the three of them here.

I don't know if Joey was ever this witty on the show but she did throw out a few awesome comebacks from time to time, so I'm willing to believe she really was and we never got to see it. Great scene between the three of them here.

Well I figured with working on the boats and then with an all male footie team she'd have had to have learnt to give as good as she got somewhere along the line...

Thanks for the lovely comments guys :)

Chapter 5/?

“Aden is not going to know what’s hit him when he sees you in that dress!” Matilda grinned as Belle carried the large blue bag bearing the logo of an exclusive boutique out of the store.

“Excuse me!” Belle protested.

“Talk about setting feminism back a century or two! I’m not dressing for Aden, Matilda. I’m dressing for me...well mostly”

“Well that’s ok” Matilda smirked.

“I’m sure Aden prefers you undressed anyway”

“Mattie!” Belle growled unimpressed.

“Ok, sorry! I’ll stop” the blonde chuckled just as a rush of dizziness suddenly hit her and she had to quickly grab hold of Belle’s arm to steady herself.

“Woah, Are you ok?” Belle’s question brimmed with concern as she helped her friend pull herself upright.

“I’m fine, just pregnant and I didn’t really eat much this morning. I was too busy being sick”

“Do you want to go home? Or we could go and get something to eat that might make you feel better?”

“Something to eat sounds good” she smiled.

“But can we sit down for a minute first? These heels are killing me”

“Course” Belle nodded guiding her to a bench.

“I think you’ll need to lose the heels as the bump expands you know”

“Yeah but I’ve got a while yet” Matilda laughed softly.

“Most of my jeans still fit”

“So” Belle murmured almost to herself.

“I talked to Aden”

“That’s really good” Matilda laughed.

“Because it would be awfully quiet in that big house if you weren’t talking to each other”

“Oh ha ha” Belle stuck her tongue out playfully.

“I meant that I talked to him about what you said. About everything from our break up onwards being weird”

“And what did he say?”

“He said he didn’t care what you think”

“Charming!” Matilda huffed loudly.

“He didn’t mean it like that. He just meant that our opinions are the ones that are important here, We’re the ones living together after all”

“So basically he said that your opinion is the only one that matters to him?”

“Yeah, I guess he kind of did”

“Aww that’s so sweet” Matilda grinned.

“Well he can be sweet when he wants to be” Belle smiled at the memories of all the sweet things Aden had done for her when they had been together.

“So did you sleep in the guest room last night?”

“Yes of course I did!”

“With Aden?” Matilda wiggled a raised eyebrow cheekily.

“NO! Matilda!”

“Sorry” It’s just that you look really well today, glowing in fact and I just thought it might b-”

“It’s not afterglow!” Belle exclaimed in annoyance.

“Why is everyone so determined to have me and Aden jump into bed with each other the minute I step back in the country?”

“Sorry” Matilda sighed apologetically.

“It’s just you two are so good together and you’re both gorgeous. Think of the beautiful babies you’d have!”

“You’ve got babies on the brain”

“No just in my tummy and that’s baby singular thank you very much! They’ll be no more than ten little fingers and toes in there!”

“Aww they’re going to be so cute” Belle swooned patting Matilda’s almost non existent bump.

“As long as he or she doesn’t look like Ric”

“Matilda!” Belle chuckled loudly.

“Look I love him but that face and build would not a pretty baby make. It didn’t, I’ve seen his baby pictures!”

“You’re so mean” Belle giggled.

“But I like it!”

“That’s because you’re meaner! Everything I know, I learnt from you!”

“And I taught you well”

“You sure did” Matilda laughed.

“So, really how were things last night? Wasn’t it a bit awkward?”

“Only when I asked him if it should be awkward” Belle replied only just realising it was true as she said it.

“Other than that it was comfortable and familiar and really, really nice. It felt like I was back home again and I don’t just mean Australia”

“I just think you need to be careful” Matilda whispered hesitantly.

“Careful? Why would I need to be careful?”

“Because if you’re not then one or both of you is going to get hurt”

“Mattie, we’re friends and we’re getting on great”

“I know, I saw that for myself” she nodded.

“But I also saw Aden kiss your hair in kitchen and the way he looks at you like he never wants to stop looking at you”

“Mat-“

“No Belle, you need to hear this” Matilda cut her dead.

“He loves you and no matter how much he says that you’re friends and he’s fine with that he so clearly wants more and you living in his house, practically being in each other’s pockets is not going to

help him with that. So if you just want friends then you have to be really careful or you’re going to hurt him and yourself and you’re going to lose him in every capacity”

“If I can move to the other side of the world and not lose him I think I can stay in his house for a few weeks and have things be ok” Belle protested as Matilda sighed in frustration.

“Just promise me you’ll be careful”

“I will ok, I will. But this is Aden we’re talking about here”

“Aden who was going to p-“ Matilda suddenly cut her sentence short as she realised what she was about to say.

“Going to what?”

“Nothing?”

“Finish that sentence or die Hunter”

“It’s Dalby and I’m pregnant!”

“Just tell me!” Belle exclaimed certain her friend couldn’t have been about to say what she thought she had been.

“Ok” Matilda nodded.

“But actually I think it’s better if I show you” she announced retrieving her mobile from her bag, pulling up an old picture message and passing it over for Belle to see.

“Oh my god” Belle murmured with a loud gasp as she stared at the diamond solitaire ring shining in the centre of the picture message bearing Aden’s name at the bottom.

“He was going to propose?”

“Yeah” Matilda nodded.

“He called me asking for advice, wanting to know if you’d ever mentioned how you’d want to be proposed to and of course I then demanded that he sent me a photo of the ring”

“When?” Belle asked still staring at the message.

“He was going to do it the night you came home and told him you’d been promoted and that you were“

“Moving to London” Belle finished the sentence.

“Oh god”

“He might not have shown it Belle” Matilda told her as she took her phone back.

“But it killed him letting you go. I haven’t seen him so much as look at another woman since he’s been here and I definitely haven’t seen him smile as much or look as happy as he did last night, with

you next to him again”

“It hurt me too you know?” Belle whispered.

“It wasn’t like I just cast him aside and never thought about him again”

“I know that or you wouldn’t be staying in his house right now”

“I can’t believe he was going to propose” she sighed in disbelief.

“Why not? You were...perfect together”

“We weren’t perfect” Belle laughed.

“But things were going really well between us at long last, we’d finally got over most of our major troubles”

“So he obviously thought the stress of a wedding would help” Matilda laughed softly.

“That’s assuming I said yes”

“And that” Matilda sighed.

“Is why you have to be really careful Belle because Aden was so excited and sure of what he wanted. He really wanted all that. Marriage, kids, the whole shebang and I don’t think much has changed”

“I just don’t know what I would have said right now, it’s a shock” Belle admitted as Matilda suddenly lurched forward, a loud gasp escaping from her as her hand shot to her tummy.

“Mattie!” she exclaimed grabbing hold of her just as she tried to stand, her legs buckling underneath her, as she fell back into her friend’s arms.

OMG Mattie!!! I hope everything's gonna be ok.....

I love how you write their friendship, makes me miss the old teen group on the show

And Aden was going to propose?! Bless him

Brill again!

Cannot wait for more

Archived