Sleeping Arrangements

Guest Louise_2983

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loved that little manly bloke talk between Aden and Ric. Also loved the effect of the 'nod' that Ric gave Aden whilst hugging Matty...thought it really came through!

I also adore how Aden and Belle are taking things slowly. As always a great read!!

This chapter is for MrsL who inspired part of it! Enjoy!

Chapter 9

“Argh! Stupid thing!” she screamed in exasperation, thumping the side of the tumble dryer as she did so.

“Come on!” she yelled again, giving the machine another whack.

“Babe” he half laughed as he came up behind her, fresh from the shower, wearing low slung jeans which clung to all the right places.

“What’s the matter?” he questioned, lifting the soft white towel draped casually around his neck to rub his damp blond hair.

“My skirt is stuck in the dryer!” she announced dramatically in the exact same tone he would expect her to use if she’d been declaring that the world was set to end in sixty seconds.

“And that’s a problem?” he smirked, his eyebrows arching as his gaze fluttered over the long, white shirt she was wearing. The corners of his full mouth kicked up into a smile as he reached the hemline

balanced precariously just below the gentle curve of her behind.

“It is when it’s my first day at work yes!” she replied, her eyes flashing a deeper shade of brown in annoyance.

“I’m going to be late on my first day”

“Move over, let me have a go” he told her calmly as she repeatedly yanked on the tumble drier’s circular door which wasn’t budging an inch.

Placing his hands on either side of her waist he ushered her carefully out of the way and knelt down before the machine to try himself.

She watched as he fiddled with the door’s latch before attempting to prise it open. Biting down forcefully on the tender pale skin of her lower lip she fidgeted uncomfortably, unable to tear her gaze away

from his strong arms, glistening under a thin sheen of moisture, the residue of his shower. She licked her lips as his taught muscles rippled at his movement, a flutter whirring in her tummy.

It took all the self restraint she had, and then some, to resist ordering him to forget the skirt and dragging him up to the bedroom where she wouldn’t need it anyway.

“That’s it!” he exclaimed triumphantly as he managed to work the door open.

She almost felt disappointed as he retrieved her blue skirt and held it aloft before her.

“Thank you” she replied anyway, taking the garment and heading off to get dressed.

“Wait a minute!” he called after her, the strong arms she had been admiring only seconds earlier, encircling her tiny waist and pulling her back against his broad chest.

“Where’s my good morning kiss?”

“Is it a good morning?” she teased as he twisted her around to face him, pressing her body up against his own.

“It is...” he whispered, his strong hands slipping down her body as he kissed her gently.

“Now”

“A very good morning” she grinned, kissing him back tenderly but covering his wandering hands with her own to restrict their movement.

“But I really have to go to work!”

“Ok” he sighed, pouting a little before kissing her soft lips once more.

“But please put your skirt on first, I don’t want any of the men in your office getting designs on the new girl!”

“Aww” she smiled, placing a trail of kisses over his collar bone.

“You know I only have eyes for you baby...and anyway” she smirked as she whipped the towel from around his neck and playfully hit him with it, square on the chest.

“I’m sure the gay guys on your team just love you!”

“Well...” he replied sheepishly, his cheeks flushing post box red.

“Oh my gosh, I was joking!” she exclaimed.

“Did one of them make a move on you?”

“Well not a move exactly” he sighed in embarrassment, his full lips twisting into a coy smile.

“But there was a lot of talk about how my imaginary girlfriend in London had to be a cover for being gay”

“You told them I was your girlfriend huh?” she smirked.

“No” he objected, his fingertips running through her dark tresses.

“Even though you were, in everything but title. But people did notice when I left parties early or practically ran home straight after practice to talk to you”

“And they thought you were sneaking off to meet your boyfriend!” she teased, tickling his bare sides as he squirmed and grabbed hold of her to stop her before raising both their entwined hands to his

lips and gently kissing her knuckles.

“Didn’t Joey tell them I was real?”

“No, she was the worst!” he chuckled.

“Told them all she’d never heard of you and that really I was off ordering an internet bride”

“Well the internet part was right” she grinned.

“And maybe the bride bit too one day”

“Woah!” he laughed as he hugged her closer.

“What happened to going slow? I haven’t asked you to marry me yet you know”

“I know and it’s a good job” she giggled, gazing at the bracelet looped around her wrist.

“Because I would say no. I’ve already got the diamond, no other reason to say yes have I?”

“None at all” he laughed, bowing his head kissing her tenderly.

“Hmm, except maybe that” she licked her lips hungrily as he tore his away from hers.

“But I get that anyway. Honestly Aden, you should try holding back a little” she teased.

“You could learn a few things from Geoff!”

He arched his eyebrows and smirked.

“Geoff? Geoff “my girlfriend broke up with me and ran off on tour with a rock star Geoff? That Geoff?”

“You raise a good point” she nodded.

“But he calls you Aden “my girlfriend broke up with me and ran off to London” Aden, you know?”

“You didn’t break up with me!” he protested adamantly.

“It was a mutual decision”

“Face it Jefferies!” she told him bluntly.

“I did a runner!”

“Yo-“

“Just like I’m doing now!” she interrupted, smacking a kiss against his lips and wriggling out of his arms.

“I’ve got to get to work!”

“Skirt!” he called after her as she began to ascend the stairs, leaving the garment strewn on the floor where she had dropped it earlier mid kiss.

“Argh!” she moaned hurriedly retracing her steps and grabbing the skirt.

Turning to leave once more, she stopped suddenly and turned back to face him, pressing her palms against his toned chest and running them slowly downwards as she kissed his softly.

“What was that for?” he grinned happily.

“Hmmm?” she pondered peppering kisses against the corner of his mouth.

“Let’s call it rent”

“Babe if I’d known that counted as rent, I’d have got a hot lodger months ago!” he chuckled.

“In fact, there’s still another spare room...”

“Don’t even think about it!”

“You know that I’m a one woman man” he smiled softly, cupping her face between his hands and pressing his lips delicately against hers.

“I waited a whole year for you didn’t I?”

“I was worth the wait though right?”

“Every second of it” he smiled sincerely and was rewarded as she kissed him passionately.

“I’m going to be so late!” she groaned against his lips.

“Worth it though right?” he grinned.

“Oh yeah”

“So this will be your desk” her new boss told her as they reached the prime spot by the window. Not that the view mattered much, she’d be out on location more than sat at the wooden structure.

“This here is Jenny” he nodded to the blonde perched at the next desk, eyeing Belle curiously.

“I’m sure she’ll be happy to help if you need anything, I’ll leave you to settle in”

“Thank you” Belle smiled genuinely.

“And again, I’m so sorry for being late. The tumble drier got stuck and then...”

My boyfriend wouldn’t stop kissing me

“Traffic was murder!” she finished her sentence trying, unsuccessfully, to push Aden to the back of her mind.

“It’s no problem” the older male smiled honestly.

“And you’ve apologised four times now Belle anyway” he laughed before leaving her to it.

“So you’re the one they sent to London right?” Jenny leant forward, her elbow propped up on the corner of Belle’s desk as she turned on her computer and settled down into the chair.

“That’s right” Belle nodded.

“So are you from Perth originally then? Not sure why you’d want to come back here after London. I’d love to go over there”

“No” Belle shook her head.

“I’m not from Perth originally, but I did have my reasons for coming here”

She couldn’t help but grin as Aden’s smiling face crept back to the forefront of her mind, the taste of his kisses still lingering on her warm lips.

“So where are you from then?”

“Oh you’ve probably never heard of it, just a little coastal town outside of Sydney. Summer Bay it’s called”

“Oh my god!” Jenny shrieked loudly causing half the office to turn their way.

“You’re from Summer Bay?” she hissed.

“Yes” Belle looked at her suspiciously, wondering if she was insane or just over enthusiastic.

“Seriously?! Are you kidding?!””

“Yes, seriously.” Belle half laughed.

“Why would I joke about it?”

“Do you know him?” Jenny leant forward even more eager than before.

“Him?” Belle questioned.

“I’m afraid you’re going to have to be a bit more specific than that, about half of the town’s population go under the description of him!”

“Aden Jefferies!” Jenny yelped with a beaming grin as she pointed to the newspaper cutting of her favourite footie player pinned to the board above her desk.

“The Stinger’s star player! He’s from Summer Bay too!”

Oh that him Belle thought with a sly grin.

My him.

“Erm his name does sound familiar” she shrugged, feigning ignorance.

“Maybe he was in the year below me at school? I’m not sure”

“Oh” Jenny’s face fell in disappointment, clearly seeing her route to an introduction to her number one crush disappearing.

“Well never mind”

“Good footie player is he?” Belle asked as she logged into her emails.

“Oh I wouldn’t know” Jenny sighed, already head deep in paper work once more.

“I don’t understand the rules. I only watch because he’s so gorgeous!”

“Right” Belle chuckled as she found her email inbox empty bar a few spam emails offering to extend parts of the anatomy as a woman she didn’t possess anyway.

She sighed as she selected them all with four clicks of her mouse and pressed delete, sending them to oblivion.

In London she’d always arrived in the office to at least one email from Aden. Maybe two. On one occasion there had been seven. She’d been out late at a work do and he’d clearly missed her.

Today there was nothing.

She clicked on the button inviting her to compose a new email and set her fingers to work typing.

You never send me emails anymore Jefferies she punched out on the keys as she grinned to herself.

A girl can start to think you don’t love her anymore you know.

She pressed send just as Jenny turned her attention back to her.

“You don’t have any younger brothers or sisters who might know him do you?”

“Someone’s looking very happy with himself today” Joey looked at him expectantly as they began to walk home together. Living only a few blocks apart they’d gotten into a routine of walking and

chatting after practice each day.

“Well I scored out there today, weren’t you watching?”

“Oh I was watching” Joey grinned.

“I’m just not sure it was scoring out there that’s put that huge smile on your face if you catch my drift”

“Just friends Jo” he objected even though he would happily tell the whole world that Belle was his girl.

“In fact she was helping me pick out the prettiest internet bride just last night!”

“Right” Joey chuckled.

“So you’re going ahead with that? Don’t you think it’ll get kind of messy? You know what with the divorce and everything when you and Belle finally get a clue!

“Are you calling me clueless Joey Collins?”

“Totally!” she exclaimed in disbelief.

“You’ve got a hot girl living in your house, a girl you’re completely in love with and you’re happy just being friends?”

“You think Belle’s hot huh?” he smirked.

“Well she’s not my type” she confessed.

“But I can see why you’d find her attractive”

“We’re not friends” he admitted finally, unable to keep it to himself a minute longer without spontaneously combusting and knowing he could trust her.

“You’ve fallen out already?! Aden!” Joey sighed dramatically,

“No of course not!” he laughed.

“We’re not friends Jo” he repeated.

“We’re more than friends, way more” he spelt out to her.

“Oh!” she exclaimed with a broad grin as the penny dropped.

“Well that didn’t take you long did it?”

“A minute ago you were goading me for not moving fast enough and just being friends!” he laughed in disbelief.

“I can’t win!”

“Sounds to me like you already won” Joey smiled genuinely.

“You let your girlfriend go and move to the other side of the world... and she came back to you”

“I did win, didn’t I?” he grinned.

“But don’t tell anyone, we’re keeping it just between us”

“And how long did you last?”

“It’s been four days!” he protested with a chuckle.

“But I’m pretty sure Belle’s told Irene, even if she’s pretending that she hasn’t. So I’m sure I’m allowed a person too”

“And you chose me as your person?” Joey smiled softly.

“Well, you’re the only one here” he smirked nudging her shoulder playfully and almost causing her to topple off the edge of the kerb.

“And I need your help”

“I knew there would be a catch!” she laughed as she regained her balance.

“You can cook right?”

“Yes, sort of” she replied hesitantly.

“I’m no chef but I manage”

“Ok I’ll rephrase that question. You can cook something other than pasta right?”

“Well of course! You’re the one with the menu limited to little Italy Aden!”

“Exactly and Belle knows that. It’s her first day at work and I want to do something nice for her, make her dinner. Wine her and dine her a little you know?”

“And you want me to cook?! Aden, that’s cheating!”

“No, I want you to show me how to cook” he explained, guiding her up to his front door even though she hadn’t said yes yet and they usually said their goodbyes at this point.

“And what do I get out of it?”

“Well” he smirked mischievously.

“I promise never to tell Belle about your little crush on you know who”

“I don’t have a crush on Voldemort Aden!”

“You know exactly who I mean Jo!” he teased evilly.

“Alright!” she gave in, her cheeks bright red.

“But as well as Belle you better never tell her either”

“I haven’t up to now have I?”

“No” she nodded in agreement "And it better stay that way.

“Oh it will I promise”

“You’re going to say that though aren’t you” she laughed as they set to work in the kitchen.

“You have to in a room full of knives and other sharp implements”

“We’re going to need knives?!” he asked in mock horror.

“Yes” she laughed.

“Is that a problem?”

“It could be” he laughed to himself quietly.

“I think Belle’s sold them all on ebay”.

ABSOLUTELY FANTABULOUSLY BRILLIANT and thank you :D

I loved every single letter of the update had me LOLing (really, my neighbours must think Im mad)

This is my favouritest fan fic of all time. :lol:

Loving the fact that Belle was late for work and the reason why :wub: and the way you wrote it so we know what she was thinking and what she was telling her work. Loved it! The image of Aden just out of the shower too :wub:

Archived