Sleeping Arrangements

Guest Louise_2983

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay! A fic of yours I can get behind. I'm glad. It's been a while.

I was shocked but extremely pleased to find Mattie, Ric and Joey's names as the other characters.

Chapter 1

Usually, in fics and on the show, they, and most other couples too, are either together and blissfully happy or apart and heartbroken. I like this, it's different. The feelings are clearly still there but it doesn't stop them from being able to be friends that can joke around and just be happy in each others company.

Loved the banter. You never go wrong there. I have no idea how you manage to come up with all this these witty replies and comebacks.

Poor Belle. Thinking he didn't miss her as much.

I will choose to ignore the idea of a grown man who once had a wife and child and a ton of life experience 'going strong' with a perky blond who has as much maturity as a ten year old. And couldn't deal with real issues of her life depended on it. Apart from a rockstar/groupie kind of thing the fact that these two types of people could or would ever have much to do with each other doesn't exactly seem believable, to me anyway.

Chapter 2

Some awesome, and slightly flirty, banter is definitely a great way to start a chapter.

Mrs Dalby. Their married, thats nice. And she's too pregnant too. I love it.

:lol: at Belle for being so slow in picking up the fact that Mattie was pregnant. And to think she once worked as a journalist.

Loved the Aden and Ric scene. I like the fact that Aden actually has a male friend. Thats a nice change.

I enjoyed the first two chapters. I'm looking forward to seeing where you're going with this. And I can't wait to see how you are going to bring Joey into this and the role she is going to play.

Whee, a new Louise fic; and i love this one, haha!

it's a little along the lines of the fic i'm currently working on [but haven't started posting yet] - ish!

Loving this one though; even more so than your other one that I'm addicted to; cause it's great to see mattie & ric back! :D

[and i'm not a liam fan :P]

moreeeee! :wub:

Yay! A fic of yours I can get behind. I'm glad. It's been a while.

I was shocked but extremely pleased to find Mattie, Ric and Joey's names as the other characters.

Yay I lured you back with Adelle fluff :) It's nice to have your feedback again, I'm glad you're enjoying it. Rest assured Liam and Nicole won't be featured at all and mentioned only briefly so hopefully I won't annoy you too much.

Thanks for all the lovely comments everyone :)

I am so glad I read this today it has made a terrible day brilliant. Love all the fluff and banter. Its brilliant and had me laughing all the way through. I don't know how you do it, every fic is fabulous :D and I love them all

Chapter 3/?

“Argh!”

“Matilda? Is everything ok in there?” Belle called through the bathroom door as she heard her friend yelp.

The door flew open to reveal an exasperated Matilda fighting with her jeans.

“My zip broke. I’m barely eight weeks pregnant and I’m already busting out of my jeans!”

Belle couldn’t help but laugh at the distressed look on her friend’s face.

“It’s not funny! I’m fat and now I have to sit through dinner with my jeans hanging open!”

“You’re not fat Matilda!” Belle protested.

“You’re pregnant and you’re going to get a lot bigger and nothing is going to fit so you better get used to it!”

“There it is!” Matilda exclaimed sarcastically.

“There’s the reason I was so happy you were back, you always know how to make me feel so good about myself!”

“Mattie” Belle simply smiled at her best friend.

“You’re going to be a mum”

“Yeah, I am” she grinned, her hand sliding over her tummy protectively.

“Come on” Belle ordered, looping her arm through Mattie’s as the blonde tried to arrange her long top so no one would be able to see the damage to her zipper.

“I’m sure I’ve got a safety pin in the bedroom you can hold them together with”

“Yes!” Matilda grinned teasingly.

“I only wore these tiny jeans so I could get a nosy round the bedrooms”

“You should have just asked” Belle grinned as she pushed open the bedroom door.

“I think Aden’s well rehearsed in showing pretty girls around this place”

“Jealous much?” Matilda asked with a chuckle before her face fell in disappointment.

“Oh”

“Oh what?”

“Well it’s just, this looks like a guest room”

“Well what did you expect? I am a guest after all”

“I expected you to be sleeping in Aden’s room!” she told her matter of factly as she slumped down onto the king sized bed.

“I wanted a peek inside the bedroom of a celebrity”

“Firstly” Belle sighed.

“Never call him the C word to his face, his head’s big enough already. And secondly, it’s Aden the bed’s not made, there are dirty socks all over the floor and the curtains haven’t been opened since he

moved in!”

“Huh” Matilda sighed in disappointment.

“It’s never like that on Cribs!”

“And why did you think I’d be sleeping in his room anyway?!” Belle exclaimed and Matilda struggled to decipher whether she was offended by the assumption or just annoyed that she wasn’t sleeping in

his room.

“I guess I just assumed now you were back, you two would be back on”

“Why? We broke up” the brunette question as she located a safety pin in her half unpacked luggage and handed it over.

“Yeah but not really...”

“Mattie! We broke up, for real! I moved to the other side of the world!”

“But you only broke up because you were leaving and to be honest the whole thing from break up onwards has just been really weird” Matilda confessed as she pinned her jeans together.

“What? Why? Weird how?”

“Well one minute you’re completely in love with each other, living together, getting along like a house on fire, everyone is just waiting for you to announce that you’re engaged or that you’re pregnant

and then the next minute instead of any of those things you tell us that you’re breaking up!”

“I wanted to go to London” Belle shrugged slightly sadly.

“And Aden had his footie career to pursue over here. It made sense”

“No it didn’t” Matilda half laughed.

“What would have made sense would have been you two fighting over who was going to give in. Was he going to London or were you staying here? Who loved the other one more and was going to

make the big grand gesture, the ultimate sacrifice? You used to fight over everything but the one thing that should have caused the biggest fights left you both calmer than I’ve ever seen either of you

before. It was like you just gave up on this amazing relationship that you’d fought so hard to get to where it was”

“I guess” Belle sighed softly Matilda’s words striking a chord with her.

“I guess we just decided it was time to handle things like grown ups for a change”

“Please!” Mattie rolled her eyes towards the heavens as she scoffed.

“You and Aden? Playing grown ups? Belle, you’re both big kids, you squabble over everything, you fight just so you can make up later, you tease each other mercilessly 24/7 and neither of you would

have it any other way. Because that’s what you love about each other”

“We broke up” Belle repeated quietly.

“We broke up and we’re not sharing a bed ok?”

“Ok” Matilda nodded.

“But if all you wanted was a room you could have stayed with me and Ric, I know our humble little abode isn’t on the same level as this little palace Aden’s got going on but you’re always welcome”

“I know” Belle smiled softly.

“And I’m grateful. But I missed him Mattie and just being here with him, as friends, is really nice”

“Friends?” Matilda arched her eyebrows at her knowingly.

“Yes Friends! If this past year has shown me anything it’s that no matter what happens, underneath it all, Aden and I are friends” she smiled softly.

“Good friends”

“And that’s weird too”

“What?! Why?”

“Because you were so in love with each other! Mad, passionate, drive each other crazy in love with each other and then when you were on opposite sides of the world, when you should have been

heartbroken and pining for each other, when it should have been painful just to think about the other person, you kept in touch! You sent emails and did the whole webcam thing like it was all completely

normal and you’d never been anything more than friends. And that was just plain weird Belle”

“It helped” she whispered.

“It helped to know that he was ok and it helped me to be ok to see him and hear his voice and it helped when he put little smiley faced emoticons in his emails just for me even though I know he thinks

they’re stupid”

“Belle” Matilda sighed.

“I know ok! I know! But I had to go to London Mattie, it was the best thing for me and staying here was the right thing for Aden to do. To move forwards in both of our lives we had to move away from

each other but that didn’t mean I had to cut him out of my life completely. We’re friends, which is better than the alternative”

“For now”

“Matilda!”

“Well, you’re back here now. Not even just in Australia, but in Perth the city Aden moved to. In his house! And did you even consider another guy whilst you were in London?”

“Well there wa-”

“Don’t even think about using that Tom guy as an example because going on a date and bailing half way through so you could go home and webcam Aden does not count!”

“I didn’t do that!”

“Only because he was at practice so you had to make do with phoning me instead!”

“Ok so there wasn’t anyone but I was only there for a year and I was really busy with work”

“Seriously how long does it take to press the button on a camera?” Matilda teased.

“And a year is a long time in Belle Taylor’s love life, you went through half our school mates in a year back in the day!”

“Look just because you’re pregnant and I can’t hurt you it doesn’t mean you can make comments like that!” Belle smarted but struggled not to laugh.

“Just don’t lose him because you’re too busy playing the friend role when really you want more” Matilda smiled softly.

“I just want you to be happy Belle and Aden does that for you, that smile on your face...he was the one who put it there I know it”

“Maybe he was and who knows maybe now I’m back here we will get back together eventually” she smiled back at her friend.

“But I think we both need time to work out just what it is we want and need. Jumping straight back into a relationship or even just into bed with each other would not be healthy right now”

“You know what?” Matilda smiled almost proudly.

“I was wrong Belle, you’re not just playing at being grown up. You are grown up”

“Ok, fess up!” Matilda exclaimed as she and Belle came back downstairs and the boys suddenly went quiet.

“What were you two talking about that you don’t want us to over hear?”

“We were just talking about...erm...”

“Chess!” Ric helped Aden out with a grin.

“Chess?! Ric, you don’t even know how to play chess”

“And you struggle with noughts and crosses!” Belle teased Aden.

“Well, turns out I’m a better player than Aden here” Ric smirked taking Matilda’s hand in his own and gazing at their wedding rings next to each other.

“He was just trying to figure out his next move”

“Ahhh!” Matilda grinned knowingly as she perched on Ric’s knee and Belle tried to pretend she wasn’t listening.

“Well Belle and I were just discussing how unhappy she is with the sleeping arrangements”

“Matilda!” Belle hissed in disbelief.

“Belle” Aden sighed.

“I told you that you could have the other room if you wanted it, I’ve changed the sheets since Nic was here...or at least my cleaning lady has”

“Oh it’s not that” Matilda grinned cheekily.

“It’s just that bed’s so big for just one person”

“Mattie!”

“Oh let her have her fun Belle” Aden rolled his eyes slightly as Belle blushed.

“You’d be teasing her if she was living with her ex boyfriend”

“But she’s not is she?” Belle asked spitefully.

“She’s living with my ex boyfriend!”

Matilda gasped audibly as Ric shook his head with a chuckle.

“Low blow Belle, low blow”

“Serves her right”

“How about we change the subject hey?” Aden suggested cautiously.

“Because I don’t know about Matilda here but I definitely don’t want to be hearing about you and Ric getting it on”

“Oh but it makes for such good listening!”

“BELLE!”

“Ok! Ok! I’m joking!” she laughed at the three opened mouth faces staring back at her in disbelief before she followed Aden into the kitchen and poured herself another drink.

“Wait!” she exclaimed as he loaded some cutlery into the dishwasher.

“Have you licked this?” she asked retrieving a spoon.

“Erm... I think so, I used it for the sauce, why?” he asked suspiciously.

“Oh I’m just going to sell it on ebay, I’ll get a fortune” she grinned.

“In fact, whilst I’m here I’m going to sell off everything you own bit by bit so you don’t actually notice until you wake up one morning and all your things have disappeared. I could probably earn enough

to get myself a pad like this one if I sell off everything touched by star footie player Aden Jefferies!”

“I’ve touched you” he smirked playfully.

“You gonna list yourself on ebay too?”

“Nah!” she laughed.

“No one would ever be able to afford to meet my reserve price”

“Damn right they wouldn’t!” he nodded and before he even knew what he was doing he had pressed his lips to her hair in a kiss, his fingertips tangling themselves in her dark tresses for the briefest of

moments.

“Erm, I better get these to our guests” he nodded awkwardly to the hot plates he had picked up off the counter.

“Yeah course” she replied as he hurriedly left the kitchen and she simply smiled happily to no one but herself.

Aww just read the chapters. My favourite bit from this chapter is this

“Wait!” she exclaimed as he loaded some cutlery into the dishwasher.

“Have you licked this?”

“Erm... I think so, I used it for the sauce, why?” he asked suspiciously.

“Oh I’m just going to sell it on ebay, I’ll get a fortune” she grinned.

“In fact, whilst I’m here I’m going to sell off everything you own bit by bit so you don’t actually notice until you wake up one morning and all your things have disappeared. I could probably earn enough

to get myself a pad like this one if I sell off everything touched by star footie player Aden Jefferies!”

“I’ve touched you” he smirked playfully.

“You gonna list yourself on ebay too?”

“Nah!” she laughed.

“No one would ever be able to afford to meet my reserve price”

“Damn right they wouldn’t!” he nodded and before he even knew what he was doing he had pressed his lips to her hair in a kiss, his fingertips tangling themselves in her dark tresses for the briefest of

moments.

This is just really fun. Classic Adelle banter. Hope you update again soon x

Archived