Sleeping Arrangements

Guest Louise_2983

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you everyone :) Originally this was meant to be a short 2-3 parter but the replies I've had have really inspired me and it seems to have turned into something more. I hope you continue to enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it :)

Chapter 4/?

“Come on sleeping beauty” he nudged her gently.

“Time to go up to bed”

“Huh?” she asked as her eyes slowly opened and she glanced around the room as if trying to decipher where she was.

“I said time for bed” he smiled softly at her as she sat up, still disorientated and he continued to kneel by the sofa next to her.

“Have Mattie and Ric left?”

“Yeah” he laughed quietly.

“About an hour ago. When you started to snore they realised their wit and conversation wasn’t quite doing it for you”

“I snored?” she asked in horror.

“Oh no”

“Of course you didn’t snore I’m joking!” he grinned that heart stopping grin that made her melt.

“But I still fell asleep! That was so rude of me!”

“You’ve had a long day, they weren’t offended”

“I’ll still have to grovel tomorrow” she chuckled softly to herself knowing that Matilda would wind her up about this for weeks.

“Well you know I’m pretty offended too you know” he smirked.

“You clearly have no interest in me. Admit it you only want me for my real estate”

“Well now you mention it” she rolled her eyes teasingly.

“It’s so good to have you here” he smiled sincerely as she rubbed her eyes tiredly.

“That’s the general idea” she smirked.

“You’ll have signed this place over to me and be drowning your sorrows to Kanye West’s Golddigga in no time!”

“Well it’s better than James Blunt I suppose”

“That’s the spirit” she tilted her head back as she laughed in amusement and he simply watched her with a content smile resting on his lips.

“Aden, do you think this is weird?” she suddenly blurted out the question that had been bugging her all night

“What?”

“Me? Here? Living in your house? When we broke up a year ago? Us being friends? Do you think it’s weird? Because Matilda seems to”

“Why would I think it was weird Belle?”

“I don’t know” she shrugged.

“We broke up and apparently that means we shouldn’t be friends and I definitely shouldn’t be here, or at least I shouldn’t feel so comfortable staying here. I should be heartbroken and pining away for

you”

“Well, I’ll go into the other room and you can pine away if you want” he smirked and earned himself a playful slap on the arm.

He caught her hand and held it in between his own, rubbing his thumb softly over her knuckles.

“It’s not weird” he whispered with a soft smile.

“It’s not weird at all. I’ve missed you and having you here is really nice”

“It is nice” she nodded with a grin.

“And why shouldn’t we be friends?” he questioned as he continued to caress her hand with his own.

“We had the most amicable break up of anyone I know. We didn’t fight, we didn’t hurt each other, We just broke up. That doesn’t mean we never have to speak to each other again”

“That’s good” she smirked, rubbing her own thumb over the palm wrapped around her hand.

“Because otherwise we’ve been breaking the rules pretty much every single day since we broke up”.

“We did talk a lot” he laughed.

“Not the same though” she shook her head slowly.

“Not the same as being here with you”

“No” he agreed, shaking his head in a mirror image of her movement.

“No, it wasn’t. You can’t hit me for making cheeky comments when you’re on the other side of the world” he smirked mischievously.

“I didn’t miss your violent streak. Although, the Facebook poking is something I’d like to explore further. I never did quite understand that, you might have to explain it to me. Give me a demonstration

perhaps?”

“Shut up!” she laughed before sighing softly.

“I missed you Aden”

“I missed you too” he murmured still holding her hand close to him.

“And no disrespect to Matilda but I don’t care what she or anyone else thinks. I’m really happy that you’re here and as long as you’re happy with the situation too then that’s all that matters. Let people

think what they want hey?”

“Yeah” she smiled back at him.

“I just didn’t want to be imposing and taking over your house if really you were just too polite to tell me that you didn’t want me here”

“Belle, I offered didn’t I? In fact from what I remember you were the one who took some persuading not to check into a hotel until you found a flat”

“I just don’t want to be in the way”

“Belle!” he sighed in exasperation.

“You’re not in the way, you’ll never be in the way, If you weren’t staying here you’d be running up some massive phone or internet bill in your hotel room talking to me so you may as well just be here,

it’s cheaper!”

“And you can’t hold my hand over the phone or the internet” she mumbled, her lips kicking into a tiny smile.

“Exactly” he grinned back at her.

“I really did miss you” she sighed softly again.

“Well, who wouldn’t?” he grinned before pressing a kiss to her knuckles and letting her hand go.

“Now I really think you should go to bed, you’re exhausted. You’re here, I’m happy about it and you’re happy it about it so we have no problem, no problem at all”

“Except for how big my bed is” she whispered slightly seductively and his eyes widened a little in shock.

“Belle, what are you saying?” he questioned, his heart throbbing against his chest.

“Nothing” she suddenly back tracked.

“It’s just jet lag, ignore me”

“Ok” he nodded, his heart slowing back down but dropping a little.

“But if you need me, I’m just in the attic right?”

“Yeah, I know” she smiled getting to her feet and pressing her soft lips against his cheek.

“You and Anne...Night Aden”

“Night Belle” he whispered with a frustrated sigh as she disappeared up the spiral staircase.

“Sweet dreams”

“ARGH!” Belle yelled as she flung the door wide open.

“Joey! Don’t you realise we’re not actually meant to see the 5 o’clock that occurs in the morning?!”

“Sorry!” the brunette hurried to apologise as she hovered on the doorstep.

“I completely forgot you were arriving yesterday. I wouldn’t have pounded on the door or shouted so loudly if I’d remembered”

“What are you doing here at this really unsociable hour anyway?”

“Nice to see you too, after all this time, Belle” Joey retorted slightly sarcastically. They hadn’t seen each other since Joey had left Summer Bay after her break up with Charlie all those years ago and

Belle wasn’t exactly being welcoming.

“Sorry” Belle sighed.

“But I had a really long flight and I’ve never been a morning person anyway”

“Isn’t it like 9pm UK time?” Joey laughed.

“I don’t know” Belle snapped.

“I don’t care. All I know is that in Belle time it’s bed time”

“I am sorry” Joey smiled softly.

“I didn’t mean to wake you but Aden and I are meant to be going for a run and I know that rousing him is like trying to wake the living dead” she laughed.

“He’s never up when I arrive, I bet he hasn’t even woken up now has he?”

“I don’t know, I didn’t check I just came straight down”

“Oh I just assumed you’d be in his room...”

“Oh my god! I wish everyone would just stop making assumptions!”

“Sorry” Joey sighed again, not sure she should open her mouth anymore given she didn’t appear to be able to do anything right.

“No, I’m sorry” Belle sighed guiltily.

“I’m just tired and grumpy and the sleeping arrangements are somewhat of a touchy subject which everyone seems to have an opinion on right now. It is nice to see you Joey, or at least it would

have been in about...oh I don’t know another seven hours or so”

“Sorry!” Joey chuckled but her apology was flippant this time.

“You go back to bed, I’ll wake him up”

“I don’t think that’s a good idea” Belle warned as Joey headed for the stairs.

“He sleeps naked you know”

“No I didn’t” she laughed.

“But you obviously do”

“Well, we were together for years!” Belle tried to defend herself but still ended up blushing as Joey laughed.

“Belle, I’m the team physio. I travel with them, spend half my time in the locker room. At one point or another I think I’ve probably seen them all naked!”

“You have most women’s dream job!” Belle exclaimed in mock envy.

“And it’s wasted on you!”

“That’s what everyone says” Joey laughed.

“Not looking for an assistant are you?”

“Not one who’s only qualified to take photographs”

“Hey! You get to go in the locker room! I’d say a camera was an essential tool of the trade!”

“No flash photography allowed in the locker room I’m afraid” Joey sighed as if that was the only thing stopping her from signing Belle up as her assistant there and then.

“No” Aden chuckled as he suddenly appeared on the stairs.

“We’re too busy flashing other stuff. Not that Jo here ever notices”

“It’s not that I don’t notice” Joey grinned cheekily.

“It’s that nothing I notice is worth commenting on!”

“Ooooh” Belle gasped in amusement as Aden smarted in defeat.

“Morning gorgeous” he whispered in her ear so low that Joey couldn’t decipher his words.

Or if she did she chose to pretend not to.

“So I didn’t dream it, you really are here?”

“No” she shook her head walking away from him and beginning to ascend the stairs.

“I’m not here, I’m upstairs in bed and I will be there at least until Matilda arrives at noon!”

“They’re going shopping already!” Aden rolled his eyes at Joey.

“She hasn’t even been back in the country twenty four hours yet!”

“Well you want me to come to this team function or whatever it is tonight! I need something to wear. I’d happily just stay here to be honest”

“You’ll enjoy it” he protested.

“Trust me”

“I do trust you but I won’t know anyone and I’m hardly WAG material am I?”

“WAG?” he looked at her as if she were insane.

“WAG” she nodded.

“It’s an acronym, Wives and Girlfriends. That what they call the other halves of footie players in the UK...although technically that’s soccer but whatever. They all totter around in skimpy clothes with

false nails and little dogs in their handbags and that’s not me so if you’re teammates other halves are like that then I’m in trouble! And I’m not even a WAG anyway! I’m not your wife or your

girlfriend!”

“Belle!” He exclaimed before she continued any further with her rambling.

“Everyone’s really nice and normal and no one needs reporting to the RSPCA. And if you don’t want to talk to them you don’t have to. You know me and you know Joey here”

She looked from Aden to Joey and back again as if she was considering whether they were a good enough lure.

“There’s a life size chocolate fountain” Aden grinned playing his trump card.

Belle continued on her way up the stairs.

“Well why didn’t you just say that in the first place Jefferies?

“So” Joey looked at him, her eyebrows arched, when Belle was out of earshot.

“Separate bedrooms?”

.”Don’t you start as well Collins!” he sighed.

“Well, she didn’t seem too happy about it”

“It was you waking her up she was unhappy about”

“Yeah, I guess it was” Joey smirked as they headed out of the house for their run.

“Because if it had been you delivering her wake up call, I think it would have been a completely different story!”

Oh yes Aden delivering the wake up call would be an entirely different story :lol:

If only you could book an Aden wake up call *mind wanders* :ph34r:

To have Joey's job...... *mind wanders again*

I'm thinking there will be sweet dreams tonight - thanks Louise

Loved it and soooooo glad that you are extending it :D Can't wait for more

*sigh* i'm loving this fic!!!!!!!!!!! its just brilliant!

OMG Joey has the best job in the whole entire world!!! *mind wonders* :ph34r:

loving the Adelle banter and cuteness...

and Aden sleeps naked...some very useful info there :D :D

brililant

x

Archived