Glee

Jayde

It's a pity you've warmed to Charice though. This ep was her first and final appearance on Glee this year.

What? Really? Since she's now at Vocal Adrenaline and still at McKinley I assumed we would be seeing more of her *shrugs*.

Not the case. She's not at McKinley anymore. She's transferred to the school that Vocal Adrenaline belongs to, but we won't be seeing them until after Sectionals next year in January/February.

Oh, I see. Thanks for the info. It's just that they made a fairly big deal about her joining the cast that I assumed we would be seeing more of her. It makes me miss my JGroff though :(. Jesse was Vocal Adrenaline.

Re: The new songs;

Toxic Season2 = Push It Season1. I'm looking forward to seeing Rachel do Baby, One More Time. Stronger makes me excited! Yay Artie! Me Against the Music, again I'm kind of excited to see how they do the video, more than the actual sound of it. HeMo and Naya sound decent together so it should be good. Apparently Lea Michele lobbied for The Only Exception, which I guess is fitting because it's the only Paramore song in a Britney themed episode. I don't really like Paramore at all, but if anything can turn me around from despising a song to liking it, it's Glee.

It was weird for me to finally listen to the songs. They are all such iconic Britney songs that it sounds strange to not hear her sing them. I do think that Heather sounds a little bit like Britney, though. I love Paramore but I'm not looking forward to yet another Finn&Rachel duet. There have been far too many of them already during the series. I'd like to hear them sing with others a bit more.

Been listening to the Britney covers non-stop and my fave is definitely Stronger. Kevin McHale <333. But I also really like Toxic and can't wait to see the performance. It looks pretty epic.

There are also rumours that there will be second Britney episode later this year as well. Which, I hope they do 'Oops ...' and Womanizer, and maybe Circus.

If it's true.

Secondly, and quite possibly the most amazing news ever is THIS!!! Warning: Rumours and spoilers if you click the link. But if it's true then it may just be the greatest thing to ever happen because it's two of my fandoms colliding and exploding into rainbows in front of my face.

... I'm a little excited, okay?

LOL. I've just seen the promo for next weeks episode. I cant wait. It looks funny, but with a little sad thrown in.

- Puck singing Billy Joel's 'Only the Good Die Young'. YES. Love this song.

- Finn finding Jesus. Literally. On a toasted sandwish. lmfao.

- The Glee kids singing Joan Osborne's 'One of Us'. Another big YES.

- and the sad. Kurt's dad in hospital and everyone thinking he is going to die. :-(

And can i just say, damn Heather Morris (Brittany) can dance. That girl has all the right moves. Way jealous!

Okay, so I've watched Britney/Brittany three times now and finally reckon I can string some sentences together to make coherent thoughts. Don't hold your breath though.

- I have a girl crush on Heather Morris. How is she so wonderful? I was so excited and blown away by her dancing. Seriously. Slave 4 U was incredible, I was completely mesmerised. HeMo is awesome and I adore how she can just say things with such a stright face. Favourite quotes include; "I'm Brittany ... b*tch", "Are you are cat?" "I'm more talented than all of you", "Next week I'll be performing a musical number by Kesha", and something about the spaceship where she got probed. Also, that whole reveal that her full name is Brittany S. Pearce (spelling?) and that's why she hates Britney Spears. Personally, I think Ryan Murphy should have kept the running joke that Brittany doesn't have a surname, but the Brittany Spears gag is still amusing. Mostly by the way HeMo said it. All with such a straight face and sincerity. And then turning to Santana ("Leave Brittany alone") and saying "Thank you for understanding." It was awesome!

- Me Against the Music was fierce too. I really liked the Britney cameo at the end. Santana cracked me up as well, and I don't normally find her character all that funny. But "Seriously, you can drill me whenever -" and "My dad's a real doctor, not a 'tooth doctor'" was great. And Naya can dance as well.

- Baby, One More Time was pretty much as I expected. Lea Michele is flawless, but I feel like the writer's completely screwed with both Finn and Rachel's character's in this episode. Like Rachel went all the way from wanting Finn to feel bad so he wouldn't look at cheerleaders, to dressing up to impress him and turn the eyes of other guys, back to letting him go and do what he wanted anyway. Same with Finn, that whole conversation about "You could have defended me", "Santana has a point. Just being honest" seemed really cruel and un-Finn-like. But still, the writer's get points for continuity. Thumbs up for mentions of the sad clown hooker and Finn's fling with Brittany and Santana. I'm starting to think I liked Finn/Rachel better when Finn was with Quinn and Rachel was just pining.

- The thing about this episode was it went by really fast. Or at least, it seemed to. The first half (maybe?) seemed very Brittany centred, which was amazing, and then it kind of swtiched to Will/Emma and Finn/Rachel, both of which I can't make my mind up about. It could have almost been two separate episodes played one after the other, because there seemed to be little run on, or overlying story.

- Artie is awesome. He high-fived Britney Spears. He wins at life. His version of Stronger was epic and reminded me of a boyband kind of sound, which is ironic because he used to be in a boyband.

- Kurt wins at life.

- And was he wearing a skirt?

- Toxic was brilliant, except all the points at which the camera went back to Jacob and that Team Edward girl. Jacob was funny at first when he was just running his blog and making stupid comments, but this episode he was just ... urgh. I do not want to see him naked. I especially don't want to see him ... j-jerking off during Toxic and screaming out loud. I was so happy when that guy punched him in the face, because if he hadn't, I would had tried to do it myself. Those two ruined the one awesome group number of the episode. Fail. I really hope at some point they realise the whole routine because I would really like to see it without all the interuptions.

- I think that is what this episode really lacked. Group interaction. Sure, they were all sitting in the choir room together, but did Mercedes actually say anything all episode? And even Puck only got one line? What is that? Ending with another Rachel solo isn't really what was needed.

- I've seen the preview for the next episode and I'm pretty sure I'm going to cry. That is all.

LOL. I've just seen the promo for next weeks episode. I cant wait. It looks funny, but with a little sad thrown in.

- Puck singing Billy Joel's 'Only the Good Die Young'. YES. Love this song.

- Finn finding Jesus. Literally. On a toasted sandwish. lmfao.

- The Glee kids singing Joan Osborne's 'One of Us'. Another big YES.

- and the sad. Kurt's dad in hospital and everyone thinking he is going to die. :-(

And can i just say, damn Heather Morris (Brittany) can dance. That girl has all the right moves. Way jealous!

I've been listening to the first one for 3 days.Freaking awesome.

I guess I should preface this by saying, I realise this episode hasn't aired in Australia yet, so I guess all of it is a spoiler. But it's available on iTunes, so whatever. I'll put spoiler tags around the major stuff, and read with caution.

I see a pattern emerging here. I watch Glee episodes four times before I comment. I guess it’s because the first time I’m thinking ‘OMG NEW GLEE GET IN MY FACE NOW’. The second time is a little calmer with ‘ooh, I didn’t see that last time.’ Then after the third I think I’m pretty much okay to make things coherent. Fourth is just for ... luck, I guess.

I knew what this episode was sort of about going in, so thought I was prepared. Spoiler: I didn’t make it out unscathed. Chris Colfer can make me cry. /sniffle

Grilled Cheesus. Oh, Finn. Only he could pull of that combination of naivety and optimism. It was amusing to see that ‘Grilled Cheesus’ was a trending topic on twitter and all the Glee fans were like ‘Woohoo!’ and then everyone else was like, ‘WTF is this but I’m hungry.’

Kurt/his dad always have wonderful scenes and I adore them both.

Puck: He’s coming out. Rachel’s face. Puck, how are you so awesome? Here’s the thing. Puck, I feel is underused. He has a reputation as a bad boy and sleeping around and was kind of put on the backburner for the first three episodes, and then

he comes out with this profound statement about spirituality and sings ‘Only The Good Die Young’ and I kind of like him a lot.

Give him more lines, RMurphy.

Here’s the part where I begin to fall to pieces because

Kurt is so upset and crying, and seeing him cry makes me all upset. Only Chris Colfer can handle himself in this way. Everything about Kurt in this episode I just ... I want to give him a hug, okay?

It’s very hard for any show, particularly a comedy, to tread the line of storylines involving faith - who has it, what is it, and what do you do with it, that kind of thing, and I think Glee did a good job.

I didn’t feel as though they were saying one religion is better than the others, or than you MUST believe in God. The message I got was that you needed to believe in *something*. Whether that is God, a higher power, or just in love and family.

I get the rest of the club want to help, but I don’t think Rachel singing a song at Burt’s bedside was the most effective. Especially since they did it without Kurt’s permission. Lea has a wonderful voice and I liked her and Finn in the park, but the bedside vigil was a little bit scary. Imagine if he woke up then and saw Rachel in his face. And then she was all “Whose next?”. But yes for Carol being there and remembering Quinn is Christian. I feel like maybe they could have explored this a bit more. But it is Glee after all. You can’t get everything. Sort of like Finn. He gets back to being quarterback, but only because Sam gets injured.

‘I Want To Hold Your Hand’. Me = A puddle on the floor. Baby!Kurt/Burt. It’s almost scary how much alike Chris and that kid look alike. A+ casting. And they were bike-riding and having tea parties and I was a mess. Chris Colfer has an incredible voice and can tell a story. His face is just so expressive. All he wants is for his dad to hold his hand - Guh! I’m gone.

‘Losing My Religion’ - I think this might be one of my favourite Finn solo songs. After ‘Jesse’s Girl’. It was kind of eerily appropriate, but way to go Finn, be a creeper on Kurt in the library. Spying on him behind bookshelves is totally normal.

Mercedes/Kurt have the greatest friendship. And he wears a fabulous hat.

Yay for more Sue back-story.

Jane Lynch you are all kinds of fantastic and can swiftly move from sarcastic dictator to sympathetic younger sister. I adore her interaction with Jean.

I’ve finally got myself back together again and then

Kurt is talking to his dad and apologising and just wanting him back. “I don’t believe in God, dad. But I believe in you. I believe in us. You and me, that’s what’s sacred to me.” Crying again. And then he squeezed his hand and everything was okay

<333.

Whaddup, Grilled Cheesus. You should give Chris Colfer an Emmy.

Favourite lines:

“Heart attacks are just from loving too much.” <333

“Last week we were too sexy, this week we’re too religious. We can’t win.” “Now I know what Miley feels like.”

--

I need episode 6 and 7 like crazy. Spoiler:

I’ve seen pictures of Darren Criss in a school uniform and he’s going to be singing lead on ‘Teenage Dream’ and that conjured up all sorts of amazing images in my mind.

Archived