Glee

Jayde

Oh hey, look. Jen is back with another long post.

I’m going to pretend that The Substitute didn’t happen. Except for the one scene with Kurt/Blaine/Mercedes at BreadStix. GaygaygaygaygaygaygayomgIopenmymouthandalittlepursefallsout. I literally could not stop laughing. It was quite possibly the funniest thing ever. And the Starkid in me squeed at “On the count of three name your favourite Vogue cover.” REDVINES! The writers had to know what they were doing there. Darren Criss you are a magical creature that I cannot believe is real.

--

Furt

Kurt’s precious little faaace. I can’t handle him already. With the hat he looks like he’s going to go walking in the snow with his little rosy cheeks. Too adorable. And then planning the wedding.

I’m ignoring the Sue marrying herself storyline, except for how she is an awesome principal. Way better than Figgins ever was. Particularly in dealing with the Kurt/Karofsky situation. And hey, Schue, nice job at actually being a teacher.

Karofksy legit scares me. I don’t care that he’s a closeted gay boy or whatever, he gives me the creeps.

Rachel why are you being awesome? I’m not used to this non-selfish side of you, and I really like it. I’ve liked the Rachel character development this season. Which is a weird thing to say, because Glee is not so good at the character stuff. But she’s had conversations about being a better person with Finn, and singing that duet with Kurt because they are more similar that he realises, it is just really wonderful.

Everyone is down on Finn. I get that they are saying he should stand up to Karofsky, but Karofsky wouldn’t listen anyway. He’s dealt it out to Finn before. But I guess if Finn said that instead of ‘it’s bad for my rep on the football team’ it would have gone over better with everyone involved. Oh, hey Mike Chang and Artie being awesome. And Puck totally wanted to get involved in that smack down. And I don’t think Sam getting involved was just from the bottom of his little heart. It was definitely self-motivating; in getting back is status as top dog on the football team and in glee club. I saw him have that little smirk after he got his black eye. He knew it would draw attention. I see what you’re up to, Sam.

Dance rehearsals are awesome. Burt is the greatest dad ever. And beating up on Karofsky is just plain great. Mike O’Malley always blows me away. And Karofsky’s dad is not weird or obnoxious or automatically thinks their child is always in the right. It’s a refreshing change. He is just a normal dad who wants to figure out what is going on with his son. Good parenting. While Glee might fail on their teachers, they make up for it in their awesome parents. Burt, Carole, and now Mr Karofsky. I’m impressed.

The WEDDING. I can’t handle the level of adorable. ‘Marry You’ and the dancing down the aisle was spectacular, especially Burt’s daggy dad dancing. Just heart can’t handle the cute. And if it couldn’t be more adorable, then Finn sings ‘Just The Way You Are’ and my eyes are literal hearts. I don’t know what to do with my hands, but I have this stupid grin on my face as he’s singing to Kurt and then dancing with him. I want to say so much about this scene in what Finn is doing for Kurt and just the commradry between the whole glee club.

But everything can’t stay glittery (Kurt wanted doves that poop glitter, okay? That is a perfectly reasonable thing to want) and rainbows forever. Karofsky is coming back (not cool) so Kurt is leaving and I get all sad. But then I remember Blaine and I’m super excited.

--

I’ve also seen Special Education, because Channel Ten are being stupid and not showing it until the New Year, which sucks. So I watched the stream online and I can’t handle the level of second-hand embarrassment for Kurt, but Blaine is looking at him like the sun shines out of his arse, and Rachel/Kurt friendship of epic proportions exists so I’m okay.

My excitement cannot be contained :D. Baby, It's Cold Outside video has been released and it is so many different kinds of adorable :wub:. It's like some kind of old-school romance, where one is pursuing the other, while still being classy and dignified and not rushing into things. Maybe I'm watching this with my tinhat firmly placed on top of my head, but seriously. Does it not look as though Blaine is pursuing Kurt? It's is so flirty and smiley and I keep hitting replay on the video.

In my mind Blaine has just suggested, 'Hey Kurt, we're all alone, let's just sing this fun, festive song.' And Kurt obliges, but while Blaine is playing off the lyrics of the song, there are a few moments where he drops his guard and his eyes flick to Kurt's lips and he pulls these little faces where it is blatantly obvious he actually cares about him. Kurt on the other hand, has had so many unrequited crushes that he's being extremely careful. He's seeing Blaine as a friend and companion and not considering the boyfriend thing at the moment. He's letting Blaine get flirty because it's the song, nothing more. Kurt is playing it coy and I'm so excited to see the context of this song within the episode. Blaine just keeps invading his personal space and plays the piano and I'm sad they cut the "Gosh, your lips look delicious" line, but I honestly don't think it needs it. This way it remains a bit ambiguous about who feels what and I'm begging for there to be more.

No, I didn't just hit replay again, why would you suggest that :blush:.

I'm still fangirling at Special Education.

That's all.

Puck and Rachel. :wub:

I'm annoyed at the whole Rachel situation. This show just doesn't want her to catch a break and I have a problem with that. She's my favourite character and I hate what they are doing to her.

That's all.

I'm annoyed at the whole Rachel situation. This show just doesn't want her to catch a break and I have a problem with that. She's my favourite character and I hate what they are doing to her.

Me to.I think a lot of it has to do with the fact Finn is a tool to her most of the time yet she seems to worship him.She seems to have lost a lot of her ambition this season.

On a much happier note there's a rumour of a Puckleberry duet in the second half of the season.It started with a pic of Lea standing next to Mark who had a guitar in his hand.Now someone has mentioned it on Twitter.Please RM?Pretty please!!!

That's all.

Couldn't agree more. I totally thought it was inapprpriate for Mr. Schue to yell at her like that, particuarly in front of the rest of the glee club. There is an effective way of speaking to students -- that isn't it. I feel like Schue is the worst teacher ever. He always goes on about glee being a family and was really good about supporting Kurt through his bullying situation, but then he turns around and does the equivalent to Rachel.

I adore Rachel's friendship with Kurt. All the scenes of the two of them together are always amazing. I wish the rest of the glee club could figure themselves out. At the end of season 1 they were prepared to go and bash up Jesse and the rest of Vocal Adrenaline for egging her, but Schue stopped them. Now, Quinn's saying she wants to punch her and Mercedes wants to preserve her in a jar. Yeah, that makes no sense. I just don't see what Rachel has actually done to warrant these attacks.

I think Glee does a lot of good things -- see Kurt/Blaine -- but then there are some horrible double standards. I can't help wondering if it's because there are three male writers working on the show.

Glee, why do you have to be so confusing?

The thing that triggered that comment was the whole situation with Finn. I'd waited all season for Finn sleeping with Santana to come out and to see Rachel's reaction and then they go and put it back on Rachel by making her cheat. Santana is awful to Rachel and I knew Rachel would hate it but it's like the show hates Rachel so much and loves Finn that they just have to make Rachel do something worse.

No teacher should let the kids do what they do to Rachel. She's ambitious and knows how good she is - I don't see what's wrong with that. She may be full on but that's why I love her. I love seeing strong female characters on tv.

Emma is so much better off with Carl. He's really good for her. She's so much more likeable when she's with him.

I wonder if Glee should try getting some new writers - just to change things up. They've got to try something imo. I don't know how long I will keep watching if they keep doing what they are doing to Rachel.

• 1 month later...

I'm loving this show haha. I only got into last week, I have already bought S1 on DVD and I'm now hoping Channel Ten or whatever to start S2 again.

I love Kurt, Artie, Brittany, Santana and Mercedes. Not a fan of Rachel cause of the many solos she gets but I love her with Finn :)

I have so much to say about this show but I will be awhile :P

For the first time this season I'm actually looking forward to the next episode.

NEED. YOU. NOW. OMG! I don't care who it's directed at, I just care that finally after one and a half seasons we are finally Mark and Lea singing together. Did I say OMG?!

Archived