Fan Fiction Recommendations Thread

Guest Skykat

Why do I keep forwarding sad fics?

Okay, this one is like.. genius. It's not so much about the description or dialogue. It's the meaning. There'll be a part in the story where you'll just.. click.. and it's so nice and sad at the same time. It's beautiful. Such a lovely belief to have.

Angels Walk Among Us - Symphony

J&M fics for the win! :cool:

awh, thank you so much, i only just saw this now - and, well, to be honest, i'm really chuffed that you recommended it! :)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are quite a few fics that I would recommend, but most of them have been already named so I'm not going to repeat it.

But there are two which I haven't seen in this thread which I would wholly recommend;

'An Australian Summer' by Symphony

'Plain Sailing' by bradyell

Both of these fics are written brilliantly, and their storylines are very original and captivating. If you haven't read them, and have a some spare time, I suggest you do. It's time that I doubt would be wasted. :lol:

Okay, this one is like.. genius. It's not so much about the description or dialogue. It's the meaning. There'll be a part in the story where you'll just.. click.. and it's so nice and sad at the same time. It's beautiful. Such a lovely belief to have.

Angels Walk Among Us - Symphony

I agree with everything you said. It's a very beautiful story. And it is nice to know angels walk among us. :)

J&M fics for the win! :cool:

On that note... :P

There are a few one shots I would recommend.

Sensitivity by Nicom

It's a re-write of Jack and Martha's first date with a great but unexpected twist. :lol:

After The Tone by Pengzilla

It's a very original one shot. It's also really sweet and funny You can check out her other fics too btw.

Always & Forever by KaitieL

This is set after Jack and Martha's reunion. Unfortunately, their happiness didn't last for long. It's a very sad one shot. The content may be unsuitable for younger readers though.

Broken by Lise

Jack just died and Martha is just thinking about him and life without him. Obviously, it's a sad fic. This is Lise's first fic but she wrote it so well.

And last but not least... a Matilda and Lucas fic:

Just Like Juno by Jen

If you've seen the movie Juno and you liked it and/or you liked Lucas and Matilda as a couple, I would recommend you to read this. Jen wrote Mattie's feelings really well.

I recommend:

And Just Like That - Everything Changes by KirstyEkua

It's reallly nice to read a fic not Adelle or JM centered. And although Tachel are the main focus i like how it includes Martha, Hugo and Leah and that Jack is mentioned as welll. It's beautifully written and really captures the moment. You feel like you're there. The description and emotions are so well done.

• 3 weeks later...

For any Rachel/Hugh fans I'd like to recommend Friends by Skykat. It's a look at how their friendship might have gone before Hugh came to the bay - one shot. And it's amazing. I've read it waaay too many times to count!

And I'm also jumping on the KirstyEkua bandwagon and recommending her Tony/Rachel, Martha, Leah/Hugo fic - And Just Like That Everything Changes. It's reeeally good.

• 5 weeks later...

I've been meaning to add to this for ages but never got round to it. :rolleyes: I've already mentioned my favourite authors being Eduardo Bearo, Skykat and Wanda, but I think a special mention should go to Eli too as her work is inevitably well written.

I'd also very highly recommend All That You Can't Leave Behind by Adia. What I love most about the story is that it has two original characters created by Adia herself. These are Nina and her brother Jake and the twist in the tale is that gang leader Johnny (remember Johnny Cooper, anyone? :P ) has, despite himself, fallen in love with Nina. But what will happen to Nina if The Gang find out? :ph34r: And how can he escape his own belief that loyalty to The Gang counts above everything else? Aside from other H&A characters who appear (Rocco, Jack, Martha etc) it stands out for me from all the other fics on this board because it's so very different and some of the descriptions and emotions wll take your breath away. :D

I recommend Drive me insane by Jen - Its a very good fiction, & a great read, she writes it really well and the discriptions of the characters are great, & she writes it from each of the characters points of view aswell, also if your were a fan of Drelle, then you'll like this fiction, plus it has Lucas and Cassie in it.

Archived