The Missing Pieces

Guest wrongturntaken

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last two chapters were brilliant.

I liked your take on Belle going to see Aden about beating up Axel alot better then the one on the show. No surprises there. Aden blaming himself was a nice twist.

I loved how you handled the kiss. The fact that you spent some time on Aden's nervousness about it was great. It's what always made me love that scene even more, how after all the cocky remarks and stuff when they were finally there he seemed almost unsure of himself. Which makes it all the more sweeter. I also love that Belle noticed it in him as well. You described both their feelings perfectly. The aftermath of it was done really well. Aden feeling the need to keep up a front was so like him. I liked that by the time he left they both had sort of eased up and was in a good mood. For a moment there it seemed like it was going to get abit angsty. The banter between them was just awesome. Belle and Mattie's talk was soooo good. Belle's denial was pretty funny. Mattie made some good points about him and how he's changed. And who knew, even Mattie thinks he's hot.

Please update soon.

"Truthfully…? I have never been kissed like that. He was just so… I can't even describe it Mattie. He was so caring and gentle. It was almost as though he was asking me if it was okay to do it. And the way he looked at me…" she sighed dreamily.

Gosh that had me squeeeeeeeeing like a teenager! :lol::wink:

Another brilliant chapter. I dunno what to say cos I doubt I'll be able to say just how much I loved it! Seriously, fantastic job. I think it was really in character and true to what happened in the show. I just wish this had been part of the show too!

xoxo

I am a teenager. I'm allowed to squeal. I did XD

Awww... :D How adorable. The description was so perfect and her talk with Mattie after was cute.

Update soon :D

OMG!! Belle makes me laugh, she so like Aden :wub: , if only she could admit it.

Love cocky Aden :lol:

I like that you are exploring some of the things we didn't see on the show, it's great.

looking forward to your next update.

I have just caught up on this and have to tell you that last chapter was BRILLIANT and should have been in H & A. Totally fantastic and extremely well written. Loved the convo between Mattie and Belle and just wow I don't know how you do it but don't stop EVER :)

Their first kiss between them sounded so much better than the one that was on the show, this is how it should of happened.

I loved the conversation between Mattie and Belle, that scene definiatley should have been on the show. Even Mattie thinks Aden's hot, what can I say, the girl's got good taste! :lol:

When will you be updating?

Can't wait for the next chapter were Irene, Annie and Geoff find out about Aden and Belle.

Sorry it's been a while, i lost the internet for a bit so haven't had a chance to upload this. Thank you for the comments and i'm really glad you're enjoying it. I wasn't sure about doing this this way so i might write an alternative one. This chapter takes place after 4672 (when Aden is angry at Belle for hiding the fact she knew about his father's drinking still. The scene in the diner when she asks Aden about his grandfather has happened and this kind of follows on from there). I hope you like it! :D

Warning: FLUFF!!!

Chapter 9.

"What?" Belle asked groggily as she opened her eyes and turned to see her secret new boyfriend, though she hadn't determined that that's absolutely what he was yet, laid next to her. After she had backed off comforting him when Irene appeared, it had taken several begging phone messages before he finally answered his ringing tone. She had convinced him to come over and they had made up. So now, the next morning, he was lying in her bed; propped up on one elbow, gazing at her. She could sense he'd been watching her sleep intently but couldn't tell just for how long.

"You're amazing," he whispered gently and she could see the truthful meaning of the words in his expressively honest features; a glint in his eye that she briefly thought looked somewhat like a distant pain.

A slow smile spread across her face as she hit his bare chest with a flat palm, trying to brush away the compliment, "Aden…"

"I mean it," he assured her, admiration showing in his eyes and stealing his expression with an intense ingenuity.

She gazed at him for a moment, "You know, you're not so bad yourself," she told him somewhat flirtatiously and was a little surprised as his face seemed to fall slightly at the reciprocation.

He let his elbow down and rolled onto his back to stare at the ceiling with a sigh, "Do you really mean that?" he asked the boundary to the room nervously.

Belle's look turned to one of worry, although it disappeared as she manoeuvred herself to hover above him, "Of course I do," she replied softly and then hesitated before adding humorously, "I wouldn't let you in my bed otherwise."

He laughed lightly, his eyes travelling to catch hers, as she bent down to give him a brief kiss. After smiling warmly at her for a moment longer and stroking a finger up and down the soft skin of her arm, a low level of nerves captured his presence once more, "Do you think then… maybe we could…"

Her face fell at his words and she finished the sentence for him slowly, "…tell people?"

He nodded, "I understand why you wanted to wait. I've done some things in the past Belle," he paused here, as if deciding on the best way to say what he wanted to, "Believe it or not; I'm not proud of them. And if I could take them back… then I would," he looked at her imploringly and Belle couldn't help the hint of an admiring smile glisten on her lips.

"Really?" she asked seriously; unable to stop the question escaping her as her eyes glanced around his face, searching for the truth.

He sighed in hesitation before answering, "Yes... I just…"

"Just what…?" she pushed; hoping he'd let her a little further in. Since they had made up, the topic of his upset over the mention of his grandfather had been avoided.

He sighed again deeply, "…nothing."

She let the topic lie, hoping to distract him from his original question at the same time, "You know… we should probably get up."

His eyes danced around her face as he looked at her adoringly and answered simply, "This is perfect… I don't want to move."

Belle smiled slowly and sighed, "Me neither… but unfortunately I have work and you have school. And you've got to leave before Irene comes knocking on my door."

He breathed deeply before relenting, "I guess."

"Good," she replied as she moved to get up. "Now come on."

As if on cue, the sound of Irene's knocking knuckles could be heard on the bedroom door.

"Quick!" Belle hissed to Aden as she found his T-shirt on the floor and threw it at him.

He scuffled out of the bed with a quiet laugh and put it on; now clearly finding the situation fairly amusing.

"Belle love, you're gonna have to come and eat breakfast now if you don't want to be late," Irene's voice floated through the door.

"Yeah, I'm just coming," Belle yelled back distractedly and she could tell Irene was narrowing her eyes on the other side of the door at her response. She turned her attention back to Aden and whispered in an amused annoyance, "It's inside out!"

"You just want me to keep it off, don't you?" he smirked as he removed the T-shirt to put it on the right way.

Belle rolled her eyes as Irene's voice rang out once more, "You know I don't believe you love, I bet you're still in bed…"

"I'm not Irene," Belle yelled back before looking at Aden commandingly. "Go!"

He moved towards the window, grabbing one trainer as he moved and putting it on.

"I'm coming in Belle," Irene called and Belle heard the click of the door handle slowly turning.

"Hurry up!" she whispered worriedly.

He didn't have time to put the other shoe on as she literally pushed him out the window. He climbed out then turned to face her, pecking her lips once before she had time to object and hiding beside the window outside the house so he was invisible to Irene as she entered the room.

"See, I'm up," Belle exclaimed, slightly out of breath, to her foster mother; having quickly turned around so she was stood in front of the window to face Irene. She glanced around the room and caught sight of Aden's other trainer clearly visible by the side of her bed. She managed to move across the room to stand in front of it, trying to be as inconspicuous as possible.

"Hmm," Irene replied disapprovingly, "Not dressed though. Come on girly, you don't have time to dilly dally."

"I know. I'll just hop in the shower and get dressed; then I'll be out." Irene raised her eyebrows. "I won't be late," Belle enforced firmly. "But I will if you don't let me get ready."

"Fine, I get the hint," Irene said as she left, "Don't be long."

Belle nodded as Irene closed the door. She picked up the trainer and then walked back to the window to open it. As she did so, Aden appeared there as she'd expected and she shoved the shoe into his chest.

He smirked at her before his expression turned slightly more serious, "Don't you think this kind of thing is a good reason to tell people?"

"Aden…"

"I'm not who I used to be, Belle. And if you can see that, maybe your family will too," he implored her softly.

She sighed slightly, "I'll think about it today."

"That's all I ask," he replied and then kissed her, letting it go on a little longer than intended.

"You're going to be late for school," she told him when he let her go.

"It'll be worth it," he said quietly but realising she was right, reluctantly took a step back, "I'll see you at the diner at lunch, okay?"

"Sure," she answered with a smile.

He gave her one more, quick peck before leaving so she could shut the window and get ready for work.

"Hey," Aden said quietly as he stepped up to the counter to order from Belle.

"Hey," she answered with a smile, glancing around to make sure no one was watching. "Can I get you something?"

"A kiss," he answered her suggestively.

"How about something you have to pay for?"

"Well I could pay for that, but I didn't think you were that kind of girl…"

"Aden!"

He laughed, "Actually I'm alright just seeing you."

"You can't stay in here if you're not going to buy anything," she told him firmly with raised eyebrows; placing her hands on her hips to emphasise her point.

"I'm staff!" he exclaimed incredulously.

"Well do something staff like then," she teased.

He strode passed her into the kitchen.

"What are you doing?"

"Checking the roster," he explained with a shrug of his shoulders as she followed him in. He glanced over the paper that told him when his shifts were before moving further into the kitchen and out of view of the customers, "Where's Irene?"

"At the bank," Belle answered as she followed him.

"Then I guess its okay to do this," he said suggestively, leaning towards her and capturing her lips with his. She began wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling him into her even more until something seemed to snap her out of it. "But Roman is outside."

He visibly groaned as he pulled away from her, "So did you think about what we were talking about this morning?"

She looked at him intently, "Yes."

"…and?"

"Yes."

A slow smile spread across his face, "You mean…"

"Are you free tonight?" she asked slightly nervously.

"You want me to be there?" he asked in surprise.

"Well, yeah, kind of… but I mean, I'd understand if you didn't want to…"

"No, I'll be there," he said supportively, taking her hand gently at her waist to show her he meant it.

"Thank you," she said as she smiled at him.

As they dropped into an easy silence, Aden unexpectedly bowed his head, "Belle, if you don't want to then… I didn't mean to pressure you…"

"Aden stop," she commanded, "…you didn't pressure me. I want to tell them," she reassured him.

He smiled gently; pushing a strand of loose hair behind her ear, "Good, because I really like you, Belle."

She smiled and answered him softly, "I really like you too."

"Irene?" Belle said; trying to catch the older woman's attention as she busied herself with pots and pans in the beach house kitchen; about to make dinner.

"Yes darl?" she answered her foster daughter distractedly.

"Are Geoff and Annie in tonight?"

"Annie's in her room and Geoff's at the gym, but he said he'd be back in time for dinner. Why?" she asked curiously.

"I have something I want to tell you all," Belle said; nerves radiating in her voice.

"Sounds serious," Irene commented.

"Well, I guess it kind of is…"

"Is it bad?" Irene had stopped what she was doing now and had turned to face the eldest of her kids with folded arms.

"No," Belle answered immediately but then added hesitantly. "…but I'm not sure you're going to like it."

"You're actually starting to worry me Belle, what is it?" Irene said seriously.

"It's really not something to worry about, I just have some news and I want to tell you all at the same time…" Irene sighed, "Alright then, you can help me make dinner in the mean time."

"Sure."

It was about seven when they had all finished eating and Belle was standing up facing Irene, Geoff and Annie who she had asked to sit down so she could tell them her news.

"Okay then Belle, hit us with it," Irene said.

Belle sighed lightly, wondering where Aden was as a gentle knock could be heard at the door.

"I'll go," Belle said quickly even as Irene had begun to get out of her seat and humphed that she was going to be waiting longer.

"Hey," Aden greeted Belle as she let him in.

"What took you so long?" she hissed in repsonse.

"Someone's on edge," he noted.

"Sorry, I just don't know how they're going to take this," she replied. "Come in."

He started to follow her when he was caught by Irene's attention, "Oh love, did Roman send you over here? Whatever it is, can it wait? Belle was just about to tell us something important."

"Yeah I know," Aden answered her, with a soft smile. "…and no, Roman didn't send me over."

"Oh," Irene exclaimed quietly and then turned her attention back to Belle almost accusingly.

"Okay," Belle began properly. "The reason I gathered you all here… was to tell you that Aden and I… well, we're together."

"What?" Irene exclaimed.

"What?" Geoff nearly shouted as Annie sat in a shocked silence, looking between Aden and Belle almost confusedly.

"Are you serious?" Irene asked Belle directly; ignoring Aden who took hold of Belle's hand.

"She is," Aden said softly. "Look, I know that I've not been the nicest person to all of you in the past and I'm honestly sorry about that…"

"I don't believe this," Geoff interrupted before he could finish.

"It's true Geoff," Belle tried to convince him.

"No," he answered her, looking directly at Aden as he stood up and walked towards the other male. "I don't believe it. He's playing you Belle. He must be."

"He's not!" she exclaimed; squeezing Aden's hand slightly to let him know she wasn't going anywhere.

Geoff ignored her, "Whatever you're doing Aden. You better stop now and leave Belle alone."

"Hey!" Belle exclaimed.

"I'm just looking out for you, Belle," he said as he continued to square up to Aden, the latter now mirroring Geoff's hostile expression.

"I can look out for myself!" she yelled, trying to come between the pair and pushing Geoff away, hoping to stop the inevitable fight that would come out of the confrontation.

"That's enough!" Irene yelled and Geoff immediately backed away. Aden's expression remained stony. "Aden, I think you better go."

"Irene!" Belle exclaimed incredulously.

"I'm sorry Belle, I think we need to talk about this without him here," she explained.

"If we're going to talk about him, I think he has a right to be here…"

"Belle, its fine, I'll go. It probably wasn't the best idea me being here when you did this anyway…"

"Aden…"

"Seriously Belle…"

"I'll call you later," she told him firmly and then gave him a brief kiss to show she wasn't going to let this mean the end of them.

"Bye," he said, almost regretfully, to the rest of the household before leaving.

"I can't believe you Geoff!" Belle yelled at him once Aden was gone.

"Me?" he shouted back.

"Yes, you! You had no right to do that!"

"That is enough!" Irene interrupted yet again. "Geoff, Annie… go to your rooms," she commanded.

"Irene!"

"No arguments Geoff, get going."

She watched the two younger teenagers leave begrudgingly before turning her attention to Belle, "Sit down."

"Irene…"

"Sit."

Belle did as she was told, "Look, I know what you're going to say."

"Really?"

"You think I'm making a mistake."

"I never said that Belle."

"You don't need to. You've made it perfectly clear how you feel about him."

"…and until recently I thought you felt the same way…"

"…so?"

"…well if you can see something worthwhile in him then maybe I should give him a chance too…" Irene found even she was surprised at those words leaving her mouth, but realised once they had that they were true. "I have to admit, working at the diner with him, he is different."

"He is," Belle told her with sincerity radiating through her voice. She was genuinely shocked; she was definitely not expecting that to be Irene's reaction.

"Geoff and Annie might take more convincing," Irene informed her; wanting her to be under no misconceptions.

Belle sighed, "I know."

"But Belle… …are you sure you know what you're doing? As much as I've seen a change in Aden, I still have to admit Geoff did have a point, remember what he did to Tam?" she pointed out caringly.

"Of course I do," Belle defended her self. "…but he regrets it completely and he's shown me a side to him which I don't think he's ever shown anyone else. I trust him and… well… I really like him."

Her foster mother smiled, "Good for you then, love. Just…" she paused as her smile faltered, "…be careful. I don't want you to get hurt."

Belle stood up and hugged the woman tightly, "Thank you."

Please comment! x

P.s. If i find the time, i might try and write a different version of this where Aden and Belle get caught.

That was brilliant!! Exactly what was needed today :lol:

Loved the fluff to the max, but loved the ending with them telling Irene, Geoff and Annie more. I just wish they had done it this way on the show instead of having it so that after a few weeks, everyone's just use to having Aden around at the house without seeing their reactions much :rolleyes:

If you do do another version, I would love to read it. Wouldn't mind seeing them get caught out :lol: But if you don't have the time, then that's understandable :)

xoxo

Archived