The Missing Pieces

Guest wrongturntaken

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I suppose I should ask how he is…" she answered reluctantly when the pause of Roman waiting for her to give in became too much.

"Getting out tomorrow actually, I'll tell him you asked," Roman smirked.

Irene's eyes widened suddenly, "Don't you dare!"

I liked this part.

Good chapter. I loved the reactions from Belle and Irene. Roman was good at dealing with Irene. I loved the scene between the two of them. I can see Irene being confused as to why on earth Roman would want to get this involved in trying to help Aden of all people. Belle was really good in this chapter as well. Loved most of her comments here. Irene hitting her arm for taking the food was funny. And it definitely didn't drag on. Infact I wish most of the chapters could on for this long.

Please update soon.

Thanks for the comments! This is a VERY short one! ...and a bit 'meh' in my opinon. I'll try and do another one tomorrow.

Chapter 4. Irene and Aden working together… (Takes place after Nicole tries it on with him but before he talks to Rachel.)

"You're quiet," Irene stated calmly as she walked into the kitchen; dirty plates in hand. It was her and Aden's first shift working together and he had been unusually silent. Irene was finding it disconcerting in an odd sort of way.

"Would you like me to shout?" he said sarcastically as he turned around from loading the dishwasher.

"…and there's the Aden I know and love," she replied; sarcastic also. "Anyway, some more dirty dishes for you."

"Thanks," he answered, without looking it, as Irene rolled her eyes and went back out to the dining area.

Aden sighed heavily and rubbed his eyes with his left hand. He hadn't slept much the previous night due to Nicole's advances. He hadn't known that that would happen. He had never known so absolutely what a girl wanted and the fact that she was so in control and overpowering to him… it was a little too much to handle.

Irene walked back in the kitchen to see Aden staring at the floor, a million miles away with a sad expression on his face. She narrowed her eyes in concern, not that she'd ever let him see. "…those dishes won't wash themselves you know…" she told him strictly.

His head jolted up, "Right, sorry," he answered as he continued to do the work he was being paid for.

"You alright…?"

"Fine," Aden answered immediately. Irene was the last person he would ever tell if something was bothering him.

Irene rolled her eyes before coming to prepare a salad next to where he was stood.

"Look Irene," Aden started tentatively.

"Yes?" she answered; tight lipped.

"I just wanted to… to thank you…"

Irene stopped what she was doing, "You want to thank me?" she asked in shock.

"Yeah, I wouldn't have thought it either," he laughed slightly causing Irene to give in to a small smile. "It's just I really appreciate the job and I know it might have taken some convincing on Roman's part… I'm just glad you gave me the chance." He wondered whether to add an apology to the end of his gratitude but decided bringing up the past might counteract what he was trying to do. One day, maybe, he'd apologise for the things he had done, but right now, he just wanted to get on with the work.

"Your welcome, Aden," Irene surprised herself with the words, "Just don't blow it, yeah?"

"I'll try not to," he laughed.

Please comment! x

Aw, poor Aden! I loved his thoughts about the whole Nicole incident.

Loved that he apologized to Irene, and her shock about it! :lol:

I dunno why you thought this chapter was a bit 'meh' [but I will agree with you about it being short :wink: ]. I thought it was brill, as always. YOu captured exactly what they were like back then, and you can see the gradual change in Aden, and Irene. It's great!!

Cannot wait for more!

xoxo

Okay so it wasn't long but the length worked for this scene.

I'm not sure why you think it was 'meh'. I actually loved it. It was nice to see them interact like this. Even though we got Aden showing gratitude to Irene and Irene showing a tiny bit of concern for him it still managed to stay completely in character. I love that you can do that. It was good to see some attitude from him in the beginning as well. I miss that Aden sometimes. I felt for Aden as well. You managed to make feel so sad for him even without going to much into his feelings which I like.

Please update soon.

Jen, do you know your chapters don't match up with the one's in the summary.

http://www.backtothebay.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=957466

Yeah, i know. I've meshed a couple of them together. And like i said, they'll be some i'll just put in that i randomly think of that i won't have put on the list. It's just a basic structure. Thanks! :D

Archived