The Missing Pieces

Guest wrongturntaken

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for the comments! Sorry it's been a while since i updated! I feel like i've put this chapter in just so we get these character's reactions to the 'new' Aden which is why i'm not sure the scene completely works. I hope you like it anyway. :huh:

I've written the next chapter already so they'll be an update tomorrow.

Chapter 5.

"Can I have an orange juice?" Aden asked Alf as he sighed heavily. It had been a long day at school and now he was actually making an effort with the work, he was realising how difficult it was. But some vague memories of last year were definitely an advantage.

Alf was pretty busy at the bar, "Is there gonna be a please on the end of that?" He'd heard Aden had got out of hospital but hadn't really seen him around much. So in his mind, he was still the same arrogant boy who liked to cause trouble. However, at the same time, he'd heard the boy had moved in with Roman and had to wonder why.

"Sorry… please?" Aden answered him sincerely with the hint of a smile.

Alf was a little taken aback, "Sure." He made the juice and put it on the bar in front of Aden who already had the right money in his hand and gave it over. "So how's things going at Roman's?"

"Um," Aden started; slightly bewildered that Alf Stewart was starting a conversation with him, as he had picked up his glass and begun to move away. "Good, I guess. Thanks."

Alf nodded at him once curtly before turning his attention to another customer. Aden then walked over to the sofa area and sat down, intent on enjoying his juice and debating whether to have a work out at the gym, when Tony walked through the door. Aden swallowed. He owed the man a huge apology and now that he seemed to be feeling more settled at Roman's and with life generally, this seemed like a good time.

"Hey Alf," Tony greeted briefly as he walked passed the bar and towards the gym.

"Mr Holden!" Aden called, standing up quickly as Tony turned his attention towards him.

"Aden," he answered; not sounding too pleased. "What can I do for you?"

"Actually, I wanted to apologise," Aden told him rather nervously.

"Apologise?" the older man responded with genuine shock.

"Yeah," Aden breathed with a gentle nod of his head. "I know I've caused you a lot of trouble in the past. You were right to kick me off the team and I was wrong to hit you."

Tony looked happily surprised at his words, "Thank you, Aden. I'm glad you've realised that. It's a shame about your knee otherwise I mighthave given you another chance this year."

Aden sighed, "Thanks... I guess I'm just going to have to rely on the books now," he smiled.

Tony smiled back, "Anyway, I've got to get to work so I'll see you around."

"Sure, see you," Aden answered and watched Tonly leave. He downed the rest of his drink and left the surf club, deciding he'd go to the gym later.

Tony came back out of the gym for a second to speak to Alf and saw Aden leaving, "Was that really Aden Jefferies?"

"Apparently," Alf chortled. "I don't know if it was the bump on the head, but something's definitely made that boy change his ways. And about time."

"Yeah," Tony agreed. "Or maybe it's because he's living with Roman now? Makes you think, doesn't it? I've got to admit I didn't like his Dad when ever i've seen him but what his home life must have been like for him to behave like that?"

"Hmm," Alf seconded. "Quite sad when you think about it... Anyway, you best get to work."

"Righto, see you later," Tony answered and went back into the gym.

Please comment! x

Loved Alf and Tony's reaction to Aden's change in behavior towards them. I thought that was brilliantly done. If only we had more people on the actual show questioning his change in behavior like that...

Can't wait for more :D

xoxo

Wow loved it!

Loved how Alf and Tony reacted to seeing a change in Aden. :D

Update soon

Well you should know I will be away tomorrow to a family reunion for the weekend so I will not be on here to coment on the next update. I will back on Sunday sometime whatever time we will be home. :) So I don't have to take my laptop with me, lol.

Thanks for the comments! The kiss is in the chapter AFTER the next one! :D Hope you enjoy this one, It does include some scenes that were on the show to give the original ones some context. I think it's been my favourite to write so far.

Chapter 6. Belle's interested in Aden…

"Uh, idiot, this was supposed to be in the Den," Belle told Aden strictly in the diner, annoyed when all he responded with was a flirtatious smile.

"Oh, that wasn't me gorgeous," he winked; only further incensing her.

Aden laughed inwardly to himself; missing Belle roll her eyes as she backed into the kitchen. He wished she knew he actually meant it and wasn't just baiting her; he'd have to be blind not to notice how good she looked. He headed over to the table to set the champagne down next to where Rachel was stood.

"Hey," she greeted him as though it was going to lead into something.

"Hey."

"How are you doing?" she asked him and he could sense the deeper concern in her voice.

"Yeah, not bad," he answered happily; ignoring what he knew she really meant.

"Listen; did you get a chance to, uh, contact that counsellor yet?" she asked concernedly. She could see him getting gradually uncomfortable as he looked at her before answering.

"Um, no, not yet," he said awkwardly before turning his head to see Belle coming out of the kitchen. He definitely didn't want her to overhear this conversation. Rachel followed his gaze and realised the connection. "I… I haven't really needed to, so… thanks anyway," he added, rubbing his hands together, trying to distract him self from the difficult subject topic.

"Aden I'm sorry, I didn't mean to put you on the spot," Rachel apologised seeing the now slightly upset look on Aden's face that she was sure he'd hide as soon as he'd left her.

"No, no, no, no, no, it's fine, it's all good," he answered quietly and with an edge of regret to his voice, before leaving her side.

Belle watched the scene play out from where she was stood; not oblivious to the intensity between the two. She saw Rachel sigh, in what seemed like annoyance at her self, as Aden headed her way. She was bracing herself for a smart ass comment and was surprised when he merely brushed past her without a word.

She walked over to Rachel who seemed to be staring into space, "What was that about? Seemed pretty serious…" she asked.

Rachel came out of her daze slowly, "Sorry Belle?"

"You and Aden?" she pushed, raising her eyebrows in question as though she was ready to mock the answer when it came.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Belle, I can't say," Rachel answered her with an apologetic smile.

"Really…?" Belle answered in slight surprise.

"Why are you so interested?" Rachel asked curiously.

"I'm not… it's just, this Aden's a bit difficult to get used to… I never know when he's being serious or joking…" she tried to lighten up the statement with a brief laugh before pausing to look at Rachel nervously. "Seemed pretty intense when he was talking to you though?"

Rachel sighed, "Belle, like I said; I can't say… sorry."

"Is that like a doctor/patient confidentiality thing?" she asked; slightly miffed as to why Aden would need that kind of secrecy.

"If you really want to know, you'll have to ask him," Rachel said; feeling as though Belle's prying was getting a little too much. "Excuse me."

"Sure…" Belle let out a small sigh with, what she aimed to be, an understanding smile as Rachel walked away.

Aden was in the kitchen, looking at the things that still needed to be taken out in a day dream, rather than actually taking them. He kept going over and over in his mind what Rachel had said. He couldn't talk to someone about this, could he? They'd think he was weak… and anyway, talking to a complete stranger about your problems… he wasn't sure he could even do that. Maybe it had just been a one time thing with Nicole… besides, it wasn't like he had any other prospects lined up… except…

"Aden?" the girl who had just entered his thoughts yelled.

"What?" he said suddenly as his head jolted up to look at her.

"Geez, where were you? I've called your name like three times!" she exclaimed.

"Sorry," he said hurriedly and picked up a platter of food, resting it on his arm.

"Are you alright?" Belle asked him concernedly.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" he asked; looking at her blankly.

"I dunno… that conversation with Rachel seemed pretty intense…"

"Did you hear any of that?" Aden exclaimed defensively and Belle was shocked at the obvious guard that he had just put up as his chest rose and fell heavily.

"No," Belle answered him calmly.

"Good," his voice was almost soft and calming, "cos it's not your business," his tone was a contradiction to the words he was using although he did look worried.

"Okay," she relented quietly; realising that whatever was going through Aden's mind was obviously a touchy subject. "Do you want to take that before your arms fall off?" she eventually said, nodding towards where he held the platter, with a small laugh.

"Yeah," he smiled, grateful, for once, that she wasn't going to try and talk more. "Thanks."

Belle watched him walk out of the kitchen and was, yet again, annoyed at her incessant curiosity of the boy she now worked with. But at the same time, she knew that when he complimented her, there was a little piece of her that would melt. She found it took a lot of energy to remind herself who he was and what he was really like so she would have a good comeback to what she was sure were just arrogant taunts.

Please comment! x

Archived