Frankie Monroe Scriptwriting Comp '09

Guest Dan F

Can we edit the opening line at all? I don't want to put anything before the line but could I add a word onto the end? Or add a sentence after it? Or does the line just have to be used in the form it's given to open the scene without anything added?

Thanks. :)

Well you're adding a whole scene after that line. As long as you don't add anything before or during the line, you'll be fine.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am either very unlucky or very perceptive, but my first idea for the scene remarkably appeared in the spoilers a few weeks ago so I had to scrap it. It was to do with Martha finding Leah and Roman kissing and her reaction to that. Turns out she did find them together, although her real reaction was different to the one I was planning to write. Now I have new idea which I have already started working on, and I go and watch the promo on the OS and there is a similar scene playing out. What the heck? :blink:

You must have a psychic connection with the writers!

So, spill the beans on what else you have in your mind, and then we can start predicting whats going to happen even before Dan's spoliers!!! :D:D

You should just go ahead and enter your scene though....why not!

On topic :P .......am I allowed to ask how the entries to the scriptwriting comp are coming along. Has there been many received so far? I guess theres about 2 weeks to go to the deadline, right?

^ A couple of years ago I had a fanfiction idea about a young pretty female teacher coming to the school and getting Tony's old PE job (remember he was let go because of cutbacks?) and Tony and she were at loggerheads beacause he thought he should have got his job back instead of it going to her. Anyway, then the two of them unleashed all their tension in a sexual way and had an affair.

Shortly afterwards the storyline with Naomi came on screen and I remember being gobsmacked at how close some of the circumstances were. I never did write my fanfiction because I was worried it would look like plagiarism.

Another idea I have that I would like to see in the show is for them to introduce a British or Irish character, perhaps a backpacker who is working in SB on a year out or something.

Anyhoo, sorry to digress from the topic. I'm not giving away my "new scene competition entry idea", but I think I will have to alter it slighty so that it doesn't look like something that could play out on the show in a couple of weeks.

Another idea I have that I would like to see in the show is for them to introduce a British or Irish character, perhaps a backpacker who is working in SB on a year out or something.

Yes! I've often thought that that would be something they should consider! I'm really surprised they haven't. I mean backpacking in Australia is huge, its like a right of passage for British/Irish youth, and theres a caravan park right there!

Plus with the popularity of H&A in Ireland and the UK, it could be really successful*

(*provided they steer clear of stereotypes of course....remember the Eastenders visit to Ireland a few years ago. Horrendous! :angry: )

Archived