Exams '09

Guest .Amy.

I think I got it. It's a complicated system though. It's funny how most countries all have different systems.

In my senior year, I had 8 written and 6 oral exams. <_<

The worst part about exams is when you have two exams on the same day. In my first year of uni, it was actually even worse. We had a Dutch grammar exam in the morning and an English grammar exam in the afternoon. Then there was another day where we also had an English exam in the morning and a Dutch one in the afternoon. They could have put both Dutch exams on the first day and both English exams on the second day. <_< How many times didn't I think of the Dutch word when I needed the English one and vice versa? :rolleyes:

Wow, that's sounds really stressing :S I'm so glad that I don't have that many exams..

They are actually talking about stop having exams at all, and use other methods throughout the year to measure the students knowledge!

And Eli, have you heard that there might be a strike in the public sector? It might escalted so that we can't have our exams, which means no diploma :blink::unsure: My mum said that have happened a few years ago..

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have my exams for uni starting soon,this week is the final week of learning stuff and next week is recap lectures. ( I also have an essay due on Thursday and a test for the same subject the following Thursday) I have 3 exams, and so far I know the content and 1 essay question for comparative politics (We need to know that question as it's a 3 way strong state-weak state comparison using 3 of the case studies from our lectures/readings (our other sections has essay question options relating to democracy, democratisation, Authoritarian states, a question on (we choose 1 of 3 out of) political culture, political institutions, or economic development, and the last section is about the readings and the casual factor that is referred to).I'm really happy with my exam time table because I finish in the second last week of June :)

^ Ohh science is nasty! Just had an internal last week on experiments. It went pretty well actually but it was kinda hard.

What was your social studies one about? It sounds kinda like the one I'm doing. :D

I think I got it. It's a complicated system though. It's funny how most countries all have different systems.

In my senior year, I had 8 written and 6 oral exams. <_<

The worst part about exams is when you have two exams on the same day. In my first year of uni, it was actually even worse. We had a Dutch grammar exam in the morning and an English grammar exam in the afternoon. Then there was another day where we also had an English exam in the morning and a Dutch one in the afternoon. They could have put both Dutch exams on the first day and both English exams on the second day. <_< How many times didn't I think of the Dutch word when I needed the English one and vice versa? :rolleyes:

Wow, that's sounds really stressing :S I'm so glad that I don't have that many exams..

They are actually talking about stop having exams at all, and use other methods throughout the year to measure the students knowledge!

And Eli, have you heard that there might be a strike in the public sector? It might escalted so that we can't have our exams, which means no diploma :blink::unsure: My mum said that have happened a few years ago..

Don't they say that every year? To be honest I kind of doubt it. And if it does happen, I'm pretty sure we get a diploma, just with fewer grades. I'm almost sure that's how it works, because we can't be held responsible for a strike, so we'd just end up with a diploma where it says we have fewer exams, and that's not going to cause any problems for the student with fewer exams.

Good luck with your exams everybody. :)

I still can't believe I got marked on 17 different exams (including orals and listening), yet I still can't decide what Uni course to do. What a waste. :lol:

Don't they say that every year? To be honest I kind of doubt it. And if it does happen, I'm pretty sure we get a diploma, just with fewer grades. I'm almost sure that's how it works, because we can't be held responsible for a strike, so we'd just end up with a diploma where it says we have fewer exams, and that's not going to cause any problems for the student with fewer exams.

Ahh.. I hope you're right!

Archived