Exams '09

Guest .Amy.

So it's not quite exam time yet but I thought I would start the 2009 thread to discuss the lead up to the exams.

I'm sitting my GCSE's this year, I picked coursework heavy subjects so I have actually completed almost half of my exams, my subjects are:

• ICT
  • Art
  • Spanish
  • Maths
  • LFLAW
  • History
  • Biology
  • Physics
  • Chemistry
  • English
  • RE

So I was wondering what level you were at? What subjects are you doing? Have you done a lot of coursework or modular exams already?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm doing my GCSE's this year.... Fun XD

- English Language

- English literature

- Math

- Science (double award)

- German

- Textiles

- History

- Geography

- ICT

- Astronomy

I've done the geography and history coursework and most of the science. German I have a little more to do and textiles is due in tomorrow which Is why i shouldn't be on here XD

I've done the astronomy exam, 3 science exams and for ICT, we don't have an exam but do the OCR Nationals course, so it's all coursework.

I start back at uni in exactly a month, and I'm doing 4 papers (maximum for a semester).They are all 100 level papers for now, i'm doing some 200 level papers next semester.

Law- Introduction to the New-Zealand Legal System

Political Science (x2) Introduction to Political Science, and Introduction to Comparative Politics

and... European Studies- Introduction to European Studies

They are mainly exam based papers with a mid term test and an assignment or 2 for each paper

GCSE's don't really have an Australian equilent, they are the General Certificate of Secondary Education. They are exams done by fifteen-sixteen year olds, in year 12 in England, Wales, NI (and Ireland I think).

Suzannelgnz- Do you like law? Thats what I wanna do.

GCSE's don't really have an Australian equilent, they are the General Certificate of Secondary Education. They are exams done by fifteen-sixteen year olds, in year 12 in England, Wales, NI (and Ireland I think).

Just NI. We have JC as the GCSE equivalent. :)

I love not having exams. I know I'll have them when I go to College, but I'm not trying to think about that. -_-

JC is Junior cert ( i am doing them this year) and the the LC is the leaving cert (it's what you do to get in to colleges in your last year of school)

my mock exams started today... just music, but it was actually super hard

i'm also doing maths irish english science(biology chemistry and physics) art music cspe(civic social political education) geography history and french

and for english irish and maths there are two papers

i've got art tomorrow which thankfully requires no thinking

the jc consists of three years coursework. the actual exams are in june but you have mock exams in february

Archived