Exams '09

Guest .Amy.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thinkm of the Junior cert as a decider for yourself for what level you want to do subjects at LC. If you get under 50 you should probably go for Ordinary, over 70 definitely Higher. It's really just for personal guidance, that's all mine was good for. You still have the basic choice as to what level you do obviously, and although teachers can recommend till they turn blue, it's up to you. That's how it was in my school, although we weren't allowed go from ordinary to higher, I think thats the same everywhere.

JC is nothing. It counts for nothing. The thought of it is the scary bit, but it's just a longer version of an end of year summer exam.

LC is different, but nowadays in recessionary times they dont bother looking at it because they cant afford to employ anyone. :P

JC is a scare mongering tactic used to frighten the Jeebus out of you when you're young. Like Kat said, it's for personal guidance only. It helps you realize what subjects are for you. I scored very high in a subject I hated, so I was stuck with a decision; do I continue on for another two years hating this subject but get a really good grade, or do I drop it and do something I love? I went for the latter option and dropped it like a hot pancake because I hated it so much. School is so much easier when you love what you're learning. :)

Your best bet is to be confident when sitting the JC and to remember that it's for personal guidance only. Employers will not employ you because you got an A in JC Math, they'll employ you because they think you're the best person for the job. Okay, maybe Leaving Cert results are a basic factor in the employer's decision, but they don't care about Junior Cert results at all. :P

I remember when my maths teacher was like to me "Kat, you haven't done ANY study? It's May! It's your FCKN JUNIOR CERT! ITS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT EXAMS OF YOUR LIFE! IF YOU FAIL, ITS YOUR LOSS."

1) I got a B.

2) Most important exam of my life? Nobody even mentioned it to me after September of 4th year!

3) Obviously she had to resort to swearing when she couldnt scare me with OMEURLYFEISOVAAA during the year xD

Ye the teacher ranting has begun. "What your playing tennis, do you know what to do well in your exams?" or the more usual one "I don't know what to do with you, theres no hope left" blah... blah. Too be honest it makes me want to laugh. For the mock I just studied the night before and I got what I was aiming for in the JC.

Mocks are harder x10000 than the actual exam. If you got what you were aiming for you'll get an extra 10% onto that at least. Thats how it was for like 90% of my class.

Yeah it was like that for me as well , although there was History that I did so much worse in in my actual JC than the mock, I think I might've mixed up some of the paper.

9.00 AM tomorrow! That's when I get to know if I'm having an oral or a written exam this year and also if it's written then I will get to know which subject! Fingers crossed that I'm picked to have a French written exam! I really want to have a written exam, not an oral!

I am doing Travel and Tourism at college and for that we have to have a Geography exam. I only found out about it on Monday and the exam is this Monday :( At least it is multiple choice and I don't think it will be too hard.

Archived