Exams '09

Guest .Amy.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The really annoying thing about the mistake is that it wasn't reported directly. One of the girls who got the wrong paper told her mother who rang the school. If it had been reported straight out, there would have been time for the contingency papers to have been couriered to all the exam papers in time to be sat as scheduled. Instead, it's on Saturday, when a lot of students would be taking a break or more likely studying for the exams in the following days.

How come you are all finished so early. My exams aren't done untill the 17th of June

Is it in the UK that every school in the country gives the same exams?

Well, in England, at least, the main exams are GCSEs (in Year 11, aged 16) and 'A'-Levels (in Year 13, aged 18) and, yes, these are run by different exam boards and every school who is doing the same exam sits them on the same day at the same time (to prevent people cheating). So, for example, all students sitting Edexcel's GCSE French paper will do so on the same day. They finish early because all the papers have to be sent back to the exam boards to be marked in time for results' day in August.

Universities, however, set their own exam papers, so they tend to run on for longer.

WOW has anybody heard what happened today with the English paper 2 in the Leaving Cert ?

Some people in Louth got their hands on the paper that was supposed to be used tomorrow for English Paper 2 so they cancelled the paper tomorrow.

The English paper 2 is going to be remade and given out on saturday now instead.

Exams on a saturday , its an abomination :P:lol:

I'm telling you if that had happened me when I was doing the Junior Cert last year I would have freaked out big time! An exam on a Saturday, its just so horrible like!

I have my first 6 of 12 exams of my junior cert done

English Paper 1 and 2- alright

Maths Paper 1- the worst that I have seen in years

Irish Paper 1 and 2- Simple

Geography- simple

I'm totally dreading maths paper, history and science. I'm good at these subjects it's just that it all depends on what comes up on the paper

I cannot wait until the 17th... then I'll be free as a bird :D

Archived