Eurovision 2009

Guest Cal

Sarah's song was very good! I think it would have done well in Moscow!

___

Running order for the semis and final, announced on ESCToday!

First semi final, 12th May

Malta is allowed to choose its position and goes for number 17.

Bulgaria is allowed to choose its position and goes for number 11.

Portugal is allowed to choose its position and goes for number 16.

The regular draw:

01. Montenegro

02. Czech Republic

03. Belgium

04. Belarus

05. Sweden

06. Armenia

07. Andorra

08. Switzerland

09. Turkey

10. Israel

11. Bulgaria

12. Iceland

13. FYR Macedonia

14. Romania

15. Finland

16. Portugal

17. Malta

18. Bosnia & Herzegovina

Second semi final, 14th May

The Netherlands are allowed to choose their position and go for number 19.

Ukraine is allowed to choose its position and goes for number 17.

Estonia is allowed to choose its position and goes for number 18.

The regular draw:

01. Croatia

02. Ireland

03. Latvia

04. Serbia

05. Poland

06. Norway

07. Cyprus

08. Slovakia

09. Denmark

10. Slovenia

11. Hungary

12. Azerbaijan

13. Greece

14. Lithuania

15. Moldova

16. Albania

17. Ukraine

18. Estonia

19. Netherlands

Final, 16th May

Spain is allowed to choose its position and goes for number 25.

Russia is drawn at number 10.

The UK is drawn at number 23.

Germany is drawn at number 17.

France is drawn at number 3.

The voting order for the final:

01. Spain

02. Belgium

03. Belarus

04. Malta

05. Germany

06. Czech Republic

07. Sweden

08. Iceland

09. France

10. Israel

11. Russia

12. Latvia

13. Montenegro

14. Andorra

15. Finland

16. Switzerland

17. Norway

18. Bulgaria

19. Lithuania

20. United Kingdom

21. FYR Macedonia

22. Slovakia

23. Greece

24. Bosnia & Herzegovina

25. Ukraine

26. Turkey

27. Albania

28. Serbia

29. Cyprus

30. Poland

31. Netherlands

32. Estonia

33. Croatia

34. Portugal

35. Romania

36. Ireland

37. Denmark

38. Moldova

39. Slovenia

40. Armenia

41. Hungary

42. Azerbaijan

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are the French signing in French this year? I never have a clue what they're on about, but I always think it sounds good. Reminds me of my summer with French MTV which featured some guy rapping December 63 in French, 3 men singing about being the Rose of the World in Romeo and Juliette and some girl who looked about 15 called Alice saying she was actually called Lolita. Without fail those 3 songs played each hour. It was like France's charts only had about 10 songs in it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anybody heard of all the drama going on in Moscow? Well...

Channel One aren't exactly being "fair" towards certain countries. The camera work and art direction for some songs has been awful for some countries. Ireland's camera work was dire, as was Malta's. Lithuania has threatened to pull out if they don't get what they want (which is understandable because they're being refused what some countries (ie. Russia) already have!) and apparently Norway were quite peeved with the camera work of their performance.

I heard the Netherlands' main singer is refusing to participate if the GayPride March, which was supposed to be scheduled for May 16, will still be banned from happening. Did you hear what the mayor of Moscow said? "Not only do they destroy morals within our society, but they consciously provoke disorder which threatens the lives of Muscovites and visitors." He also called for gay men to be "flogged like they are in Muslim countries". :huh: I can see a lot of violence in Moscow, unfortunately. May 17 is the International Day Against Homophobia, the day after the Final. Lots of police on the streets I'd say, which isn't necessarily a good thing as they can be as bad as anybody else!

Anyway... Tonight will be interesting. I just hope Switzerland and Andorra qualify. I think they'll be borderline but I hope they do. :(

Is it me or did the show use to be better? :unsure: These last few years, I haven't liked that many songs. There are not that many songs I like this time either. <_<

Apparently, Belgium has three chances to go to the finale this year. You have the Belgian entry, then Hadise, who sings for Turkey, is born and lives in Belgium although she spends a lot of time in Turkey nowadays and it's a Belgian who wrote the song for Malta. I hope at least one of them will make it to the finale as we haven't been able to get through to the finale in years now. I've heard Hadise is pretty popular in Europe so maybe she'll get to go to the finale. I have the feeling our entry won't go to the finale though. Hadise's song is even more popular over here than our own entry! :rolleyes: But maybe I'm wrong. I loved Kate Ryan's song in 2006 and she didn't make it. I dislike our entry this year so maybe it'll get through, just to annoy me. :P

Archived