Eurovision 2009

Guest Cal

May I ask how Romania got through? It was possibly the worst performance and the song was like something from the 90s. :( I'm gutted Andorra and Switzerland didn't get through. :(

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YES ! I'm sooo happy, Estonia finally made it to the final! :)

I loved Cypros, Denmark and Norway's songs :)

I'm little disappointed that Ukraine, Albania and Moldova made it... I didn't really like them. Countries like Cypros and Ireland should be in final :)

That sucks, Cal... Ireland was definitely not among the worst tonight. I know because my dad and I agreed it wasn't horrible :P

I can't believe Croatia went through. Seriously, that was one of the worst things ever. And not just in music.

I'm happy Norway went through, obviously, even though I don't think Alexander had his best performance tonight. And I'm so glad we were announced second to last, simply because it's so much fun listening to Norwegian commentators go from sooooo sure we're gonna win the whole thing, to use words like "scandal" on the verge of tears, and then become super cocky :P

Azerbajan was my favourite tonight. I was really surprised by that, but the song was actually really good, and I'm glad they made it through. :)

Croatia was noodles. Just sloppy and all over the place.

I voted for Estonia because I knew Norway would get about a million votes anyway. :P I'm happy about Norway progressing. Great song. ^_^

And Ukraine. <3 :wub: :wub:

Ireland out of the final again. :(

Welcome to the club! :P & :(

I quite liked Ireland. I loved Norway and Denmark. Ronan Keating wrote Denmark's entry and I thought it did sound a bit like him. Maybe that's why I liked it. :P I really didn't like Croatia.

I forgot Ruslana won in 2004. I didn't think it was that long ago. It just seems like yesterday they were playing her song over and over again on all the radio and music channels.

Just like Barbara, I maybe liked Denmark's song because Ronan Keating wrote it. Great song!

I didn't like Croatia either, can't understand why it made through. Ireland or Cypros should have been in final instead Croatia.

I think most of the finalists deserve to be in the final this year. The only songs I'd gladly see the back of are Greece, Croatia, Romania and Azerbaijan. I really didn't like them and I would have loved to have seen four other songs (Andorra, Switzerland, Ireland and Belgium (or Slovenia)) battle it out in the final. :( Turkey is borderline for me. The song is catchy, but I couldn't hear Hadise singing any of the chorus, but it'll do well anyway.

Quite pleased with Moldova getting through. Very pretty song. All the Nordic songs are great this year. They seem to be doing very well these past few years which is a nice change (especially for Iceland). I'm delighted Serbia failed because it was pure dirge. Albania's song is great, but the performance was a big crappy. Estonia's song is lovely. As is Lithuania's. Armenia's song is one of my favorites.

I'm a bit iffy about Israel's song. Okay, it has a great meaning, but that's about it. The same goes for Bosnia even though they're denying the meaning of their song. They say it's a love song, but I think it's a song about how peaceful the Balkans were under Communist rule (They were all wearing white and all stood together with a red flag blowing over them... It really doesn't get anymore obvious than that. Or am I just reading too much into it? :P)

The radio is being overrun with idiots this morning complaining about Bloc voting. The fact is is that Ireland's song was good, but not good enough. And most of this 'Bloc' didn't even qualify so it wasn't Bloc voting! We need to send something which isn't safe. We need to send something traditional. Yeah, 2007 doesn't count because she couldn't sing. :P We need to send Clannad or something.

Oslo, Paris, Yerevan, or Keiv in 2010!

Archived