Eurovision 2009

Guest Cal

I've heard of Velvet before. :) I didn't get to watch any semi-finals or finals tonight, but I've updated the list in the first post. Some songs I haven't added because there aren't any youtube links yet.

Iceland and Lithuania are very good. :wink:

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Semifinal 2 was in Sweden last night.

Here were the participants:

l_s_ny.jpg Lili & Susie- Show Me Heaven

ll_band_ny.jpg Lasse Lindh & Bandet- Jag Ska Slåss I Dina Kvarter

jennifer_ny.jpg Jennifer Brown- Never Been Here Before

heat.jpg H.E.A.T - 1000 Miles

markoolio_ny.jpg Markoolio- Kärlekssång Från Mig

amy_ny.jpg Amy Diamond-Its My Life

CookiesBeans_ny.jpg Cookies n Beans- What If

mans_ny.jpgMåns Zelmerlöw- Hope and Glory

Måns Zelmerlöw and Heat came to the final

And Amy Diamond and Lili & Susie went to the second chans.

Alexander Rybak just won the Norwegian finale by a major landslide (he won by more than 400 000 votes, I hear. And considering that's about 1/12 of the entire population in Norway, and we can assume not all of those voted, I think it's safe to say people agreed this time :P) and will be representing Norway in Moscow with his song "Fairytale".

It seems the Eastern side of Europe is sending awful tripe this year, and the Western side (excluding Ireland :P) are sending very good songs. Seriously, I think it's safe to say that Macedonia, Belarus, Bulgaria (horrible live), Romania and Poland will not be heading to the final this year. Lithuania might, their song is very nice, and I'm sure Latvia will get through on Ireland's 12 points which they get every year :P

If I were to predict the top 5 purely on a political and song basis, I'd say they will be Russia, Ukraine, Norway, Turkey, and France.

But I do hope it's Oslo or Paris in 2010. :D

Archived