Eurovision 2009

Guest Cal

I am so NOT happy. :angry: Hadise is performing for Turkey and a lot of people seem to like the song. Why can't she perform for Belgium? <_< She lives here and it's here that she started her career. We might have had a chance to make it to the final for once if she was representing Belgium. <_<

emilia.jpg Emilia- You're My World

Is that the woman who sang "Big Big World" a few years ago? :unsure: She looks like her. I loved "Big Big World". :wub:

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not too sure whether the song choice for the UK will do well, as it is a ballad and for the Eurovision I think upbeat songs are more suited. However, I do really like the song and Jade sings it very well, but I'll guess we will just have to wait and see what Europe think of it.

Barbara, I dislike Hadise's entry, so I'm kinda glad she isn't representing Belgium. :P

Homeandaway_Fan1, the first bunch of songs were very good! :) I heard Amy Diamond has entered again, is it true? I liked her song last year.

Abigail, I agree. I like Jade and the song is fine, but I don't think it'll go down well on the night. I hope the UK do well this year, they didn't deserve last place in 2008. I didn't like Andy's song, but it was far better than some of the twaddle which was making top ten!

Homeandaway_Fan1, the first bunch of songs were very good! :) I heard Amy Diamond has entered again, is it true? I liked her song last year.

Yes she is entering again, she will compete in the second semifinal, next saturday february 14th with the song It`s My life.

Yes there were some good songs the first round, Alcazar is my favourite from them.

BWO is also entering the competition again with the song You're Not Alone, but they will be in semifinal 3 on february 21th.

Also Maria Haukkas Storeng who competed for Norway in ESC last year will be in semifinal 4 with Anna Sahlene aka Sahlene who competed for estonia in 2002, they will compete with the song Killing Me Tenderly, in the 4th and last semifinal on February 28th.

^Great :) I liked Amy's song last year. I hope she does well again this year. :)

I think we have one confirmed Eurosong finalist for Ireland. They are a band called Lamph and they submitted a song called "Roisin Dubh". It has an Irish sound but it's rather upbeat too. I does sound a bit 90s, but it could do well if performed nicely.

note: the title on the video is the old title, they changed the song title from "Chead a Mhile Lies" to "Roisin Dubh"

Here in Norway the semifinals are almost done! Here's who won the semifinals ;) You can listen to all the songs here

Semifinal 1 in Kongsvinger

mgp02vn7.jpg

Velvet - "Tricky"

mgp01jr9.jpg

Thomas Brøndbo - "Det vart en storm"

Semifinal 2 in Bodø

mgp05ld3.jpg

Tone Damli Aaberge - "Butterflies"

mgp06va7.jpg

Alexander Stenerud - "Find my girl"

Semifinal 3 in Grenland

mgp09ni4.jpg

Ovi - "Seven Seconds"

mgp10zz6.jpg

Alexander Rybak - "Fairytale"

Last chance in Ã…lesund - yet to be held

mgp03lt3.jpg

Surferosa - "U look good"

mgp04uc4.jpg

Espen Hana - "Two of a kind"

mgp07as0.jpg

Publiners - "Te stein"

mgp08wa8.jpg

Janni Santillan - "(Like you did) Yesterday"

mgp11hf2.jpg

Sunny - "Carrie"

mgp12bp3.jpg

Jane Helen - "Shuffled"

mgp14oc7.jpg

KeSera - "Party" (I can't believe they got through :blink: )

mgp13os3.jpg

Foxy - "Do it again"

^Great :) I liked Amy's song last year. I hope she does well again this year. :)

I think we have one confirmed Eurosong finalist for Ireland. They are a band called Lamph and they submitted a song called "Roisin Dubh". It has an Irish sound but it's rather upbeat too. I does sound a bit 90s, but it could do well if performed nicely.

note: the title on the video is the old title, they changed the song title from "Chead a Mhile Lies" to "Roisin Dubh"

I am sure she has a good song, I am excited to hear BWOs song and the hear Anna Sahlene and Marias song to. Velvet usually has good songs so I hope she has one this year to.

Archived