Eurovision 2009

Guest Cal

Original post updated. I don't know whether to laugh or cry at Latvia's entry. They're being sneaky by singing it in Russian is hopes of getting some points from Russia. :P

Bosnia and Herzegovina's entry is lovely. It's traditional and contemporary. :)

Croatia's entry is dire. But they'll get through thanks to the old neighbour votes.

Spain's entry is quite good. I watched the 3rd semi-final and final (all one big show) live the other night. Soraya and Melody had a tie, both with 24 points. So it went down to which artist had more televotes. (Melody got 12 from the jury, Soraya got 10 from the jury. But Soraya got 12 from televotes, and Melody got 10 from televotes. Seriously, when I saw they had a tie, I thought the show would go on for another three hours or something. It was 2am Spanish time when the tie happened , I was SO tired :P)

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently, from what I've heard Norway was at the top of the lists made from what people bet on or something, until today, when Spain took over. Not sure what I think of the Spanish song. I think the Norwegian song is more unique and easy to remember, but that could be related to the fact that you can't avoid hearing it every day if you live here :P

Cal, are we going to have the discussion about Eastern European neighbour votes again? :P Cause I'll have you know Norway gave Sweden 12 points, and Sweden gave Finland 12 point last year, although nobody else gave them that many points, and the last time I checked neither of those countries are in "Eastern Europe". And I'm pretty sure, if there actually was possible to find numbers to prove that this is a problem only happening in Eastern Europe, then we would have seen those numbers by now. It's not their fault our music sucks so bad :P

Anyway, so far I've only heard the Norwegian, Irish, Spanish and Georgian entries. I'm still kind of a fan of everyone hearing all the songs for the first time in the finale (or the semi finale now, of course) but I usually tend to end up listening to most of them anyway :P

I havnt listened to the Norweigan song yet, I feel a little embarassed about that, sorry Eli, I will listen to it I promise.

I long for March 14th when we have our final. It is hard I dont know if I want Alcazar or Måns Zelmerlöw to win, but then there are many songs in the second chans also. Like Sarah Dawn Finers beautiful song, BWOs song, Sofia with the greek song Alla. H.E.A.T who are also in the final. E.M.D has a pretty good song as well. I dont really know I will problably vote for Alcazar or Måns, but then if Sarah is in the final with her beautiful ballad I will problably vote for her.

Hehe, absolutely no need to apologise, I haven't heard a single Swedish finalist this year. Like I said, I would have watched the semi finals, but I no longer have any Swedish channels. I'll try to make it up by drinking an extra big glass of the soda my dad bought in Sweden yesterday :P

Cal, are we going to have the discussion about Eastern European neighbour votes again? Cause I'll have you know Norway gave Sweden 12 points, and Sweden gave Finland 12 point last year, although nobody else gave them that many points, and the last time I checked neither of those countries are in "Eastern Europe". And I'm pretty sure, if there actually was possible to find numbers to prove that this is a problem only happening in Eastern Europe, then we would have seen those numbers by now. It's not their fault our music sucks so bad

Nooo! I never said anything about Eastern Europe! :P It's just that Serbia and Slovenia have very close ties with Croatia, both politically and culturally, so it wouldn't surprise me if they'd get through on the genre of the song alone. It's just like Norway and Sweden, or Ireland and the UK [but not quite politically!]. I wish the UK would just be in a semi final (preferably ours) so we could get through :(

I'm not a fan of listening to the entries before the contest either, but I couldn't help myself because I felt obliged to start this topic again and post the links. :lol: I'm not doing it next year, though. Or I might not listen to any more of this year's entries until the night, just so they're not fresh in my mind. :P

I read somewhere that we'll finally know which song will represent our country on Tuesday.

It's so annoying that we don't get to vote when it's the French part of the country's turn to choose a song. They don't let us vote for a favourite. They don't even air a special programme on TV. I've always wondered who picked the songs when it's the French part's turn. :unsure:

Hopefully, it will be better than that Flower Power song or whatever the name was of that awful song from 2 years ago. :rolleyes:

Lol, The KMG's - Love Power (or something like that) was awful. But Urban Trad, Xandee, Kate Ryan and Ishtar were great. :D

Russia picked their song tonight. I watched it live. The public are going CRAZY about it being picked. You can listen to it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iu-8dPH1Jc. I think it's OK, but it's not a winner. And the violent screaming at the end kind of kills it a bit :P

Lol, The KMG's - Love Power (or something like that) was awful. But Urban Trad, Xandee, Kate Ryan and Ishtar were great. :D

Tell me about it. I still can't believe Kate Ryan didn't get through to the final. :(

Patrick Ouchène will represent us this year. The song is called Copycat. I don't really like it but I guess it could have been worse. Mind you, I've only heard it once. Maybe I'll get used to it but I'm not so sure. It doesn't really matter as I can't vote for my own coutry anyway. :P

I had read somewhere that an Elvis impersonator would represent us and you can hear some resemblances with Elvis. So I'm guessing he was the one the journalist was talking about.

Archived