Irene Roberts - Lynne McGranger

Cerise

On 21/08/2019 at 00:40, j.laur5 said:

What was Irene studying at uni in 2003?. 

It's a shame it was not teaching or something that might have opened more doors for her in instead of returning to the Diner. 

Imagine if she had become a teacher I bet Irene would have become principal by now. 

I can remember Irene being a mature student, but I don't remember what she was studying. I don't even remember her finishing the course. I wonder if it was just suddenly dropped with no reference to it again.

This is an excerpt from Irene's character bio on the main site.

Having failed to find a replacement, Don arranged for her to attend secretarial classes and the rest as they say is history. She remained the school secretary for a long time becoming very much an integral part of the school. Whilst working there part time while she attended Uni to do an English Literature degree part time.  

This bio can be found here.   https://www.backtothebay.net/characters/irene-roberts/

• Like 1

On 27/08/2019 at 02:41, John said:

This is an excerpt from Irene's character bio on the main site.

Having failed to find a replacement, Don arranged for her to attend secretarial classes and the rest as they say is history. She remained the school secretary for a long time becoming very much an integral part of the school. Whilst working there part time while she attended Uni to do an English Literature degree part time.  

This bio can be found here.   https://www.backtothebay.net/characters/irene-roberts/

Was her doing the uni degree plot just never mentioned again as I don't remember seeing her finish the course? Or did she drop out?

3 minutes ago, Jamie! said:

Was her doing the uni degree plot just never mentioned again as I don't remember seeing her finish the course? Or did she drop out?

I think she got job on radio station and drop out after she starting getting people abusing her but vandalism her car. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've said it a million times, but I don't understand why the show doesn't recast Finlay with her husband and kids, it would give Irene's character more to do than just running the diner. Her only charge is Willow who's an adult so it'd be easy to move her out and move Fin's family in. How old are Fin's kids? It'd be easy enough to age them down and build a group around Bella seeing as she'll be the only one in school soon

• Like 1

• 6 months later...