Irene Roberts - Lynne McGranger

Cerise

It'd be nice if she got a storyline again soon. She's just sort of there to the point where I forget where she's gone, because there was not much going on with her to be invested in.

I feel she's become a bit nosey like Leah, wanting to know all the gossip.

Irene is such a judgmental, interfering, self-righteous busybody at the moment. 

Poor Lynne  McGranger, the  PTB just don’t seemed to know how to write Irene . 

I love Lynne but Irene the character has just gone downhill in the last few years. 

I think it might be a good idea if Lynne decided to take a few months break. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Why were they thinking of writing out Irene in 2002?

I think it very bizarre since she had Nick and Hayley at that point and she had been around for almost ten years.

With both Donald and Shelley leaving around that time you'd think they wouldn't want to lose any more older characters, and if any you'd think Colleen would be dropped before Irene.

Does anyone have any insight on this?

• 5 weeks later...
17 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

I know it’s not character related but good to have someone like Lynne in cast as she very devoted to show and fans as she is very she honest with fans and bought rumours to PTB attention to close them down. 

I agree. I feel like a lot of the longer-running actors are the ones doing the promo (especially in the UK) and its nice that they are so passionate about it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cymbaline said:

I'm sure they're well paid to be passionate about it. I couldn't see Lynne getting other acting work if H&A was axed. She knows what side her bread is buttered on.

I think she could easily get acting work again and expressing in London after all panto stuff she done  !. 

Besides she doesn’t need to work anymore as she in retirement age . 

• 4 weeks later...