Irene Roberts - Lynne McGranger

Cerise

You mean to say that now poor Irene is doing more than wiping tables you want her to leave? :P. I feel they have changed her history quite alot with scary Mick being her son I still don't believe that.. But I guess they had too think of something to do with her. She's very creepy though :lol:

• Like 1

It is strange that a well established character like Irene has changed so much recently. It's odd to say the least. I don't why exactly? Lazy writing i guess. Don't they have a "bible" with stuff written down to use as a template if needed? Most soaps do.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dee123 said:

It is strange that a well established character like Irene has changed so much recently. It's odd to say the least. I don't why exactly? Lazy writing i guess. Don't they have a "bible" with stuff written down to use as a template if needed? Most soaps do.

It must have been all that domestic and stain remover made her go a bit fuzzy :lol:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Does anyone feel they've got a bit tired of Irene's character?.

For some reason I just have got tired of how brash and short tempered  she can be. I just don't feel like Irene is central part of town any more. In the last two years Irene has run to her daughter or son several times when the going got tough.

Maybe Irene heading a similar way to how Pippa was towards the end of living in the Bay.   

• Like 1

It's such a shame because for the the first ten years of the show Irene was developing so well as a character. With those years of neglect it does seem the writers are all over the place with her know. Looking at her know it hard to believe that Lynne was used for comedy in the show sometimes. And she's a good comic actress. 

7 hours ago, project90 said:

I've thought for a long time that either give her long term romance with a guy who has few kids and give her ready made family or recast Finn and bring her in with her husband and kids and build family around her

I think Nathan should come back instead, he can have an interesting return. 

• Like 1