Irene Roberts - Lynne McGranger

Cerise

On 17/03/2020 at 05:30, EndlessSummer said:

Just curious does anyone know whatever happened to the original actress of Irene, Jacqy Phillips? 

7 hours ago, Bobby Forever Missed said:

She was in an episode of Blue Heelers in 1995 but other than that I don't think she's been heard of since Irene

She’s done the odd film/short, but mostly works on stage:

http://pricecheckmusical.com.au/cast.htm

https://artsreview.com.au/on-the-couch-with-jacqy-phillips/

https://www.macarthuradvertiser.com.au/story/5368767/short-film-shines-light-on-end-of-life-choice/

• Like 1

But what have remember is that Lynne starting once they starting make Irene no longer villian and had Jacqy continue she would likely of played Irene same. 

When Lynne has played Irene when she has  fallen of wagon couple times and Lynne was fantastic and reverted   back to being nasty drunk and 2009 when she slap Annie it  really felt like flash back to Jacqy days and i really think if Lynne had played her 1991 that Lynne would be just as good as evil Irene. 

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

But what have remember is that Lynne starting once they starting make Irene no longer villian and had Jacqy continue she would likely of played Irene same. 

When Lynne has played Irene when she has  fallen of wagon couple times and Lynne was fantastic and reverted   back to being nasty drunk and 2009 when she slap Annie it  really felt like flash back to Jacqy days and i really think if Lynne had played her 1991 that Lynne would be just as good as evil Irene. 

I disagree that she played it exactly the same in 2009. Lynne played Irene as much more of a sad, simpering alcoholic with a temper, wheras Jacqy's Irene was an out-and-out angry alcoholic.

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Irene once again has change her personality overnight she now back to being  written as meek character like she was around 2010-2012.

I noticed Irene character changers her temperament every few years as for few years she is hot headed and brash and she changers to more meek and softer temperament and for better example  Irene being more like Lynne. 

Edited by j.laur5
  • Confused 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...